Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well we finally completed the worst trade ever by basiclly giving away our leader in vilma. Its nice that we got jenkins and faneca but the vilma trade has me 2 depressed 2 be happy....it will take a while b4 i get over this....but vilma was n will still b my favorite player and i hope he has a gr8 carrer over their in NO...if we dont get gholston in the draft i will cry

Comment

• but seriously guys was that not the worst trade EVER.....vilma would have been a pro bowler with jenkins at NT and harris next to him....and yes if he did bad this season he would go 2 the FA but its not like we really got something out of him....the way i see it is we take a little risk 4 a high reward....2 me i think that just made no sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
        Just to throw the name out there, does anyone think it would be a good move if the Jets looked into signing Shane Olivea to replace Anthony Clement at RT?
        Considering he was cut because of he lost his starting job, his work ethic came into question, and he wants fairly decent money, no, I don't think it'd be that great of an idea. I always love bringing in Buckeyes, but he's apparently lose that same fire if he just got released. Barton in the 4th would probably be a much better alternative, if it had to come to it.

As for the Vilma thing, I know a lot of people were in love with him, but really, I don't think he would have been as successful in the 3-4 as some predict. At the very least, he wouldn't have been happy, so there's a strong possibility he would have left in FA next year no matter what. It's best that we got something for him, and here's hoping for mediocrity out of him in New Orleans.

As for the off-season, beyond the draft, if we could get rid of Robertson (and provided Faneca stays on with us, or possibly if we got someone like say, Jacob Bell), I'd give us an A+ for what the FO has done.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
          but seriously guys was that not the worst trade EVER.....vilma would have been a pro bowler with jenkins at NT and harris next to him....and yes if he did bad this season he would go 2 the FA but its not like we really got something out of him....the way i see it is we take a little risk 4 a high reward....2 me i think that just made no sense
          The way the last two drafts have gone for us, along with what appears to be a good start to the off-season, I have to say I trust the front office in the decisions they have made. I myself really wanted to see what Vilma could do with some other players around him, but Vilma is best suited for a 4-3 no matter how you spin it. They know more about this then we do, and this was not something they rushed into doing without a large amount of consideration.

And if what I hear about the value for what we got for him, Conditional 3rd and likely to be a 2nd, thats pretty good. Vilma was my favorite Jet. However, the front office had to do what is the best for our team. And I have said it earlier that I trust them and feel confident in the moves they have made in the last 2 years.

Comment

• Ellis Jenkins Coleman
            Hobson Harris Barton (Draft Pick)

Hicks, Pouha, Mosley, and probably a draft pick create a deep DL. Thomas will get some time in pass rushing situations. Not bad.
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Some news from a few newspapers I read....

Jets Interested in Javon Walker

The Dallas Cowboys have shown interest in Walker and may be in position to quickly sign him. Other teams interested include the Buccaneers, the Jets and the Redskins.
              http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8409167

Chargers | Team releases Olivea
              Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:47:03 -0800

Kevin Acee, of The San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers released OT Shane Olivea Thursday, Feb. 28.

He has been their starting RT for 4 years, I think. Wonder if the Jets will give him a look and how much of an upgrade he would be. I don't know much about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                but seriously guys was that not the worst trade EVER.....vilma would have been a pro bowler with jenkins at NT and harris next to him....and yes if he did bad this season he would go 2 the FA but its not like we really got something out of him....the way i see it is we take a little risk 4 a high reward....2 me i think that just made no sense
                I agree I think Vilma would have been much beter with a wide body in front of him and Harris next to him. And I wish Mangini wouldn't have tried to mold what we had into a 3-4 for all the reasons we all previously noted. But, based on the injury and the fact that he would be a Free Agent next year and wouldnt have been the happiest guy in the 3-4 (not that he would've let it show) I think it is best for all that he was traded. Look at it this way, if he plays well we get an additional pick next year, if he doesnt (for injury or any other reason) than chances we wouldnt have resigned him anyway.
                J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                  Some news from a few newspapers I read....

Jets Interested in Javon Walker

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8409167

Chargers | Team releases Olivea
                  Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:47:03 -0800

Kevin Acee, of The San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers released OT Shane Olivea Thursday, Feb. 28.

He has been their starting RT for 4 years, I think. Wonder if the Jets will give him a look and how much of an upgrade he would be. I don't know much about him.
                  The kid is from Ohio St. and is from Long Island (long beach if anyone cares). Wouldn't be surprised if we make a move. Then we have the ability to draft different then oline.
                  Last edited by Young Nasty Man; 03-01-2008, 11:15 AM.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• i dont think we should pick up javon walker....hes not that bad of a player but he is gonna want some money that he donst deserve....he did not do 2 well with the broncos and has some off field issues....i think a wr in the draft would b better because their are some good wrs that will be their in the 2nd

Comment

• The WR depth is pretty good this draft. You could wait a lot longer then our second to get get someone good, if need be.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                        The WR depth is pretty good this draft. You could wait a lot longer then our second to get get someone good, if need be.
                        I agree that there's tons of depth at WR in this draft, but not for our specific needs. We have 4 guys out of our 5 or 6 WR's that could be considered burners or guys who use their speed. We need a big body, a guy with hands, a red zone target. There's tons of WR's in this draft, but not a ton of guys like that, I'd rather take a chance on Hardy in the 2nd.
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• whats funy is that there is rumors that we may take Hardy in the second round if he is there and I would be happy with that. So right now a draft id be happy with would be this:

1. Chris Long/Gholston/McFadden
                          2. James Hardy/Gosder Cherilus/Carl Nicks/Groves/Adarius Bowman
                          3. J Leman/Darrell Robertson/Kirk Barton

Just people I can see us getting/having an interest in at each pick

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
                            whats funy is that there is rumors that we may take Hardy in the second round if he is there and I would be happy with that. So right now a draft id be happy with would be this:

1. Chris Long/Gholston/McFadden
                            2. James Hardy/Gosder Cherilus/Carl Nicks/Groves/Adarius Bowman
                            3. J Leman/Darrell Robertson/Kirk Barton

Just people I can see us getting/having an interest in at each pick
                            Adarius Bowman = 4th, 5th, or 6th rounder....not early second.

All else is good though.
                            Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• I think Chris Clemons not re-signing with the Raiders and the re-signing of Kelly might be signs of us not getting Gholston.
                              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Lets see how this plays out. There are still moves to be made and there is plenty of time before the draft begins.

I hear Faneca announces today at 5:30 who he signed a contract with.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information