This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    Can he do a swanton? Twist of Fate? No? Then I'm not interested in the Jets drafting him.

Seriously though, it would be interesting to see the Jets draft him. He's very.... very tall, but can someone tell me his vertical? However, this makes me worried that this means that they're not going to address one of these three things in day one of the draft.

OL
    DL
    pass rusher
    I have no idea what a swanton is, nor interested to find out, but if he's bpa than i don't see the problem. We can address pass rusher or dline with our first and we still have 6 picks to shore up the other positions. We don't need to address oline with only our 2nd round pick, there are very solid players to have in the 3rd and lower. ALthough, if oline is bpa at our high 2nd than by all means, but i don't want to give up the opportunity for a great player (who can be anyone not just hardy) just because he isn't oline or dline. Once a week or so goes by and free agency starts, I'm sure we'll be able to tell what direction we'll be going in.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• "Swanton" and "Twist of Fate" are in reference to Jeff Hardy, a wrestler.

In any case, if we get Gholston, I'm not sure I terribly care all too much about how the rest of the draft goes. Yeah, we all have our perfect scenario, but with Gholston, I'm already pretty content with the draft. Granted, I view Hardy as the best WR in the class and, if given a real QB, would have put up ridiculous numbers at Indiana. If he adds on about ten lbs. he could be a monster, IMO. I view him very highly though, so I don't know. I definitely wouldn't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't be terribly pleased if someone such as Cherilus was on the board at the time (unless he developed into a Pro-Bowler).
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• As i'm sure we've all heard the rumors that the jets are allowing vilma to shop himself, the recent news that marinelli is "interested" in Vilma and the jets are among the teams interested in Rogers. Well, I just found something else extremely interesting, which could tie it all together.

per Draft Daddy:

N.F.L. Combine News/Rumor Mill, Directly From Indy [Part Six B]:
        "Additionally, there were some rumors in Indy about Jacksonville and the New York Jets talking about a Dwayne Robertson for Mike Peterson swap."

If the jets have any interest at all in shopping Drob than they must either be going after Rogers hard or be extremely secure with Pouha and Mosley as our starters. As much as i like both Pouha and MOsley and beleive they made some strides last year, i don't think they are satisfied with those two as the starters. I also do not like a straight up peterson for drob swap, but if we are going to get rogers, than trading drob frees up a whole lot of cap space. These are all just rumors, but it seems like something might happen considering our team has been named in many many rumors. I'm not saying anything is a sure thing, but it seems like we could be instore for an interesting offseason.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Mike Peterson? That seems like sort of an odd one. I'm not sure we necessarily win there unless he would work in our 3-4. If we were to rid ourselves of Vilma though, with his talent, if he were to come back healthy, Peterson could be a solid veteran addition. But in any case...

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_en...fseason_moves/

Will the Shaun Rogers for Jonathan Vilma deal really go down?

I have it on reliable sources that this deal very nearly happened last summer, but Lions' management didn’t want to give up on Rogers just yet. They’re more than ready now, and Vilma finds himself in the same status with the Jets. This deal makes far too much sense on all sides for it to actually happen; both Rogers and Vilma are highly talented young players misfit with their current teams and schemes, with acrimony and questions about injuries and dedication floating around them. The Jets desperately need Rogers’ active bulk to anchor their 3-4 DL while the Lions sorely need Vilma’s quickness and ability to operate in space in their LB corps. I put the odds on this particular deal at about 30% although it is a certainty neither Rogers nor Vilma will be back in their former locker rooms in 2008.
          As they said, it makes too much sense not to happen. I feel like at this point, we should be getting something along with Rogers to even it out, but I'll take him regardless.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
            Mike Peterson? That seems like sort of an odd one. I'm not sure we necessarily win there unless he would work in our 3-4. If we were to rid ourselves of Vilma though, with his talent, if he were to come back healthy, Peterson could be a solid veteran addition. But in any case...
            It's seems more like sort of an odd one for the Jacksonville, considering that the strength of their defense is defensive tackle and DeWayne Robertson is making a bajillion dollars.

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
            As they said, it makes too much sense not to happen.
            Which is why it won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              It's seems more like sort of an odd one for the Jacksonville, considering that the strength of their defense is defensive tackle and DeWayne Robertson is making a bajillion dollars.
              I didn't think of it from their end, but that's sort of true. Granted, he's several years younger than them and could potentially be a much better player in the 4-3 that I could see them seeing something in. Stroud and/or Henderson are getting up there and are hurt so often that it's rare seeing them both on the field and at full strength. And, it could give them the option of trading one, maybe running some of the 5-2, or at the very least having another DT to sub in so as to keep those guys going longer. I'm sure Del Rio sees the D-Line as the most important aspect of that defense and he probably wants to bolster it, seeing linebacker as more of an expendable position. Who knows. I wouldn't rule it out though.

Which is why it won't.
              Blasphemy. Millen needs radical changes and the new-age Jets FO are doing big things. It HAS to happen!

Comment

• It does make far too much sense and we are both fairly snake bitten franchises, so it seems like it won't happen.

As for jax; i read, i beleive on draft daddy but not sure, that stroud was on the outs and could be shopped or something along those lines. So if that is true, than it makes some sense.

I'm not exactly sure how well peterson would fit as an ILB, but he has missed most of the last two seasons with injuries so he doesn't have the same wear and tear as most 31 year old lbs. The best thing about a drob trade would be getting rid of his enormous bloated contract.

Comment

• So the Jets are shopping Robertson...interesting. I'd rather have him than Rogers personally. What are your opinions of him being in a 4-3 scheme?

Comment

• http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...802230423/1004

in the article marianelli calls vilma one heck of a player and it seems like theres a chance he goes to the lions. My question is that after reading about the Jets interest in NT Rubin, if they trade Vilma for a pick or for NT Rogers. I don't know what will happen but I can only see good things from getting another pick or by addressing one of our needs with one of the best players in the league. Expect big things to happen after the FEB 29th FA startup point. The Jets will probably be active with one FA and then deal Vilma to set up a clear list of needs for the draft.

Oh BTW: The Jets told Vilma he could seek a trade with 30 teams the one team missing from that list. THE NE PATRIOTS. I love the bitterness between these two franchises.

Also rumors are stirring (according to an article yesterday in the NY DAILY NEWS) that the Patriots brought in the Jacksonville Jaguars coach Dom Capers...Capers was a leading candidate before Belichick was hired and was said to have developed a repor with Bob Kraft. The rumors surfacing is that Capers was brought in as an assistant/ emergency head coach should Belichick be suspended for a long period of time for future evidence that comes out about spygate. Personally that seems too good to be true but is welcomed news/rumor.
                    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by rascal View Post
                      So the Jets are shopping Robertson...interesting. I'd rather have him than Rogers personally. What are your opinions of him being in a 4-3 scheme?
                      He didn't have a choice in that matter. I think Rogers can succeed in the 3-4. He has the size, he has the strength and while there are concerns with his physical conditioning and laziness, the same was true about Ted Washington circa his time with the Chicago Bears.

Comment

• personally i would rather see a vilma-roy williams trade instead of a vilma-rogers trade..it just seems like the whole coles situation is still very fragile.
                        "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• That's true, but our defense desperately lacks a nose tackle of rogers' caliber. The impact he would have would outweigh the impact williams would have, but ya never know. It also seems apparent that the jets are shopping drob, which means that they are either very secure with pouha and moseley or are planning on getting rogers or someone to take drobs place.

Comment

• Sorry for the double post: looks like the rocky mountain news is reporting that the broncos are close to a deal for shaun rogers.

"The Rocky Mountain News reports that the Lions are close to agreeing to trade DT Shaun Rogers to Denver. A deal couldn't be official until Friday.
                            The terms are unclear, but this is typical high-risk, high-reward Mike Shanahan move. We think it's worth it. Rogers' effort and conditioning are suspect, but he's a Pro Bowl quality defensive tackle in his prime. Denver is desperate for some help upfront and Rogers is a quick fix. Its uncertain if he'll get new money as part of the deal. Feb. 25 - 6:15 pm et"
                            Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 02-25-2008, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Well that's too bad. I think Roy is out of our grasp, but maybe we can get someone else.

As for the draft, I'm not quite sure. Because of what I've read about Al Davis's past history, it seems as though Gholston might be a strong possibility. He fits the mold of the athletic freak, and he also wants someone that can rush the passer from the edge. Hopefully he falls in love with Sedrick Ellis or something. But as it stands, it looks as though there are three teams ahead of us in the hunt for Gholston, though Chris Long's performance, in my mind, almost certainly makes him a lock for the Dolphins.

Comment

• According to Real GM we are supposed to make a huge run at alan faneca as soon as free agency begins
                                J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

PLAYERS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
                                KELLEN CLEMENS QB #11
                                BRAD SMITH WR #16
                                DAVID HARRIS MLB #52
                                DARRELLE REVIS CB #24

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information