This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
    I don't like the idea of Penny coming back and I think it would be in poor taste. I fully believe Clemens will beat him out in training camp as he had a phenomenal one last year. I don't think that having chad sit on the bench for 16 games would be in the best interest in the team; yes he is a team player, but for a guy who wants to start and beleives he can start, i doubt he takes wasting an entire year on the bench. I expect penny to be traded prior to training camp and the jets to bring in a quality backup quarterback.

Miller has/had a ton of potential as it has yet to be seen how he comes back from his injury. If he comes back in the same form, he has all the tools to be a #2 CB, a good #2 CB. Continuing with our secondary; Elam surprised me and I think with a whole offseason of preparation of training and watching films his production will only increase. I'll be interested to see if darnell bing can mount any type of competition between elam and smith, but i still expect elam to be the favorite to start.

Two other guys i'll be eager to see are Kareem Brown and Stuckey. If stuckey can stay healthy I expect him to surpass Brad Smith as our #3 receiver and make a significant contribution. I don't have any expectations for brown except to hopefully turn into a solid backup.
    i agree, just cut your ties with chad already, and it will also split the locker room like i'm sure it did this past year. as far as who would be our #2, i think we should still be concerned about who will be our #1- i'm not too impressed with clemens, even though he was running for his life since he started..if we can acquire volek somehow, that would be great-we wanted him to begin with a couple years ago to replace chad anyway. would be a nice fit, and he won a hell of a playoff game against indy @ indy coming in as a backup.
    "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
      Just an all-around solid prospect with a cool name.
      A very cool name... haha
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• zach thomas is most likely going to be released..even though he is passed his prime, he wouldn't be a bad asset if vilma is gone. he has the experience to mentor harris. i'm sure other teams are going to give him reasonable offers, but how great would it be to have him play his old team twice a year?

Comment

• Even though he is a fin, I have always loved zach thomas and most likely always will, however he is not the right fit for our scheme and I would imagine he'll probably end up on a team that's ready to make a push. He is a bit undersized for our 34 and personally, after all the years he's put into the dolphins I hope he ends up with a good team that gives him a shot to get a ring (although if it's us keeping him from getting a ring that screw him hah).

1,000th post...i thought about waiting around for the perfect post, some kind of sublime information that we signed Stacy Andrews for 2 mill a year, however this ain't the case haha. Free agency starts soon boys, here's to a great offseason and season for the jets.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Coles's is reportedly going to hold out this year....I say we trade him, geta pick (KC's 2nd rounder maybe lol, doubt it) and replace him in the draft or FA.
            Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
              Coles's is reportedly going to hold out this year....I say we trade him, geta pick (KC's 2nd rounder maybe lol, doubt it) and replace him in the draft or FA.
              Holding out? What is he holding out for? Didn't he not want to continue his career that much longer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                Holding out? What is he holding out for? Didn't he not want to continue his career that much longer?
                No, quite the opposite I believe...

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index....900.xml&coll=1
                Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Well, he says they would take care of him with a long term contract. He has only been in the league for 8 years, I thought it was a lot longer then that for some reason...

Comment

• Wow Pete Kendall all over again? Just pay the man, he deserves it. Give him the extension and keep him in NY. If not trade him for high picks.
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Well, Pete Kendall was asking for a new contract the year right after he was given one.....

Comment

• He says the jets lied to him, but when you sign a 5 year contract extension and only play 3 without complaining and refuse to play the last two, isn't that lying??

"Coles got a $13 million bonus in 2003, a $5 million bonus in 2005 and total base salaries of more than $9 million over the last five years, meaning he's averaged about $5.5 million a year since the expiration of his rookie contract while averaging about 950 receiving yards a season." ~NYJB

He's 30 years old and coming off a injury riddled season. I love coles just as much as the next guy, but i'm tired of players signing a very nice contract, than wanting a new one halfway through it. If he's gonna hold out/act like this, than i think moving him for high value is the best option.

Edit: I would rather him be happy and on the team, but if he's gonna be a malcontent than i dunno how i feel how it.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                          He says the jets lied to him, but when you sign a 5 year contract extension and only play 3 without complaining and refuse to play the last two, isn't that lying??

"Coles got a $13 million bonus in 2003, a $5 million bonus in 2005 and total base salaries of more than $9 million over the last five years, meaning he's averaged about $5.5 million a year since the expiration of his rookie contract while averaging about 950 receiving yards a season." ~NYJB

He's 30 years old and coming off a injury riddled season. I love coles just as much as the next guy, but i'm tired of players signing a very nice contract, than wanting a new one halfway through it. If he's gonna hold out/act like this, than i think moving him for high value is the best option.

Edit: I would rather him be happy and on the team, but if he's gonna be a malcontent than i dunno how i feel how it.
                          i said it as well, just get rid of him. he is an above average player, but not great..maybe herm wants him-hell, we can package something with him and penny to some team that needs WR and/or QB and get draft picks. i agree with you also when all these players sign 4-5 year deals, than midway start crying how they deserve more. coles is barely a #1 WR anyway, most other teams he would be #2 (ex. lions, pats, gb, nyg, cincy). quick question- what are your thoughts of possibly getting in the mix for crumpler?

Comment

• No to Crumpler. Not saying he won't be good but he is not going to be worth what we would have to give him juts to upgrade over Baker. He reports to training camp every year out of shape and he drops so many passes.

If we traded Coles, our WR core would be god awful.

Comment

• I'll say a definate no to crumpler and i want to make it clear that i do want coles on this team, but not for a long contract extension. Our WR core would be terrible, but this is the best time to get good value for him. He is aging, banged up and isn't worth the type of money and extension that he seems to want. He has always been after the bigger better deal and i don't think this is any exception. I love him, but i refuse to forget when he left us for the redskins for more money and badmouthed us in the papers. We will see i guess.

Comment

• You can remember how he left us for the Reskins, or you can look at all of the miraculous plays and catches he made for the Jets this season when the season was long gone. I'm not sure many other recievers would do that in the league. If he left we would quite possibly have the worst offense in the league along with a subpar defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information