Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll take a 3-4 year deal on Faneca for 20 Million any day...
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Well, it's 20 million guaranteed. The actual contract probably is somewhere in the 30-45 million range, if they say it's a monster deal.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• What scenario would there be, were you guys would like the selection of Darren McFadden? Honestly, it's very hard not to like the pick because he HAS THE CHANCE to be such a special player (regardless of people who think he'll bust) but as much as you can be disappointed in the pick is as much as I'd be, I see it more and more now with his impressive combine, but I'd be pretty bummed if the Jets took him...not pissed because as mentioned he can be dynamic, but just bummed and the situation...

Comment

• If the two Long's and Gholston were off the board, I'd somewhat welcome the pick. But at that point, I wouldn't understand why we wouldn't trade the pick for Dallas's two firsts. As special as he could potentially be, I'd much rather have the option of drafting two players that could help this franchise succeed, not to mention paying a significantly lesser amount of money. With his combine though, I think he's locked himself to be a top five selection, regardless of how it happens. At #6, we're in a tough bind no matter what it'd seem, despite how many people there were praising the position earlier on in the off-season.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• mcfadden sounded great until i woke up in a cold sweat...i was having a nightmare about blair thomas. i would be disappointed.
            "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• mcfadden sounded great until i woke up in a cold sweat...i was having a nightmare about blair thomas. i would be disappointed.
              "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• If the rumors for faneca are true i'm pretty sure i dont mind. It allows us to draft RT this year and hold off drafting OG until next year; this person could compete for time with moore and eventually be faneca's replacement. At 31/32 he has 3-4 years of very solid play left in him.

However, i don't beleive it's true. If i'm correct, wasn't he born in louisiana and went to LSU? He played for the steelers his whole life, so what is a paper in wine-country california reporting it? I heard someone say that it's because that's where his agent lives, but i dunno if i buy it.

Basset brought up a good point in his article when he said that Rosenhaus was quoted as saying 10 million in guarnteed money for faneca was a good deal. So if rosenhaus thinks 10 mill is a good deal than i will bet your as$ so does every other agent; than why would the jets pay two times the market value?? The deal could be true, but i would hold off on the assumption that it's for 20 mill guaranteed.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Vilma worked out with the lions and had an interview...The broncos are also asking about him...I think if anything it adds validity to the Lions Broncos Jets trade bc all three teams seem to be focusing on the same positions (dt lb GETTING RID OF OR GETTING )and players (Vilma Rogers Robertson and the like)

I like the prospects andalso about the Faneca deal... I think he'll get Steve Hutch $ and get 3-4 years at 6.5-7 per year and the guarantees will be around 10-13. 20 mill in guarantees is what we might have to give the #6 pick dont expect us to do it twice

great articles

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...690.xml&coll=1

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../80227076/1049
                  Last edited by hcbrad08; 02-28-2008, 02:48 AM.
                  QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Well as for what the Lions' interest says about all of this as well as the Broncos, I doubt it means much. He was also just in New Orleans, so all the teams that people thought would be interested are.

Jenkins is very interesting though. It's funny because a few weeks earlier in a forum mock thing I traded for him. Haha. Anyway, I'd much rather have Jenkins, to be honest. I assume we'd have to give up more, but I wouldn't mind. As great as Rogers is, I think Jenkins is much more coachable and honestly, I could see him being willing to accept the role much more willingly. I'll definitely take either though.

Comment

• Yea, I have heard that about Jenkins...I'll take him ANYDAY over Rogers. Vilma for Rogers kinda sickens me actually...I'd actually even rather Sedrick Ellis at 6th overall rather than trade for Shaun Rogers....I don't care how good he is, he has no business in the NFL when he gets 7 sacks in 8 games, but actually plays 16 games....think about that. I'd do anything to get Kris Jenkins, I think he'd be a stud in the 3-4 and a TREMENDOUS upgrade for this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                        Yea, I have heard that about Jenkins...I'll take him ANYDAY over Rogers. Vilma for Rogers kinda sickens me actually...I'd actually even rather Sedrick Ellis at 6th overall rather than trade for Shaun Rogers....I don't care how good he is, he has no business in the NFL when he gets 7 sacks in 8 games, but actually plays 16 games....think about that.
                        *think about it*

I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                          *think about it*

I don't get it.
                          He played all 16 games but essentially only really "played" or really tried in the first half. He's a lazy bum who doesn't give the same effort and doesn't care as much as Jenkins. That's my point...I don't want a guy who's only going to show up when he wants. Noone can make any excuses, he's known for his inconsistency and lack of effort and its to the extent where now he's on the trade block, except despite his pro-bowl talent he's only worth a 3rd/4th round draft pick if that...

Comment

• Well I know he doesn't care as much as Jenkins and certainly didn't like the situation that he was in, but he did get sacks at the beginning and end of the year, and 7 sacks for a DT, especially when most of the rest of the line is terrible, is phenomenal. If you need any proof of a Pro Bowl caliber player turning it around, look no further than Mr. Randy Moss.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                              Well I know he doesn't care as much as Jenkins and certainly didn't like the situation that he was in, but he did get sacks at the beginning and end of the year, and 7 sacks for a DT, especially when most of the rest of the line is terrible, is phenomenal. If you need any proof of a Pro Bowl caliber player turning it around, look no further than Mr. Randy Moss.
                              The amount of sacks he gets is the least of my worries. I would be happy if our NT was a good passrusher..obviously, but by no means am I going to select our NT based on his passrushing skills or lack of them. That's not the job of the NT at all and quite frankly I don't care about it. If he's a true NT that also happens to be a good passrusher...then great, but otherwise, I don't care. It's funny that that is the argument for his immense potential, because that's exactly my point...I don't want my starting NT whom I traded a top player for, to be known for his high sack count despite his little effort...

As far as comparing his situation to Randy Moss's, yea it's a similar situation in that a good player is disgruntled and his play is suffering, but otherwise it's pretty different. Moss is world's better than anything Rogers will ever be, Moss is a first ballot HOF, Rogers is lucky to ever even be nominated. Moss discontentment came from a situation directly involving him...he was unhappy with his QB (among other things, but mainly his QB), Rogers is not even necessarily unhappy, he's not demanding a trade, it's the Lions who are shopping him. Moss was traded to the best team in the NFL, Rogers would be going to the 6th worst team in the NFL (draft pick wise). The NT position is perhaps the most crucial position on the entire Jets team let alone their defense, WR is a position in which you can take a gamble on, especially when you've already got 4 other talented WR's. Moss was traded for a 4th rounder, Rogers (if it's what we suspect) will be traded for former ROTY and pro-bowler Jonathan Vilma...

Comment

• At the NFL Combine in Indianapolis last week, the Jets told anyone who would listen that Vilma is available and gave the fourth-year pro permission to seek a deal with any team except the Patriots. The Panthers and the Lions play a 4-3 scheme, which Vilma has excelled in.
                                Haha except the Patriots. Gotta love the hate
                                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information