Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh. So I guess Fitz and the Cards are way off. Would you guys do #6 and Coles for him? Personally, I'd do that in a second, regardless of what he's asking for.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
      Huh. So I guess Fitz and the Cards are way off. Would you guys do #6 and Coles for him? Personally, I'd do that in a second, regardless of what he's asking for.
      yeah definitely
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Eh, I don't know. Any other year I'd say YES!!! JUMP ALL OVER IT!!!, but after the contract Javon Walker got, I wonder if Fitz is going to want to be the highest paid player in the NFL or something.

Comment

• Right now I have my fingers crossed for Gholston. Fitz would be nice but at this point lets hold on to all of our picks..
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Supposedly the Jets are pursuing Tony Richardson. That'd be one of the best signings this offseason.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
              Supposedly the Jets are pursuing Tony Richardson. That'd be one of the best signings this offseason.
              Yeah clearing line backers out of TJ's and Leon's way will really help. Barnes barely played but when he did he was nonexistent

Comment

• Jets, FB Richardson agree to terms

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ts.richardson/

Tony Richardson has confirmed to SI.com that he has agreed to terms with the New York Jets. The financial terms were not disclosed, but the deal is for one year.
                Decision down to Ravens, Jets offers for Ayanbadejo

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl...own_to_ravens/

The two-time Pro Bowl special teams player said he will choose between contract offers from the Baltimore Ravens and New York Jets today, then give the Bears the opportunity to match the final offer. They're not expected to be interested after announcing Monday on the team Web site they had broken off contract talks with Ayanbadejo.

Comment

• I was just going to post the T-Rich signing. I think it's a solid one. Since it's for one year, I fully expect us to draft a fullback and have him learn from Richardson.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• As long as it isn't 1 year 5 million or something like that, I'm happy with the signing. Believe it or not, I'm beginning to soften my stance on the Jets drafting McFadden although I'd still prefer Gholston. With the additions of Faneca, Richardson and *sigh* Woody, the Jets o-line is starting to look like that of Minnesota.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                      As long as it isn't 1 year 5 million or something like that, I'm happy with the signing. Believe it or not, I'm beginning to soften my stance on the Jets drafting McFadden although I'd still prefer Gholston. With the additions of Faneca, Richardson and *sigh* Woody, the Jets o-line is starting to look like that of Minnesota.
                      I've started to become more open to the idea of drafting mcfadden as well. Getting faneca and Woody is what started opening me up to the idea and then once we got pace that's what set me over. I have always loved gholston, but i just don't like the idea of putting another 40 million dollar contract with 17 mill guaranteed (roughly what laron landry got last year) into the OLB position when we already gave thomas a 25 million dollar extension and pace 20 mill guaranteed. I'm all for pass rushers, but i'd personally rather take a project like avril in the lower rounds instead of doling out more money for a guy who isn't gonna play every down. I know some people would like to just bench/cut thomas, but the FO hasn't given any indication of that. However, if the jets do sign chatman than i honestly have no idea what direction they will be going in as they will have a cluttered backfield of jones, washington and chatman.

Regarding the complaining player, I have a feeling it is Baker. I know it has coles written all over it, but he has never been one to make anything he says anonymous, he's usually very vocal about his opinions. He could have wanted to keep it anonymous, but after he was all in the media about being unhappy i have a feeling it's baker. I could really care less. If it was baker; he tried to hit the free agent market a couple years ago and no one wanted him, so he came back to us and signed a deal and now he wants more money after only one good year. The rest of the veteran don't deserve any money after gonig 4-12 and the rookies can see if they work harder they'll get paid. I just would like to see kerry locked up for an extension, but it looks like they are far off in trade talks.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• the only player i could see deserving of more $$ is rhodes..i would be really ticked off if they decide to let him test the market next year. as for coles and baker? they are two forgetable players that nobody would ever mention again after they retire so i could care less if they want to whine, be traded, hold out, etc. i say draft a WR in the 1st after you trade down with your 6, if gholston isnt available.
                        "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
                          the only player i could see deserving of more $$ is rhodes..i would be really ticked off if they decide to let him test the market next year. as for coles and baker? they are two forgetable players that nobody would ever mention again after they retire so i could care less if they want to whine, be traded, hold out, etc. i say draft a WR in the 1st after you trade down with your 6, if gholston isnt available.
                          I agree that Rhodes should be a priority...Baker is interchangeable.
                          J. MESS

Comment

• I think we all agree, its time to give Kerry his paycheck. He is a stud and it would be a HUGE blow to lose him, so we gotta stop buyin new people and just resign him.

As for Tony Richardson, solid signing. I agree si that we need a Fullback that can clear the lanes. Not to take away credit from LT, but Lorenzo Neal surely helped him break those records. I wouldn't have mind if we signed Neal, but Tony Richardson is a HUGE help. So I am happy.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
                              I think we all agree, its time to give Kerry his paycheck. He is a stud and it would be a HUGE blow to lose him, so we gotta stop buyin new people and just resign him.

As for Tony Richardson, solid signing. I agree si that we need a Fullback that can clear the lanes. Not to take away credit from LT, but Lorenzo Neal surely helped him break those records. I wouldn't have mind if we signed Neal, but Tony Richardson is a HUGE help. So I am happy.
                              I agree we need to try to renegotiate with kerry and we are. However, he is still under contract and thus our main attention had to be on the other free agents when free agency started or else we woudl have lost out. I agree that now that free agency is essentially over we should focus on signing him, but you can't just throw money obscene money at him. He will most likely sign for what gibril got or a little less because he is under contract. Generally when a player has a year left they sign for less than what free agency gives them, because there is always that chance they could get hurt this upcoming year and lose out on the money. We also have the option of franchising him, so it generally is in the benefit for the player to take the extension with the team for a little less than market value.

We are apparantly under negotiations with him, but you have to remember he is still only a safety and even though he is one of our best players we can't just give him the moon, it's not fiscally responsible. I would say 5-6 year deal worth 6 million or less a year with something like 14 million guaranteed should get it done, but if he's asking for bob sanders money or more, he should be shopped.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                                We are apparantly under negotiations with him, but you have to remember he is still only a safety and even though he is one of our best players we can't just give him the moon, it's not fiscally responsible. I would say 5-6 year deal worth 6 million or less a year with something like 14 million guaranteed should get it done, but if he's asking for bob sanders money or more, he should be FRANCHISED.
                                Fixed that for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information