This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
    whats funy is that there is rumors that we may take Hardy in the second round if he is there and I would be happy with that. So right now a draft id be happy with would be this:

1. Chris Long/Gholston/McFadden
    2. James Hardy/Gosder Cherilus/Carl Nicks/Groves/Adarius Bowman
    3. J Leman/Darrell Robertson/Kirk Barton

Just people I can see us getting/having an interest in at each pick
    Well i'm not sure if by 3 you mean our 3rd pick or if you mean 3rd round, but our 3rd is now on the panthers.

If we end up with a damien woody or shane olivea in free agency, I would be leaning towards James Hardy or Groves with that pick. I think we are in a good position to pick BPA, but if we have Hardy and say Nicks equal I would lean towards Hardy as of now.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I meant by third pick becuase who knows what may happen between now and the draft since we may trade DRob and we got a 2008 pick out of Vilma so we are bound to see. I wouldn't mind either Woody or Olivea, preferably Olivea becuase of the Long Island roots that I have stated before.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Alright. Finally got Faneca. Hooray.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• that took way to much time to sign him, I was afraid we were going to have another case of Antione Winfield/Fred Smoot for a second there....thank god we have him....I dont care if people think we overpaid him or if we got him for too long of a contract, I really think its big for us and he is goin to develope the o-line and hopefully turn D-Brick into the player he should be. Next purchase I want either Javon Walker, Damien Woody, or Shane Olivea.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I definitely don't want Javon. He wants to be a #1 and even with us, he's certainly not a #1. I don't know if we're still interested in Woody. Unless he'd come for cheap, I don't know how much I'd really need for that upgrade at RG. Olivea I'm really skeptical of considering he got cut.
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Can I get some insight on Erik Coleman?
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                Can I get some insight on Erik Coleman?
                Started out great,began fading as his tenure on the Jets continued.

Comment

• Free safety or strong safety for the Falcons you think?
                  Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 03-01-2008, 06:23 PM.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                    Free safety or strong safety for the Falcons you think?
                    He would definately be best utilized as a strong safety, but isn't a liability in coverage. He has a good blend of size and athleticism to man up on your slot recievers and tight ends. In his first two years he was in on every play, doesn't shy away from contact and is a sure tackler.

Besides a concussion this year, I'm not sure what he did to get in mangini's doghouse, but he got there and stayed there. After his first two years, a lot of us were hoping he was going to be our next big safety, which i still think he has the potential to be.

There's only one reason i think mangini might have fell out of favor with him; he seemed to rely more on natural ability than football smarts to diagnose plays and sometimes took himself out of plays. Eric smith is a very smart player and that is really the only thing i can think of for why he was let go. I would say it was a quality signing that didn't break the bank, but could be pretty good dividends.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Well first off, I wanna congratulate all us jet fans for having a damn good offseason, on paper atleast. I know some people didn't like the idea of signing faneca for that much money, but the way i've been thinking about it is, we aren't just paying that much money for 1 player. Yes, technically we are paying it for one player, but the impact will be felt at 3 positions; Dbrick will hopefully play better, he's a huge upgrade over Clarke and than the impact he'll have on mangold.

If we land woody or olivea does drafting mcfadden make anymore sense now?? I've somewhat warmed up to the idea, especially sense i don't think long or gholston will fall to us.

Second question; if both are there for our second do we take groves or hardy??

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                        If we land woody or olivea does drafting mcfadden make anymore sense now?? I've somewhat warmed up to the idea, especially sense i don't think long or gholston will fall to us.

Second question; if both are there for our second do we take groves or hardy??
                        I do think it enhances the chances of McFadden simply because he'll be the BPA, but in all honesty, I'd much prefer a trade down because now we have a bunch of positions that we can stand to upgrade but no one glaring need (although passrusher's still pretty big) and therefore I'd rather attempt to stockpile rather than put it all in to get one big player. And if we did decide to go the route of selecting an RB first round, I'd rather go with Mendenhall. Would you go Mendhenall 6th overall by any chance? Seems to shocking to me to happen, but he's the more complete player and McFadden's got no intangibles to speak of, in fact he's not that good of a person lol.

Depends who we get with our first rounder. If we go McFadden, then I'd definitely take Groves, simply because he's on defense. If anything, I'd go defense in both the first two rounds....but not offense.
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Give me Gholston in the 1st, Hardy (if avail) in the 2nd. McFadden might be a stud but:

a) The red flags just throw me off a bit. So he's fathered 4 kids by 4 different woman? That's some Shawn Kemp stuff...

b)Who knows how good Thomas Jones behind a revamped line might be? The guy ran for 1,300 yards behind a good line... let's give him a chance.

Comment

• One day after trading for defensive tackle Kris Jenkins, the Jets reached agreement with former Pittsburgh Pro-Bowl free-agent guard Alan Faneca on a five-year, $40 million contract that includes $21 million in guaranteed money.
                            But the Jets arenít finished in free agency just yet. They are in the process of arranging a visit for Detroit free-agent offensive lineman Damien Woody, who could man the right tackle position for the Jets.
                            The Jets are also planning to welcome Arizona free-agent linebacker Calvin Pace to New York after he wrapped up his Saturday visit with the Miami Dolphins.
                            http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?...o&confirm=true

sweet
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• I thought Pace was in NY today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
                                I thought Pace was in NY today?
                                Maybe.. Press is usually unreliable with player locations. (See Berrian)
                                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information