Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jetsman309 View Post
    hey guys I don't know if some of you remember me but I was here a while ago and I start becoming more active around the draft time. I read the last 2 pages of this thread and just wanted to chime in on the whole coles situation. I think that we should take a look at stallworth when he will probably be released by the patriots and trade coles for a pick. I think that having cotchery #1 and stallworth #2 would be great for us.
    Stallworth might be nice as would Kelley Washington even though we'd be accused of copying the Patriots. The question you have to ask though is how much would they cost?

    Comment


    • The fact that the Patriots offered a contract to Zach Thomas proves that you can run a 34 with undersized LBs as long as the beef up front is substantial... Again...Championships are won in the trenches

      Ty Warren 6'5'' 300
      Vince Wilfork 6'2'' 325
      Richard Seymour 6'6 315

      If we can get some beef up front and as long as Vilma can be kept in check I want him on the team. Shaun Rogers in FA and Pat Sims in the 2nd Rd of the draft would do WONDERS....Thoughts.
      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

      Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

      Comment


      • Just looked at some news that we are interested in Asante Samuel. I remember last year we were also interested and we all thought it sounded good. what are your thoughts on getting him this year?

        http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl

        edit-link to where i saw it
        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

        PLAYERS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
        KELLEN CLEMENS QB #11
        BRAD SMITH WR #16
        DAVID HARRIS MLB #52
        DARRELLE REVIS CB #24

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jetsman309 View Post
          Just looked at some news that we are interested in Asante Samuel. I remember last year we were also interested and we all thought it sounded good. what are your thoughts on getting him this year?

          http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl

          edit-link to where i saw it



          This is how much its going to cost for the Jets to get Asante Samuel. Given that, I'd say I hope they don't sign him.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jetsman309 View Post
            hey guys I don't know if some of you remember me but I was here a while ago and I start becoming more active around the draft time. I read the last 2 pages of this thread and just wanted to chime in on the whole coles situation. I think that we should take a look at stallworth when he will probably be released by the patriots and trade coles for a pick. I think that having cotchery #1 and stallworth #2 would be great for us.
            samuel i think is a little overrated, but he is probably the best FA on the market at his position..but you are right, i wouldn't give up everything just for one player, we have a few more important holes i think on both sides of the line...as far as stallworth, he always seems to be hurt, and when he was successful, it was because guys were doubling welker and moss. cotchery isn't a #1, and if you were to compliment his speed, i would look at a guy like justin gage from tennessee or even berrian (who is also fast). the reasons why i like berrian so much is because he posted a lot of catches last year, had almost 1000 yards, and scored almost as much as coles. more importantly, he plays in cold weather, stays healthy, and caught from 3 different QBs last year, so he can adjust from, lets say, chad to clemens, or who ever our QB is next year. just a thought.
            "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gio View Post
              samuel i think is a little overrated, but he is probably the best FA on the market at his position..but you are right, i wouldn't give up everything just for one player, we have a few more important holes i think on both sides of the line...as far as stallworth, he always seems to be hurt, and when he was successful, it was because guys were doubling welker and moss. cotchery isn't a #1, and if you were to compliment his speed, i would look at a guy like justin gage from tennessee or even berrian (who is also fast). the reasons why i like berrian so much is because he posted a lot of catches last year, had almost 1000 yards, and scored almost as much as coles. more importantly, he plays in cold weather, stays healthy, and caught from 3 different QBs last year, so he can adjust from, lets say, chad to clemens, or who ever our QB is next year. just a thought.
              Stallworth was underutilized as a Patriot as was great in Philly when he was McNabb's only legitimate receiving option. I don't want the Jets to get Berrian, because I don't think he is as good as his numbers indicate and that he benefits from Rex "throw it up and pray" Grossman. As for Justin Gage, the Titans had the worst receiver group in the NFL. They couldn't catch and they were never open. Gage was their #1 guy by default. They simply didn't have anyone better and by better I mean less awful.

              Comment


              • If anyone is interested, NFL Total Access did an interview with D'Brickashaw.

                http://www.nfl.com/videos

                I don't know the direct link, but if you follow that one, it is on the bottom of the page.

                Comment


                • I didn't know frogstomp got banned, i was wondering what happened to a lot of the guys from a year ago.

                  Anyways, I think stallworth could be a great addition, but it all depends on how much he'll cost. He is only 27 and has all the ability in the world, but never could stay healthy prior to this year. He can stretch the field and is a legit deep threat, which opens up the underneath stuff for cotchery and hopefully stuckey this coming season.

                  I have been completely turned off from shaun rogers. He is too lazy and isn't someone you can rely on. I also don't think your usual space eater is exactly what mangini is looking for; he asked pouha too lose weight this past offseason and it seems he wants a DROb, but stouter at the point of attack. He wants someone to collapse the pocket, hold his ground and be able to shoot gaps when asked to. I admit that Rogers can do that if he wants to, but i just don't think he wants to.

                  I also am off the samuel bandwagon. He's going to command a nate clements type contract and i don't think he's worth it for this team. We have a #1 cb in the making and we've been playing more man to man this past year as opposed to zone. Samuel is a playmaker and ball hawk, but he is too undersized for my liking to constantly be playing man to man. I'm not saying he's bad at it, but i don't want to spend 9 or 10 million a year on a guy who's essentially going to be a #2 or #1b QB.

                  "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                    I have been completely turned off from shaun rogers. He is too lazy and isn't someone you can rely on. I also don't think your usual space eater is exactly what mangini is looking for; he asked pouha too lose weight this past offseason and it seems he wants a DROb, but stouter at the point of attack. He wants someone to collapse the pocket, hold his ground and be able to shoot gaps when asked to. I admit that Rogers can do that if he wants to, but i just don't think he wants to.
                    Here is what I'll say about Rogers. What you just read are the same things I read about Ted Washington before he became a Patriot. Thats why the Patriots got him for a fourth rounder. I don't think Rogers is a three down guy, but I'd rather have a dominant nose tackle for two downs than three downs of crap.

                    As for Mangini doesn't want a space eater and would rather have a DRob, well...... I have to wonder if what is trying to do will ever work. Yeah, there are good 3-4 defenses (not sure about the plural there, it may just be Dallas) without the space eating giganto nose tackle manning the middle, but not many.

                    Comment


                    • Yea, I agree with what Crickett said...those guys seem like products of their system to an extent.

                      I'd like to give Bryan Johnson a try as a big physics number 3 option, I think he can be very good there.

                      I also think this whole Cole's situation will determine a lot for us, I think we gotta see how that pans out before we decide if we wanna go for a number 1 WR or a number 2/3 WR.
                      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

                      Jets will not take McFadden...

                      Comment


                      • I can certainly see that cricket and i'm all with you if we can get him on the ceap, but i don't want to give up a high pick if he's gonna take plays off the entire year. If he can get into shape than he'd definately be an asset, but we'll have to see what's up.


                        nvot i tried giving ya some rep, but your thing is gone to give ya some. I know it doesn't have any baring on how you are as a poster, becuase we all know your good, but it's still a shi*ty thing to have. If you get your thing back we'll try to get ya in the green. (also, what ever happened to frogstomp, howd he get banned??)

                        I do like Bryant johnson a lot and i think he has the potential to be a good #2 and possibly #1; he has all the tools you look for, but was constantly overshadowed by fitzy and boldin. I also wouldn't mind bringing ernest wilford in for a look, he'd be a good red zone threat who's a tough reciever and can make plays after the catch.
                        Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 02-19-2008, 07:50 PM.

                        "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                        Comment


                        • He was negative repped by a mod or admin, which incase you didn't know rep wise, is like the wrath of a 1,000 suns.

                          When I last talked to frogstomp, he told me he was banned because, his exact quote was "Hating DChess is against the rues". To bad, he was a really big contributer to the forum.

                          Comment


                          • Yaa, I just read about it on the other forum, pretty rough.

                            And about frogstomp, that's also terrible. I remember disagreeing with him about a number of things, but he was always a great contributer and we need more jets fans like that.

                            "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                            Comment


                            • I think Stallworth is a bit overrated, and especially for whatever he'll be asking. I don't know, I'm not a big fan. I still think we need bigger receivers, either physical enough or able to out-jump DBs enough to be dependable options in a more intermediate passing game. Bryant Johnson would not be a bad idea in my mind. I'm not sure what's happening with Crayton, but I don't think he'd be bad either. And of course, the draft is loaded with bigger receivers, so even if we took a guy in the 4th, 5th, even 6th round, I think we could potentially get a steal provided he has the potential.
                              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                              Comment


                              • In general, especially during the 2006 draft, while many of this did not agree on anything really lol, there were a LOT more people active on the Jets forum throughout the season. Once FA and the draft is in full swing though, I think it will get a more lively in these areas.

                                I don't know if you remember any of these guys or if they were before you were here but there was MyLostIntention, JetsFan3, Frogstomp, WildDude, just off the top of my head, all contributed a lot.

                                However, we have gained a lot of really strong posters as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information