Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
    I don't think our FO would give him that much of a look. I personally felt Grady Jackson deserved a shot and it didn't seem as if our FO gave it any thought. Also, for as bad as drob seems, his play is certainly magnified by ellis' poor play and some games he actually plays well. I havn't seen ferguson play much as of late, but if he can be an upgrade over pouha than by all means we should take a look.
    jackson is an attacking DT, even though he's big. he doesn't fit the scheme.

    i will discuss it all with you guys once the combine numbers come out and i have some free time on my hands. our PM discussion will be included in it all.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      jackson is an attacking DT, even though he's big. he doesn't fit the scheme.

      i will discuss it all with you guys once the combine numbers come out and i have some free time on my hands. our PM discussion will be included in it all.
      I always thought that mangini wanted an attacking DT, which was why i thought he asked pouha to lose some weight in the offseason. I could be completely off and mangini truly wants a NT to just eat space and pouha was just outta shape, but he kept talking about Drob being a revolutionary type of NT who can occupy blockers (which he can't do too well) and shoot the gap. It also could have been a nice way of saying he isn't at all what i'm looking for, but he's here and we're going to use him.

      Definately lookin forward to the conversation, because you're always able to give us the best direction you see our defense moving in and post combine will shake out a lot of things.

      "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
        Looks like Chris Sims will be available. I like him as a backup a lot. I would not mind signing Chris Redman either. Both are formittable backups and I think better than they get credit for, when playing both had some success as well as consistency and the team around them was simply not great. that said im not saying theyll be the starter or franchise QB we've been looking for but theyrre an upgrade over TUI and will compete with Clemens in a good and realistic way as opposed to saying competition breeds better players and have Tui a def 3rd string in camp you have a good number 2 and a guy who could take yoou job if you slack. Also wouldn't mind Todd Collins as a vet QB but at the same time I think Redskins will keep him.
        if we would get chris sims, i would START him, not use him as a #2..i think he fits in with that whole "run first, pass second" gameplan, and i would like to see alot more of that for 08 with thomas jones..alot of people are saying TJ is overrated, but in a few situations last year he was barely used in the 2nd half, and the Oline sucked..anyway, sims has a decent arm and has a game under his belt in the playoffs, even though it was a loss. but the question is will chad be here, and alot of fans want him on the roster, especially if the only qbs some fans know are vinny and chad...chad is like that girlfriend everyone has had- the one that would do anything for you, the family loves her, but she isnt that hot and it would be hard as hell to break up with her but you know you have to get rid of her...lol...idk...maybe my analogy sucks but you get my point.
        "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gio View Post
          if we would get chris sims, i would START him, not use him as a #2..i think he fits in with that whole "run first, pass second" gameplan, and i would like to see alot more of that for 08 with thomas jones..alot of people are saying TJ is overrated, but in a few situations last year he was barely used in the 2nd half, and the Oline sucked..anyway, sims has a decent arm and has a game under his belt in the playoffs, even though it was a loss. but the question is will chad be here, and alot of fans want him on the roster, especially if the only qbs some fans know are vinny and chad...chad is like that girlfriend everyone has had- the one that would do anything for you, the family loves her, but she isnt that hot and it would be hard as hell to break up with her but you know you have to get rid of her...lol...idk...maybe my analogy sucks but you get my point.

          Depending on the price, I wouldn't mind if the Jets (or the Giants) signed Chris Simms. I feel he is a player who has received heaps of undue criticism since he got into the league. If the Jets did did sign Simms, well, may the best man win (the starting QB job). People forget that Phil didn't exactly light the league on fire his first few years.

          Although to be truthful, I'd much rather see Chris Simms on the Giants for obvious reasons.

          Comment


          • Chris Simms to the Jets would be a good idea. He has the arm strength to go down field, but does pretty well with the short passes. I think he would really develop if we get a better offensive line in front of him and TJ and Washington can carry the offense. Him to Cotchery could have some chemistry together...
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TimDris View Post
              Chris Simms to the Jets would be a good idea. He has the arm strength to go down field, but does pretty well with the short passes. I think he would really develop if we get a better offensive line in front of him and TJ and Washington can carry the offense. Him to Cotchery could have some chemistry together...
              what other teams would be interested in sims? the only one i see right now is miami because i can't see them spending a 1st rounder on a QB, and plus sims is in florida already, it would be a smooth transition to drive a few hours south. i know there are other teams who need a QB, but an opportunity to play in his own backyard would be a bigger benefit. how much do you think he would demand?
              "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

              Comment


              • Jets hire a Special Teams coach

                Jets finally hired a replacement for Westhoff, which I believe will be our biggest loss in several years


                http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...ms-coordinator
                J. MESS

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                  Jets finally hired a replacement for Westhoff, which I believe will be our biggest loss in several years


                  http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...ms-coordinator
                  Too bad he couldn't have brought hester with him. He seemed like he was a big part of the success in chicago, but i've also read that his ST struggled heavily out in 'zona i beleive it was in '04 and '05 or something around that time.

                  I just hope he can keep it respectable, because he's taking the place of arguably the best special teams coach in the league.

                  "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                  Comment


                  • http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo..._fly_away.html

                    big news...vilma has been given permission to shop himself for a trade
                    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

                    Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

                    http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


                    http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                      http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo..._fly_away.html

                      big news...vilma has been given permission to shop himself for a trade
                      Big news? Yes.
                      Good news? No.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        Big news? Yes.
                        Good news? No.
                        I think it's amazing news personally. We aren't going to get an elite NT and DE this year, which is the only way vilma could be succesfull in this scheme. If he struggled for 1 more year with us, why would he resign with us instead of enter free agency and get bigger money. There are a lot of potential teams, but I think the jaguars may emerge as the favorite; they have the massive dtackles as well as vilma's old DC donnie henderson. Plus it's in his home state. I will always like vilma and hope he suceeds wherever he goes, outside of the AFC east of course.

                        "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                        Comment


                        • I don;t know if Jacksonville is a given bc i read this morning that shaun rogers is seriously going to be traded and 5 or 6 teams including the jets are in the mix....considering the jets inactivity in trades in the past (excluding last year) i find it hard to believe they would trade vilma and then trade for rogers. we'll see i hope we get him hes a beast.
                          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

                          Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

                          http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


                          http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

                          Comment


                          • I wouldn't mind getting rogers, but it seems as though the broncos are the favorites as of now, but i have no idea. I havn't heard that the jets were interested, but that would be good news.

                            I also heard that the jets interviewed and were very interested in james hardy. http://www.jetscentral.com/?p=992

                            I'm not sure even if he's there with our top 2nd that we pull the trigger, but he sure would be a great addition, especially in the red zone.

                            "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                              I wouldn't mind getting rogers, but it seems as though the broncos are the favorites as of now, but i have no idea. I havn't heard that the jets were interested, but that would be good news.

                              I also heard that the jets interviewed and were very interested in james hardy. http://www.jetscentral.com/?p=992

                              I'm not sure even if he's there with our top 2nd that we pull the trigger, but he sure would be a great addition, especially in the red zone.
                              it's a shame because i think vilma is a classy guy and a great player, but it had to be done..now is the time if we want anything for him.
                              "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                                I wouldn't mind getting rogers, but it seems as though the broncos are the favorites as of now, but i have no idea. I havn't heard that the jets were interested, but that would be good news.

                                I also heard that the jets interviewed and were very interested in james hardy. http://www.jetscentral.com/?p=992

                                I'm not sure even if he's there with our top 2nd that we pull the trigger, but he sure would be a great addition, especially in the red zone.
                                Can he do a swanton? Twist of Fate? No? Then I'm not interested in the Jets drafting him.

                                Seriously though, it would be interesting to see the Jets draft him. He's very.... very tall, but can someone tell me his vertical? However, this makes me worried that this means that they're not going to address one of these three things in day one of the draft.

                                OL
                                DL
                                pass rusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information