This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
    I thought we had an extra pick from the Pete Kendall trade.

Anyone know what we're getting?
    We'll be getting a 4th next year.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I was going to quote Hcbrad but he wrote a novel so ill just say im following up on what he wrote.

I can agree more with you with the fact that Jerry Jones is goin to put our balls in a vice and squeeze until we trade. He wants McFadden and it doesn't take an idiot to realize that. I don't mind the idea of trading down, but I dont just want 2 late firsts. Call me greedy, or call me what you choose, but I dont even mind the idea of trading our first and 2 of the 3 4th rounders to Dallas for 2 firsts a 2nd and if we can a 3rd. Not only does this allow us to stock up on picks but we can get true system guys. So what do you guys think about this possibly:

1a) Balmer
      1b) James Hardy
      2a) Cliff Avril
      2b) Antoine Cason
      3) Jon Goff

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm glad to see you include Jonathon Goff. At one point of the season he was a late 1st to early 2nd rounder and then he just fell. I think he'd be a great fit to add depth to LB. Right now we've got Harris, Barton, Pace, Kassell, Thomas, and Bowens. Chatham will retire and I haven't heard anything about us resigning Hobson.
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• I wonder if Andre Woolfork can work his way into the rotation at CB. He had potential maybe a change of scenery will do him some good.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• i think that there is a great chance the raiders draft mcfadden regardless of fargas and michael bush...michael bush is still a huge question mark because of his leg, and although him and fargas could form a decent duo, mcfadden is much better than both and he and fargas could form a grreat duo with bush as insurance and possibly a long term solution (him and mcfadden would make a great duo if bush can get past his leg injury)...however, unless im wrong, lamont jordan and dominic rhodes are still on their roster, and i know they were both expected to be cut, does anybody konw the status of that?

but that draft that hcbrad made would be great, even though i dont think davis will be left in the 4th and i highly doubt cottam in the 6th, but maybe im just being pessimistic, but either way i think balmer would be a great pick if we were to trade down AND DRC, mckelvin, and jenkins are all gone...but i do love ben graham haha

i also do really like the draft that youngnastyman made but again only if the 3 CBs i mentioned are gone

i alwasy thought the 4th for kendall was this years draft but i guess not

and as for woolfolk, if he could live up to his 1st round potential, thatd be amazing but idk how likely that is, as someone mentioned he was cut from the titans who kinda need CBs
            JETS

Comment

• can we have robertson play end now that we have jenkins?

Comment

• Huh. I guess a Jets' veteran is angry that we're paying guys that aren't even on the team yet big money while the guys on the team are getting screwed. Doesn't sound good team chemistry-wise. Looks like this could be a bigger screw up than we anticipated if there aren't immediate results and/or contracts being handed out to current Jets players.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• ...Actually, now that I think about it, I don't really care. No one on the team beyond our young guys really matter, and I imagine this is someone like Baker or Coles. Most of our veterans haven't really come off as "high character" guys so I wouldn't really care if they left. If we sign Rhodes, I don't think anyone else really matters. It's too bad we couldn't trade Pennington and Coles for Roy Williams.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                    ...Actually, now that I think about it, I don't really care. No one on the team beyond our young guys really matter, and I imagine this is someone like Baker or Coles. Most of our veterans haven't really come off as "high character" guys so I wouldn't really care if they left. If we sign Rhodes, I don't think anyone else really matters. It's too bad we couldn't trade Pennington and Coles for Roy Williams.
                    This is hands down Laverneus Coles because he is the one who wanted a contract extension and wanted more money and is upset it wasn't him. Also he is the one that hated going to training camp. I can see mangini not takin much more from him so I wouldn't be surprised if they shut his mouth and address reciever in the draft.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• yeah i definitely think its coles, and i laughed when i read that even though it is kind of bad for the chemistry and everyitng i found it kinda funny when putting it in the situation at hand, and i agree resigning rhodes now is crucial and it doesnt sound so good so far

and as for robertson, i wouldnt mind keeping him if and only if we can restructure his deal, i would rather see him go because i think its somewhere around 8.5 mil that gets freed up but if we cant trade him i think we should cut him unless he agrees to restructure
                      JETS

Comment

• edit: nevermind

Comment

• I understand why they are upset about the spending, but they should be happy that the FO is actually trying to improve the team.

Comment

• yeah serioulsy, how does 4 wins make them deserve more money...if they had just played better, maybe all this money wouldnt have to be thrown around
                            JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                              Huh. I guess a Jets' veteran is angry that we're paying guys that aren't even on the team yet big money while the guys on the team are getting screwed. Doesn't sound good team chemistry-wise. Looks like this could be a bigger screw up than we anticipated if there aren't immediate results and/or contracts being handed out to current Jets players.
                              We probably wouldn't be on such a spending spree had the vets performed better at led us to a winning record. After going 4-12, this really shouldn't be an issue... they shouldn't be whining.

Comment

• 1a) Kentwan Balmer DE
                                1b) James Hardy WR
                                2) Antoine Cason CB
                                4) Bruce Davis OLB
                                6) Brad Cottam TE
                                7) Mike Dragosavich P
                                If we trade down, I'd like to see us take Quentin Groves.

And as you said Cromartie would be tempting if he was avail at the 1a pick.

Regardless, I'd be pretty pleased with this draft.

Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                                yeah serioulsy, how does 4 wins make them deserve more money...if they had just played better, maybe all this money wouldnt have to be thrown around
                                haha, you beat me to it... as showed in my post, I feel pretty much the same way

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information