This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    But the same is also true. The Jets can draft Vernon Gholston in the first and then try to get a running back in the second or later rounds.
    Very true. If they did take Gholston in the first, which is what I probably would do, then they should wait much later to take a back. I don't think runningback is any big need for the Jets, especially now that they signed Chatman. Jones can absolutely play and as BBD said, Washington deserves more touches if anything. But I can understand being enticed by McFadden, on the basis of talent.

The Jets are actually the ideal situation for him, I think. Paired with a veteran runner in Jones who can handle third down/pass protection responsibilities which McFadden isn't ready to handle. Maybe Brian Schottenheimer can devise ways to use him.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
      Very true. If they did take Gholston in the first, which is what I probably would do, then they should wait much later to take a back. I don't think runningback is any big need for the Jets, especially now that they signed Chatman. Jones can absolutely play and as BBD said, Washington deserves more touches if anything. But I can understand being enticed by McFadden, on the basis of talent.

The Jets are actually the ideal situation for him, I think. Paired with a veteran runner in Jones who can handle third down/pass protection responsibilities which McFadden isn't ready to handle. Maybe Brian Schottenheimer can devise ways to use him.
      In many ways you're absolutely right about the Jets being a perfect team for McFadden. A team that has a very solid oline (on paper) and a very good FB to run behind who is in desperate need of an offensive playmaker, albeit the need may be in a different position. Like you said, we have a back in TJ who can handle the pass protecting/third down responsibilities and a back in leon to change the pace.

I'm hoping with the return of justin miller leon will be able to get more touches as well.

If mcfadden were the pick than i think the schotty of '06 could have made creative plays for him, but the schotty of '07 was one of the most bland/predictable play callers i've ever seen; hopefully the '06 one shows up this year. I would have liked to see the play action used more than once every couple of games and i'm surprised i didn't see leon and TJ in the backfield together more, that would have been creative.

Hopefully this year with a new offensive line, we will be able to have a TE go out for a pass instead of chipping the DE everyplay or our RB get to the LOS without meeting 2 linebackers...hopefully.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Hey Guys,

Congrats on a great Free-Agency period. Your trenches have gotten much better and it looks alot scarier to us Buffalo fans than it did last year. What are the plans for D. Robertson?

By the way here's how I have your 1st 3 rounds.

1 Run DMC
        2 Q Groves
        3 L Hawkins
        Last edited by OTcoach; 03-11-2008, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTcoach View Post
          Hey Guys,

Congrats on a great Free-Agency period. Your trenches have gotten much better and it looks alot scarier to us Buffalo fans than it did last year. What are the plans for D. Robertson?

1 Run DMC
          2 Q Groves
          3 L Hawkins
          Wouldn't be a bad first three, but i'm not sure if you mean hawkins in the 3rd or he'll be our 3rd player, because we don't have a 3rd this year (we do have two 4th rounders).

I'm assuming that we still may get some very low picks for him on draft day when a team doesn't land a DT they want; probably the low 4th and 5th that was offered by cinci. Most teams assume he'll be cut, but if more than one team shows interest they might go for the trade so that they don't have to get into a bidding war. We are only 4.5ish million under the cap so i would imagine he's gone in some way or form this year.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by OTcoach View Post
            Hey Guys,

1 Run DMC
            2 Q Groves
            3 L Hawkins
            Wouldn't mind the first two rounds but I dont think Groves will last. I dont know much on Hawkins but I dont think he is worth the value, I prefer a corner in the 3rd.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
              Wouldn't mind the first two rounds but I dont think Groves will last. I dont know much on Hawkins but I dont think he is worth the value, I prefer a corner in the 3rd.
              I'd prefer a DE in the third, but it's all pointless cause we don't have a third. If we can somehow grab a third rounder that would be nice, but that would most likely come through trading down.

Comment

• Gregory Cox's 7 Round Draft.

6) NY Jets – RB Darren McFadden (Arkansas)
                * Gholston still on the board.

36) NY Jets – CB Tracy Porter (Indiana)
                * DL Sims, DL Laws, WR Thomas, WR Manningham still on the board.

98) NY Jets – WR Eddie Royal (Virginia Tech)
                * S DeCloud and ILB Wheeler still on the board.

109) NY Jets (via New Orleans) – DE/DT Kendall Langford (Hampton)
                * DL Pressley, S Griffin, DB Ikegwuono, S Zbikowski, and FB Schmitt still on the board.

162) NY Jets – FS D.J. Parker (Virginia Tech)
                * FB Hillis and OLB/DE Blake still on the board.

193) NY Jets – OLB Brian Kehl (BYU)
                * QB Keller still on the board.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/coxmockdraft7.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I'd post this to spark discussion.
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• BJoe, AlexD, Crickett: How's this for format? all the Bold

Trades should be lised first with their explantion

TRADE: Player Name- Position/Pick #: Explanation why the trade happens.

As far as I know for picks we have

1) Pick Name- Position: Explanation
                  2) Pick Name- Position: Explanation
                  4) Pick Name- Position: Explanation
                  6) Pick Name- Position: Explanation
                  7) Pick Name- Position: Explanation

Overall Point any positions still lacking after all these moves, or the overal status of the team. How it has improved. Stats are great so we can all peddle them off as our own research to our respective friends and family members.

(Semi)Final Assessment Going Into The 2008 Season: Short Blurb Any bold predicitons not to be made later...
                  Strengths: Positions or areas of strength or upgrades
                  Weaknesses: Positions or areas of weakness or lack of depth
                  Win- Loss Predicition for the season barring injury:

In short

Trades:
                  Picks:
                  Assessment:

Did you agree or decide for 30 days before the draft? March 27th? If you like this format we could just copy and paste it day of...If not feel free to post up another format.
                  QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• We have another 4th...
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• houston did show good promise, especially as a short yardage back, but yeah i hope chatman can help with that because we were clealry poor in short yardage situations

i think the shotty being more creative in 06 than 07 had to do with the backs he had, in 06 we were lacking at the RB position so he had to be creative, and in 07 we had more skill so he was more passive which i really didnt like (except when he used brad smith at qb a few times, i love that)

lavelle hawkins would be good i think as a slot reciever thats quick with good hands, but hes not the explosive WR we need but i would still be ok with it if others arent on the board

as for the gregory cox mock, i think it would be a solid draft, where we get a playmaker on offense and a speed demon at CB...but if that were the case in round 2 i think it would be a tough decision between porter and a WR like thomas/manningham...but also im not really a fan of eddie royal but idk what other WR would be there
                      JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                        BJoe, AlexD, Crickett: How's this for format? all the Bold

Overall Point any positions still lacking after all these moves, or the overal status of the team. How it has improved. Stats are great so we can all peddle them off as our own research to our respective friends and family members.

(Semi)Final Assessment Going Into The 2008 Season: Short Blurb Any bold predicitons not to be made later...

In short

Trades:
                        Picks:
                        Assessment:

Did you agree or decide for 30 days before the draft? March 27th? If you like this format we could just copy and paste it day of...If not feel free to post up another format.
                        I'm down...
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                          For anyone that has not listened to Scott Wright's podcast on the radio show he has been promoting on his main page I highly suggest you give last weeks a listen.

http://nick8.surfernetwork.com/Media.../Draft3508.mp3

He spends a good amount of his hour, probably at least 20 minutes, talking about how the Jet's FA signings have effected their draft status. He really seems set on ruling Gholston completely out for the Jets.

I downloaded it to my iPod and it's a good listen. That same site has another podcast from last week that talks strictly about the Jets which I plan on listening to. If you have free time, it's worth a listen.
                          Hey alex, how do ya get to the other jets one?? I listened to the first one, but couldn't figure out how to navigate to find the other one you mentioned where he talked strictly about the jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                            Hey alex, how do ya get to the other jets one?? I listened to the first one, but couldn't figure out how to navigate to find the other one you mentioned where he talked strictly about the jets.
                            Here you go.

http://nick8.surfernetwork.com/Media.../NYJCR3508.mp3

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                              BJoe, AlexD, Crickett: How's this for format? all the Bold

In short

Trades:
                              Picks:
                              Assessment:

I like that format. Sounds good to me.

Comment

• Ya, sounds good.

Little surprising news that i just heard per the nfl network: the jets plan to host free agent CB ty law in the upcoming days. Not sure why he'd rather come to the jets than the pats, but if he comes i would like it for a very small contract, which most likely won't sit with him.

He's a good guy to pair up with revis considering they are very close, but i just don't see him coming here. I wouldn't wanna give him more than a 1 year contract and im shocked the pats havn't signed him to one of their veteran paycut type of contracts.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information