This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
    IMO I would have preferred to not sign Pace and draft Gholston. Only thing is, if Gholston got drafted ahead of us we would be in deep doo-doo. Hopefully Gholston is still on their radar..
    Hopefully signing Pace doesn't eliminate the possibility of drafting Gholston. Pace and Gholston on the edges with Thomas as a weakside OLB sub is not bad at all.

Comment

• I don't know. I've read some stuff on Pace and he might not be bad. He certainly was overpaid, but he might be a solid addition. Sounds to be more of a coverage/run stuffer guy than a pure pass rusher, however, so we might still have to address that. I also heard Pace can play the inside because of his abilities, so he might be more in the Adalius Thomas mold than anything else. We'll see about that one. I'm far less skeptical of that signing than say, Woody. But with the familiarity with Mangini, maybe Woody will play solidly over there.

At the very least, this gives us options in the draft considering they screwed themselves over by winning that last game. Should be very interesting to see what we can do in the draft and if we can give up D-Rob at all.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• according to FoxSports the D-ROb deal is off

Despite numerous indications that a deal would go down, the Cincinnati Bengals once again have failed to trade for a new defensive tackle.

FOXSports.com has learned that Dewayne Robertson of the New York Jets, who met with Bengals officials at team headquarters on Monday, will not be traded to Cincinnati.

Robertson has two years remaining on the rookie deal he signed as the No. 4 pick of the 2003 draft. He is set to earn $1.5 million in base salary this season.

Robertson, who spoke Sunday night to Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, has been a poor fit in the 3-4 defensive scheme New York installed when Eric Mangini became head coach in 2006. Robertson, 26, would likely be better suited to play in a 4-3 system as a penetrating-style defensive tackle.

The Bengals thought they had an agreement Friday with Detroit to acquire defensive tackle Shaun Rogers. But a contractual issue nullified the deal, leading to the Lions instead agreeing to send Rogers to Cleveland for a third-round draft pick and cornerback Leigh Bodden.

Robertson became expendable in New York when the Jets acquired defensive tackle Kris Jenkins in a Friday trade with Carolina. A source said the new Jets contract Jenkins signed includes $9.5 million in guaranteed money and a $4.5 million roster bonus due in March. The total value of the five-year contract is $30.25 million with $18 million coming in the first three seasons, the source said.

Media reports have stated Jenkins was set to earn $20 million in guaranteed money from the Jets.
        J. MESS

Comment

• D-Rob wants a new contract with Cinci, right? Is that what help up the trade?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
            D-Rob wants a new contract with Cinci, right? Is that what help up the trade?
            WTF?!?!?!?!? are we ever going to get rid of this guy? and i agree, i don't know much about pace, but we are going to have to live or die with him now even though he is WAY over paid...woody? idk either...like another person said before, 1 step forward, 2 steps back...can the jets get rid of drob now, with other teams seeing that he prob is not willing to renegotiate his contract?
            "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Are we still targeting Gholston, because Pace isn't a pure pass rusher. He can play OLB or ILB which gives us a great all around player, but we need someone who's job is to get to the QB. Have we expressed interest in resigning Hobson?
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Don't know how you guys feel about this but I have an idea for the Jets to help solidify their secondary. Philly is shopping Lito and they have a need for a #! receiver and Coles has made his displeasures clear about not getting an extension. So how about Lito Sheppard and a 5th rounder to the NYJ for Lavaerneus Coles, 2nd Rounder and 6th Rounder?

Comment

• Not only is Lito not that great, but that'd definitely kill our receiving corp. As overrated as I think Coles is (by some), we really don't have a lot of other options at receiver. To give up our 2nd that we desperately need as well as Coles just for an average corner would kind of be ridiculous.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by DI View Post
                    Don't know how you guys feel about this but I have an idea for the Jets to help solidify their secondary. Philly is shopping Lito and they have a need for a #! receiver and Coles has made his displeasures clear about not getting an extension. So how about Lito Sheppard and a 5th rounder to the NYJ for Lavaerneus Coles, 2nd Rounder and 6th Rounder?
                    But with this, the Jets are left with one of the worst receiver corps in the NFL and without a day one pick outside of the first round, no way to improve. Clemens would become this year's version of 2007 Vince Young.

He can hand it off, but if heaven forbid he has to drop back to pass, he'll be sitting back for 5-10 seconds before deciding to run or get sacked because there is nobody to throw the ball to.

And just imagine what would happen if Jerricho Cotchery got injured.

Your starting receivers...... Brad Smith and Wallace Wright. You'll find better duos in the arena league. That may be an exagguration, but not a very big one.

Comment

• Hopefully Chansi Stuckey develops nicely so then he could eventually take over for Coles. Right now its looking like the Jets need to take a receiver in the first 3 rounds..
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Jets officially cut Clement, and signed CB Andre Woolfolk formerly of Tennesee
                        J. MESS

Comment

• I really don't see why everyone thinks this offseason was a failure. We cut the fat and got quality players. We will finally be able to run the football again next season, which will take a lot of pressure off Clemens. I think we still draft Gholston if there, and then we have depth at LB and can get pressure on the QB much easier. I know we've spent a damn lot on free agents, but we had money to spend, and we got rid of players with big contracts. If we can get rid of Robertson, we clear up so much cap space. Thanks to free agency, we now don't have any GIANT needs. We still need another WR, CB, LB, FB, S. Before we needed all that (LB A LOT) and NT, OG, OT. All of which were glaring needs. I am happy the Jets are finally realizing, if we ever want to win a Superbowl, we need to make moves and soon.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Really, Robertson was the biggest and arguably the only concern as far as getting rid of players goes, and we've yet to do that. I hardly think you can say it's a failure, but you can't call it a success either. It'll definitely depend on whether we can get rid of Robertson and how our draft shakes out.

Comment

• If the Titans cut him, a CB which is one of their needs unless I am mistaken, what does that say about him? I'll reserve judgement though until I can find some things besides stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
                                I really don't see why everyone thinks this offseason was a failure. We cut the fat and got quality players. We will finally be able to run the football again next season, which will take a lot of pressure off Clemens.

Because the way I see it, the Jets cut the fat (McCareins, Clarke & Clement) and added more (Pace & Woody). Despite the trading of Vilma, my favorite player on the Jets, I was relatively happy with what the Jets did in free agency. Until that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information