Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
    I'm just spit-ballin here, but what if he just isn't very good and it showed when he played against better competition? Don't get me wrong, I was high on the guy prior to this week and i still think he posesses the tools, but he looked aweful this week and we don't need another reciever to drop passes. Jmac did enough of that this year to last us for two seasons.
    uggggg...dont remind me about...about well you know who....saying his name might be bad luck

    Comment


    • Jets Lone Pro Bowler..... is a cheerleader

      http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...s-in-two-weeks
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
        I'm just spit-ballin here, but what if he just isn't very good and it showed when he played against better competition? Don't get me wrong, I was high on the guy prior to this week and i still think he posesses the tools, but he looked aweful this week and we don't need another reciever to drop passes. Jmac did enough of that this year to last us for two seasons.
        I think that would make more sense if he played for a mid-major or a D2 school, but he played in the Big 12 South, and had some fairly big games against top competition. And it's not as if size-wise he's less than impressive, because he's probably the opposite of that. I'm sure he was just nervous. Of course, he could very well be this year's Derek Hagan, but I still like him and definitely would want him on our team.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

        Comment


        • Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
          I think that would make more sense if he played for a mid-major or a D2 school, but he played in the Big 12 South, and had some fairly big games against top competition. And it's not as if size-wise he's less than impressive, because he's probably the opposite of that. I'm sure he was just nervous. Of course, he could very well be this year's Derek Hagan, but I still like him and definitely would want him on our team.


          yea he has played against good compitition and i dont think thats his problem...i think he is just a little rusty and this is a very big stage...im sure he will start playing better

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
            yea i would love to see a WR 6'3 or higher that can be a big red zone threat to go along with cotchery and stucky in a couple of years...as for jordy nelson he his tall but does not play like it so i would not like to draft him...i want a WR that can streach the feild and that clemens can throw it up and make him go get it...that would be a great combo with cotch and stucky who are good at YAC
            what about James Hardy? I keep seeing his name as a 2nd/3rd round pick. If he somehow slips to the 3rd, he'd be a huge steal. WR isn't the most pressing need, but we wouldn't be able to pass him up.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
              what about James Hardy? I keep seeing his name as a 2nd/3rd round pick. If he somehow slips to the 3rd, he'd be a huge steal. WR isn't the most pressing need, but we wouldn't be able to pass him up.
              I'd say it depends who the Jets get in free agency. As of now though, I don't want to see them draft anyone who isn't.

              A. An offensive lineman
              B. A defensive linemen
              C. A rush linebacker

              day one.

              Comment


              • which is why I said WR isn't a pressing need..

                In the case that Hardy goes before the 3rd (most likely the case), I'd say:

                1. Gholston
                2. DE/RT/NT (Moore? Balmer? Chris Williams?)
                3. OG (Albert would be nice)

                Comment


                • No OL, DL, or rush OLB on old day one or new day one? As of right now I completely agree, at least for the first two rounds and without seeing any FA. If we make some moves there I think it gives us a little flexibility. I definitely like the idea of Albert though, and I'm starting to think it's pretty likely we look to trade down from the 6 spot.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    No OL, DL, or rush OLB on old day one or new day one? As of right now I completely agree, at least for the first two rounds and without seeing any FA. If we make some moves there I think it gives us a little flexibility. I definitely like the idea of Albert though, and I'm starting to think it's pretty likely we look to trade down from the 6 spot.
                    If Gholston isn't available. If he's available why would we not take him? He's proven himself has a top 10 pick and he's exactly what we need.
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

                    Comment


                    • Yea, I'm curious too as to why you'd have us trading down...just wondering how you envision that all playing out in the end...
                      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

                      Jets will not take McFadden...

                      Comment


                      • Not quite that I think we should but I think we will. I guess my thought is a lot of our larger needs can be filled in the mid first-second range. Lots of good right tackles, ends, possibly nose tackles, corners, and wideouts are going to be available in that range and I think if we can we'll try and stockpile those picks to fill needs there and then maybe try a Bruce Davis, Shawn Crable type at OLB and see how that works. Not saying we should or shouldn't but I have a funny feeling we will.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          Not quite that I think we should but I think we will. I guess my thought is a lot of our larger needs can be filled in the mid first-second range. Lots of good right tackles, ends, possibly nose tackles, corners, and wideouts are going to be available in that range and I think if we can we'll try and stockpile those picks to fill needs there and then maybe try a Bruce Davis, Shawn Crable type at OLB and see how that works. Not saying we should or shouldn't but I have a funny feeling we will.
                          Keep in mind that this is true for all teams in all years. Seriously, how many fans don't want their team to accumulate draft pick and a jazillion late first early second rounders?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                            If Gholston isn't available. If he's available why would we not take him? He's proven himself has a top 10 pick and he's exactly what we need.
                            Well really, he hasn't proven that just yet. If he puts on a show at the combine, then he'd have made a legitimate claim.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                              Well really, he hasn't proven that just yet. If he puts on a show at the combine, then he'd have made a legitimate claim.
                              With the incredible seasons hes had over the last couple of years hes already more than proven hes worthy of a top 10 selection. I think its pretty safe to say hes gonna rip it in the combine as well.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                                Keep in mind that this is true for all teams in all years. Seriously, how many fans don't want their team to accumulate draft pick and a jazillion late first early second rounders?
                                Very true. Again just a feeling I have, though it seems I have it every year. Picks are going to be so valuable for us this year depending on what we do in FA.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information