This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
    And as for why I would cry, if we traded down for Sweed and Albert, while nice prospects, that would be an absolute waste.
    I guess I just don't see how getting a 6'5'' WR who jumps out of the gym and represents all that is lacking in our offense esp. the red zone and the best LG prospect (2 of our biggest needs) is a waste when drafting at 6 would really define waste as we would be taking BPA waaay outside of our needs or reaching for a good but not elite prospect, which is the main reason why a lot of teams like to trade out of the 6 7 and 8 picks.

I just want to know why you think its a waste not that it is a waste you mentioned that but why or how it falls under such a designation?
    Last edited by hcbrad08; 02-20-2008, 01:09 AM.
    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• i wouldnt mind getting sweed if it meant that we traded down and got rid of coles, vilma, or robertson for more picks/players. there is also a lot of talk that we are taking mckelvin at 6..i wouldnt mind that - we would save $$ trying to get samuel and put the cash toward someone else.
      "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• We signed Artrell Hawkins yesterday from the pats. I think we may be starting to copy them. Does anybody know anything about Hawkins? Where will he fit on our depth chart?
        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

PLAYERS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
        KELLEN CLEMENS QB #11
        BRAD SMITH WR #16
        DAVID HARRIS MLB #52
        DARRELLE REVIS CB #24

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
          i wouldnt mind getting sweed if it meant that we traded down and got rid of coles, vilma, or robertson for more picks/players. there is also a lot of talk that we are taking mckelvin at 6..i wouldnt mind that - we would save $$ trying to get samuel and put the cash toward someone else.
          I would. I'm not convinced Sweed is all that and I don't see why the Jets should get rid of their best receiver in favor of an unproven who will require an additional investment beyond what the Jets get for Coles. I don't see the point in filling a lesser need (WR) when it means opening up a bigger one (ILB). And I really hope the Jets don't spend the #6 overall pick on a #2 cornerback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            I would. I'm not convinced Sweed is all that and I don't see why the Jets should get rid of their best receiver in favor of an unproven who will require an additional investment beyond what the Jets get for Coles. I don't see the point in filling a lesser need (WR) when it means opening up a bigger one (ILB). And I really hope the Jets don't spend the #6 overall pick on a #2 cornerback.
            im not saying picking up a rookie to replace an above average player is the answer to anything; i'm just preparing for the worst in the event that LC wants to hold out or be traded. as for picking a corner at #6, that would be if gholston or ellis is no longer available, and/or samuel is off the FA market. all i know is we have bad luck picking up players who were great on other teams, then s**t the bed or get injured when they came over to the jets (mccareins, boomer, o'donnell, casillas, the list could go on forever). the only player i know of that had a positive impact on the jets in the last decade is curtis martin.

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
              I guess I just don't see how getting a 6'5'' WR who jumps out of the gym and represents all that is lacking in our offense esp. the red zone and the best LG prospect (2 of our biggest needs) is a waste when drafting at 6 would really define waste as we would be taking BPA waaay outside of our needs or reaching for a good but not elite prospect, which is the main reason why a lot of teams like to trade out of the 6 7 and 8 picks.

I just want to know why you think its a waste not that it is a waste you mentioned that but why or how it falls under such a designation?
              Because while a large receiver is a need, it's certainly not one of our biggest needs. I could name five other positions I'd rather be addressed first. And plus, I think Sweed is overrated. Personally, one of the few places I think he could actually succeed is with the Titans simply because of that connection with Young. And personally, I think we need a physical receiver, more so than just some tall guy. And to be quite honest, I'd almost undoubtedly expect Cherilus to go before Albert. And unless he doesn't do well at the combine (and then he might not be worth taking, since so much of his stock is based on his athleticism), there's virtually no way Moore lasts until the 3rd. If we were to trade down, we'd better be addressing the line (either side) and/or OLB with those picks.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Ryan Lilja is apparently off the market. I'm not too upset. I look at him like Rick DeMulling as a product of the Colts sytem.

Comment

• Anyone see the cover of ESPN today?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                    Anyone see the cover of ESPN today?
                    Yeah. They're right beyond the part about us having to bring in a young QB. Or at least I don't think we have to anyway.

That was a big blow to our FA OL help when Andrews got franchised though. Hopefully we'll start to bring guys in fairly soon.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                      Ryan Lilja is apparently off the market. I'm not too upset. I look at him like Rick DeMulling as a product of the Colts sytem.
                      I'm not upset at all either. I like lilja, but as cliche as it might sound, i want some size at our LG. I would bet good money that Dbrick weighs in under 300 lbs towards the end of the season and I wouldn't doubt that lilja did as well, i don't like the idea of two less than 300 pounders on the blind side of our quarterback.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                        Yeah. They're right beyond the part about us having to bring in a young QB. Or at least I don't think we have to anyway.

That was a big blow to our FA OL help when Andrews got franchised though. Hopefully we'll start to bring guys in fairly soon.
                        i would at least want some insurance for clemens, though..even if it is an older vet - not tui..

Comment

• Looks like Chris Sims will be available. I like him as a backup a lot. I would not mind signing Chris Redman either. Both are formittable backups and I think better than they get credit for, when playing both had some success as well as consistency and the team around them was simply not great. that said im not saying theyll be the starter or franchise QB we've been looking for but theyrre an upgrade over TUI and will compete with Clemens in a good and realistic way as opposed to saying competition breeds better players and have Tui a def 3rd string in camp you have a good number 2 and a guy who could take yoou job if you slack. Also wouldn't mind Todd Collins as a vet QB but at the same time I think Redskins will keep him.

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

Comment

• If Jason Ferguson gets cut by the Cowboys, you guys should give him serious consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              If Jason Ferguson gets cut by the Cowboys, you guys should give him serious consideration.
                              I don't think our FO would give him that much of a look. I personally felt Grady Jackson deserved a shot and it didn't seem as if our FO gave it any thought. Also, for as bad as drob seems, his play is certainly magnified by ellis' poor play and some games he actually plays well. I havn't seen ferguson play much as of late, but if he can be an upgrade over pouha than by all means we should take a look.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Parcells once said of Ferguson to the Dallas Press...I brought him from NY because he knows how to play the NT position. I don't care if you think he's undersized I know how to use him and it's at NT. He'll be a big part of this Cowboy Defense.

Considering Tannenbaum and Mangini seem to act at times like Parcells (and seek his advice about players ie. Kenyon Coleman) I think Ferguson could be brought in for an audition and given a chance to be a stop gap 2 down player. He's 33 and coming off of tearing both his biceps so his effectiveness has to be in question but a guy who knows the position seems like someone we should tryout at least. We'll see I agree with Joe I thought JAckson would have been a good NT but Tangini didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information