X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    For the Jets sake, I hope you're right.
    Me too man, me too. I am not sure where guys like Dre Moore and Red Bryant are projected to go, my guess is high 2nd and high 3rd, but if there's a possiblity to come away with gholston and a solid 34 DE to take over from Ellis, than we could have drastically imrpoved our pass rush in one draft. The key to a great pass rush in a 34 is obviously a great pass rushing OLB, but having a 34 DE who can collapse the pocket and occupy two blockers just makes the OLB that much better.

Just a little reference I thought was halarious and saddening at the same time...I was watching house and he was talking about a pointless endeavor and he said the following, which made me die laughing than get painfully depressed haha "But when you're fourth down and a hundred to go, in the snow, you don't call a running play up the middle unless you're the Jets."

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• My hope is that beyond Matt Ryan, this QB class will look so pathetic that someone will want to throw a 2nd rounder our way for Pennington, then we could potentially take Cherilus and Moore in the 2nd with Gholston in the 1st, all the while picking up Shaun Rogers somehow. If that happened, I might just have to fly to New York to shake the hand of every member of our FO.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
        Gholston would be the perfect pick. This is how I hope the draft works out.

Miami - Chris Long
        St. Louis - Glenn Dorsey
        Oakland - Sedrick Ellis (so we're not tempted)
        Atlanta - Matt Ryan
        Kansas City - Jake Long
        Jets - Vernon Gholston

That'd be so nice for us.
        If that were the case we would be tempted by Darren McFadden not to take him but to trade down to Dallas as Jerry Jones (an Arkansas alum) loves McFadden. I would love that situation for the Jets but I would not like the pick given the situation. I would love to drop down to 22 and 28 and draft

1a) Limas Sweed WR
        1b) Branden Albert LG
        2) Gosder Cherilus RT
        3) Dre Moore DE
        4)Tommy Blake OLB
        5) Darnell Terrell CB
        6) Bernard Morris QB

For those advocating taking Aythba Rubin...I really don't see how he could be better after playing at Iowa State than a Sione Pouha or Robertson if he's back or a 340 lb keith traylor at 39. We could also trade for Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers who have legitimate success in the NFL. Also if we draft a NT this year it would prevent us from drafting a NT next season for the future despite using one from the NFL this season...

That said unless we get McFadden to fall to us we will not get offers from other teams to trade up. Still Im not a huge advocate of drafting a NT I thought Sedrick Ellis had potential but Ive seen his style of playa nd we would be wasting talent.

List of NTs for 2009 draft
        -Terrance Taylor: 6'0'' 315 (Michigan)
        -Myron Pryor: 6'0'' 310 (Kentucky)
        -B.J. Raji: 6'2'' 340 (BC)
        -Antonio Dixon: 6'3'' 340 (Miami)

List of DEs for 2009 draft
        Tyson Jackson: 6'5'' 295 (LSU)
        Fili Moala: 6'5'' 300 (USC)
        Jeff Owens: 6'3'' 295 (Georgia)
        Demonte Bolden: 6'6'' 295 (Tennessee)
        Pannel Egboh: 6'6'' 290 (Stanford)

Ultimately my point is next season there are 34 DL prospects coming out that could fortify our future and theyre are all from big schools and will play great competition. Im not saying forfeit this season but Im saying we can be competetive without forcing something at a position we can get a short term solution or long term and then have great options for the future. But if we should try to draft sub par prospects in terms of the grand scheme then the argument comes up well we drafted a NT last year or a DE last year (which I think we should do 2 years in a row very little depth to speak of for future) and now were going to draft another one, are we admitting last year was a failed experiment. I want the best franchise for a long time. and we need to invest in this draft in OL and some DL and whatever we favor in this draft we should favor the other in the next. Id love to combine som key FA signings but with good sources telling me Fanecas gonna be Cheif and other OL are B prospects in one way or another well I like to look to the draft and a young but discplined and huge/physical team.
        Last edited by hcbrad08; 02-20-2008, 01:25 AM.
        QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• If we traded down to get that, I'd probably cry.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Well Boys, we are one more day closer to figuring out who we will be selecting. I don't care that i have a nephrology exam today, the combine starts!! Here's to hoping when the day for DEs come that Chris long puts up fantastic numbers so the fins have to take him and gholston falls to us! hah

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Ha!

I have a HUGE Shakespeare test tomorrow and I really don't know what to expect. Damn this site......

Comment

• I have absolutely no exams today. I have seven in them month of March (including the last day of February). Hooray.

Comment

• I had an Econ exam on Monday and I'm fairly sure I bombed that, so hooray for caring more about this site and the draft.

It's funny though. Living in Seattle all those years, I hated the Rams, even before the Seahawks happened to be in their conference. Just nothing to like about them. And here they are again. Just can't get away from them. If the Dolphins take Gholston, I'll be moderately pissed. If the Raiders do, I'll just curse at the sky and yell, "WHY GOD WHY?!?!?!" If the Rams take him or the Pats trade up to take him, I'll probably kill someone on campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                    Ha!

I have a HUGE Shakespeare test tomorrow and I really don't know what to expect. Damn this site......
                    Haha that's aweful, mine deals with the function and diseases of the kidney, and I would bet good money that's easier to understand than shakespeare. That's why i majored in bio/biochem, because when my books say something that's what it means, when your book says something, there's what.. 5 different meanings for each sentence?? Good luck bro.

Anyywayss..speaking of the combine, does anyone know who tests tommorrow?? Isn't it generally Dlineman for a couple days, than Olineman another couple days, or do they run everyone together??

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                      I had an Econ exam on Monday and I'm fairly sure I bombed that, so hooray for caring more about this site and the draft.

It's funny though. Living in Seattle all those years, I hated the Rams, even before the Seahawks happened to be in their conference. Just nothing to like about them. And here they are again. Just can't get away from them. If the Dolphins take Gholston, I'll be moderately pissed. If the Raiders do, I'll just curse at the sky and yell, "WHY GOD WHY?!?!?!" If the Rams take him or the Pats trade up to take him, I'll probably kill someone on campus.
                      Haha me too, and i'm going to school to help people live...go figure right?

I can just see us gettin gholston, him turning into a super sack machine and injurs brady, much to the delight of jets fans across the country, however matt cassel turns out to be better than brady and curse our franchise again. Seriously though, would it kill them to draft a bust??

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                        I had an Econ exam on Monday and I'm fairly sure I bombed that, so hooray for caring more about this site and the draft.

Given the events of the past year, I'd ask that you please not joke about that.

Comment

• THETEDDGINNSHOW why would you cry?

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

Comment

• Added this to my last post dont think anyone saw it...
                            For those advocating taking Aythba Rubin...I really don't see how he could be better after playing at Iowa State than a Sione Pouha or Robertson if he's back or a 340 lb keith traylor at 39. We could also trade for Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers who have legitimate success in the NFL. Also if we draft a NT this year it would prevent us from drafting a NT next season for the future despite using one from the NFL this season...

That said unless we get McFadden to fall to us we will not get offers from other teams to trade up. Still Im not a huge advocate of drafting a NT I thought Sedrick Ellis had potential but Ive seen his style of playa nd we would be wasting talent.

List of NTs for 2009 draft
                            -Terrance Taylor: 6'0'' 315 (Michigan)
                            -Myron Pryor: 6'0'' 310 (Kentucky)
                            -B.J. Raji: 6'2'' 340 (BC)
                            -Antonio Dixon: 6'3'' 340 (Miami)

List of DEs for 2009 draft
                            Tyson Jackson: 6'5'' 295 (LSU)
                            Fili Moala: 6'5'' 300 (USC)
                            Jeff Owens: 6'3'' 295 (Georgia)
                            Demonte Bolden: 6'6'' 295 (Tennessee)
                            Pannel Egboh: 6'6'' 290 (Stanford)

Ultimately my point is next season there are 34 DL prospects coming out that could fortify our future and theyre are all from big schools and will play great competition. Im not saying forfeit this season but Im saying we can be competetive without forcing something at a position we can get a short term solution or long term and then have great options for the future. But if we should try to draft sub par prospects in terms of the grand scheme then the argument comes up well we drafted a NT last year or a DE last year (which I think for DE we should do 2 years in a row very little depth to speak of for future) and now were going to draft another one, are we admitting last year was a failed experiment. I want the best franchise for a long time. and we need to invest in this draft in OL and some DL and whatever we favor in this draft we should favor the other in the next. Id love to combine som key FA signings but with good sources telling me Fanecas gonna be Cheif and other OL are B prospects in one way or another well I like to look to the draft and a young but discplined and huge/physical team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              Given the events of the past year, I'd ask that you please not joke about that.
                              Fair enough. I'll angrily punch someone on campus in delicate areas.

And as for why I would cry, if we traded down for Sweed and Albert, while nice prospects, that would be an absolute waste.

In other news, we should all hope than Clady tests well, because if he does, he could easily be KC's pick, which could potentially allow Jake Long to fall to us. Granted, none of you seem to be quite as alright with taking an OT at this point in the draft as I am, but eh. In the event we can't trade down and Gholston is in fact gone along with Ellis (that I'm not really all that high on in the first place for us) and Chris Long, I'd much rather draft Jake Long than the alternative, whether that be Run DMC, Derrick Harvey, or whomever else.

Well... for now at least. If Merling reminds me enough of Richard Seymour from now until draft day, there might just be a change of heart.

Comment

• Although Scott was really ragging on the Jets for winning that last game, I don't think it will effect us. His reasoning was mainly that we would miss out on McFadden ( although he mentioned both Longs). However realistically, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the three were still there, not that I am advocating picking any of them.

I feel confident in our ability to have a good draft. I am not that worried. I am anxious to see what the Jets do in FA though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information