This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
    I heard we're after ben utecht to compliment baker if we dont sign him I like th 67 TE from Tenn....THOUGHTS? cottam
    i know he visited this past week..i feel he would be a definite upgrade at TE, but i also dont know how utecht's visits with other teams went...we will have to wait and see.
    "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• according to CBS Gholston ran a 4.58 forty and had a 42 inch vertical leap in his pro day. I do not normally base all my opinion on a workout/combine but that is pretty darn impressive. If hes there at 6 he is ours!

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10696184/rss
      J. MESS

Comment

• Oh. I guess I forgot to post it here. But in any case, it'd be awfully funny if we didn't get a chance at Gholston because we didn't let Miami have Pace.

Right now we should all be praying that Dorsey and Ryan absolutely tear their Pro Days up.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...376#post943376

Chatman signs with the jets
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• from a few posts ago...that Stacey Tutt isnt on the roster...you also wont find Justin Miller both are or were on the Injury reserve tab on the jets site.

Tutt is listed as a FB and I think is loved by mangini
            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• like i said before, i agree with utecht or cottam

about gholston, when we signed pace i thought about that, liek had we let miami have him, they prob wouldnt have gone gholston, and i definitely would want gholston over pace, so we may have screwed ourselves there

as for chatman, i know he showed promise last year, but idk aobut that signing, i wouldve liked to draft a RB this year since its such a deep class (i know that we still can but i think it lowers the chances)

as for tutt, yeah i htink mangini loves him too
              JETS

Comment

• I dont really understand the Chatman signing. In my opinion the signing of Chatman means that more than likely we will not draft McFadden. It is looking like it is Gholston or trade down for us. Somebody pointed to the PACE signing as us forcing Miami to draft Gholston, which is probably correct. We can also point to that week 17 win over KC as another factor.
                J. MESS

Comment

• For anyone that has not listened to Scott Wright's podcast on the radio show he has been promoting on his main page I highly suggest you give last weeks a listen.

http://nick8.surfernetwork.com/Media.../Draft3508.mp3

He spends a good amount of his hour, probably at least 20 minutes, talking about how the Jet's FA signings have effected their draft status. He really seems set on ruling Gholston completely out for the Jets.

I downloaded it to my iPod and it's a good listen. That same site has another podcast from last week that talks strictly about the Jets which I plan on listening to. If you have free time, it's worth a listen.

Comment

• Yous guys are gonna be so much improved from last season. If you guys draft Gholston, your defense would be thtough the roof.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

• Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
                      Yous guys are gonna be so much improved from last season. If you guys draft Gholston, your defense would be thtough the roof.
                      i don't want to get my hopes up, but yeah, if we draft gholston, we are going to have a sick defense..all we really need is to have someone step up at the other CB position. what i am worried about is our QB and WR situation, and i think we got robbed with the whole vilma trade. other than that, its been a fun off season.
                      "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• We could have a solid team all around, but if we don't have a QB, well, this season is going to be very hard to watch considering all the moves we made in FA.

Comment

• hopefully the improved line and runnign game (faneca, woody, richardson, bill callahan) will take pressure off the QB and let them just manage the game...which i think could lead to pennington being the starting QB, as he is a better game manager, and can better help coles stay happy (unless he keeps throwing up those floaters like last year, but i kon before taht they ahd great chemistry), but well see, we still have a lot more to go before we figrue that out
                          JETS

Comment

• Alex Down you need to stop readin Gary Meyers from the Daily News and Yasinkas from Espn buddy. QB while improtant is not the single most important position on the field. Its not one position but look at OL and DL working as ONE unit that is the most important thing. Look at Dilfer raven 2001. Look at Johnson Bucs 2002. QBs who were at best middle of the road.

I found that Clemens needs time to develop and we're going to be a running team. So we keep Chad as long as he's effective running the play fake or as long as it takes to develop clemens and then as long as we have a playmaker 65 WR for Clemens I believe he's going to be our guys for a while. Pennington will also benefit from a big WR and a running game as well as the OL. It makes sense for the franchise.

Chad is effective we just cant expect him to be 65 235lbs laser rocket arm QB. He is a GREAT game manager. Lets use it properly
                            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                              Alex Down you need to stop readin Gary Meyers from the Daily News and Yasinkas from Espn buddy. QB while improtant is not the single most important position on the field. Its not one position but look at OL and DL working as ONE unit that is the most important thing. Look at Dilfer raven 2001. Look at Johnson Bucs 2002. QBs who were at best middle of the road.
                              I never said we needed an Pro Bowl or near that level QB nor did I say it was the most important position. I understand that the FA signings will take a lot of pressure and help whoever is at QB for us this year.

Like I said, we have just put a lot into FA this year without a clearly defined or proven signal caller to lead the team. I'm not ready to start making predictions yet, but if Pennington can't be healthy, and Clemens doesn't progress much more then what he has shown, we could be in for a long, or just dissapointing year. I don't know why thats hard to understand.

Comment

• I for one hope that Gholston and Pace can become what Dallas has with Ware and Ellis. That means teams would shy a TE to one side and a RB to the other leaving the 3 interior linemen to block whoever else is coming. Plus that takes out 2 more players away from passing options. If Pace and Gholston can draw double teams our defense will be deadly. Our sack and interception totals will go way up compared to last year.
                                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information