Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i love the richardson signing, just look at the KC running game before and after he left, and then look at the vikings running game before and after he got there...granted he had stud RBs, the KC running game has declined the past 2 years as the vikings running game has become one of the tops in the league...the only thing i dont like aobut this is taht we have a new FB every year which is kind of annoying...but on the other hand, i think hes high 90's in madden so its alwasy good to have some 90s on your team, although idk what hell be this year since hes 36

onto ayanbadejo...unfortunately, i read he signed with the ravens...we already have a great special teams but i think he would have been awesome with the jets, especially since we brought in O'Dea, but im not too pissed aobut this, just a little dissapointed...i dont hitnk not signing him hurt us, i just thinking signging him would have helped us

as for rhodes, we definitely have to lock him up long term, i think we all agree there...he is one of the only players that has the rigth to grope about us throwing money out in FA

now onto mcfadden...i read something very interesting today...recently i said taht i thoguth there was a great chance the raiders would draft him because they were supposively cutting rhodes and lamont, but today i read that rhodes restructured his contract (they are still expected to cut lamont), which makes it all the more likely that they will NOT draft mcfadden, which barring a trade up or a crazy draft day surprise, means he will probably fall to us...now the question comes, do we draft him...i really dont konw where i want to go with this pick, but i do know that hes not my top choice, but i wouldnt mind picking him because, well hes Run DMC, and not only does he have a sick nickname hes a major playmaker which is really what we need...as of now, i think its mcfadden, gholston/long, or a CB, with the CB obviously most addressing a need, but we still have a ways to go before the draft and things can change (i wouldnt be surprised if we signed someone or made a trade for say lito sheppard), and also we might be able to get a CB in round 2 who can come in and start for us...the problem wiht the CBs in this draft and our pick, although there a lot of late 1st and 2nd round prospects at CB, because there are no top-tier CBs and a lot of teams really need a CB, it is the most likely position to be overdrafted and have guys with 2nd round talent drafted 1st round, which could really hurt us
    JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
      I was just going to post the T-Rich signing. I think it's a solid one. Since it's for one year, I fully expect us to draft a fullback and have him learn from Richardson.
      i dont think that we will draft a FB as of now, although it is definitely possible, we currently have richardson and tutt on the roster and what team carries 3 FBs?...does anyone konw if we extended tutt? i heard taht for some reason or another we were extending him but idk if it happened or not, especially if we were targetting richardson...but anyway as of now, i doubt we draft a FB
      JETS

Comment

• Well, alright, I shouldn't say I expect us to draft a FB (and by draft I mean either actually draft or bring in through UDFA), but I think we certainly should. If we had the right guy learning from Richardson, we could have a future All-Pro on our hands.
        Last edited by thetedginnshow; 03-06-2008, 06:32 PM.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I'd love for us to draft a FB, this seems like a really good FB crop, a bunch of different types who all will succeed at what they do. I think Richardson's a huge signing. He's made multiple probowls and all because of his dominating blocking and paving the way for RB's. Coincidence the two big RB's he's blocked for set records? I think not...love the 1 year signing, we should have a nice run game next year, I'm all for not addressing the RB position at all this year, to see what they can do, I fully expect 2000 yards next year...
          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            Fixed that for you.
            I have no problem with franchising him, but if we shop him and someone offers incredible value than i'm all for it. I love rhodes, but a safety isn't the most important position in our defense and if someone blows us away with an offer we should take it. Now, i would hope it doesn't come to that and we can extend him for a solid contract, because he is definately one hell of a player.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Glad to hear about the Richardson signing. At this point, I'm starting to feel like we won't have the option of choosing between Gholston and McFadden. I believe one of them will be taken before our slot.

Comment

• Bleh, I still see absolutely no reason to draft McFadden. I dnno what people are thinking lately, perhaps they're disillusioned by all the signings we've made, but we're still in absolutely no position to make a luxury pick, we've still got a lot of positions that need help.

Even more to the point, in light of our huge spending spree, I do not envision a possible scenario that would involve us staying at 6 right now, there's just no way they're going to invest more big long-term money at this point, I'm expecting and would be really happy with a trade down. I actually wouldn't mind acquiring a pick next year either...first or second rounder that is.
                Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                  Bleh, I still see absolutely no reason to draft McFadden. I dnno what people are thinking lately, perhaps they're disillusioned by all the signings we've made, but we're still in absolutely no position to make a luxury pick, we've still got a lot of positions that need help.

Even more to the point, in light of our huge spending spree, I do not envision a possible scenario that would involve us staying at 6 right now, there's just no way they're going to invest more big long-term money at this point, I'm expecting and would be really happy with a trade down. I actually wouldn't mind acquiring a pick next year either...first or second rounder that is.
                  Couple of things.

Why to draft McFadden?
                  Because Gholston may not be on the board
                  Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey are no better fits for 3-4 DE than Robertson
                  Drafting a #2 cornerback sixth overall is kind of a waste. And considering the cornerbacks this year, probably not worth it
                  WR and any OLB not named Gholston would be a HUGE reach
                  Keith Rivers is a worse fit for 3-4 ILB than Vilma

As far as there not being a scenario where the Jets don't trade down, I can think of one.

One where no team wants to trade up to #6 or no team is willing to give a decent offer.

Comment

• i know that mangini loves tutt, but i am all for getting rid of him and draft a FB like owen schmitt or peyton hillis on day 2 if the value is there (preferably 4th or 5th round)

as for TE...i am really thinking we should sign/draft a solid TE to a)pair with baker and b) have as insurance if the baker contract dispute doesnt work out...i konw we brought in utecht for a visit and i would love the signing but does anyone konw what his tender is cuz i know hes a RFA...if we dont sign one, i would love to draft one day 2 (again, if the value is there), say dustin keller, martellus bennet, brad cottam, or martin rucker...i think cottam would be interesting becuase he is 6'8" and could be a real red zone threat for us or keller because he is quick and can stretch the field well for a TE...what are your guys thoughts?
                    JETS

Comment

• to continue on with what i was just saying about pairing baker with cottam, it would be similar to the steelers approach this year where heath miller was there clear go to TE but in the red zone 6'7" matt spaeth became a big target as shown by his regular season stats (5 catches, 3 for TD's, and only 34 yards)
                      JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                        i know that mangini loves tutt, but i am all for getting rid of him and draft a FB like owen schmitt or peyton hillis on day 2 if the value is there (preferably 4th or 5th round)
                        I think there is room for Tutt and another FB even if we draft another RB. Its not uncommon for teams to have a total of 6 RBs on the roster (2 fbs). Plus Tutt is a good special teamer and gets time at h-back.
                        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• when looking at the jets site, i found somehting interesting...stacey tutt is not listed on their roster, even though when i looked aroudn the internet i found this
                          Tutt was re-signed by the Jets to an exclusive-rights contract on February 29, 2008.
                          so i dont really know whast that means but well see i guess

also they spelled tony richardson as tony richadson on the roster

also i found that hank poteat was listed on their roster, however espn has him listed as a FA

im a little confused...can anybody clear up either of these issues?
                          JETS

Comment

• and i also found out that tutt was a college QB at richmond, jsut thoguht that was interesting
                            JETS

Comment

• You can't really go off of the their site because I don't know how often they update it and exactly how they decide if the guys on the roster.
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• I heard we're after ben utecht to compliment baker if we dont sign him I like th 67 TE from Tenn....THOUGHTS? cottam
                                QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information