Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That'd be great. It'd provide depth as well as a good mentor for Revis, Miller, Coleman, and possibly a rookie.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
      Ya, sounds good.

Little surprising news that i just heard per the nfl network: the jets plan to host free agent CB ty law in the upcoming days. Not sure why he'd rather come to the jets than the pats, but if he comes i would like it for a very small contract, which most likely won't sit with him.

He's a good guy to pair up with revis considering they are very close, but i just don't see him coming here. I wouldn't wanna give him more than a 1 year contract and im shocked the pats havn't signed him to one of their veteran paycut type of contracts.
      thats weird, the other day i mentioned that to my friend, like why hasnt ty law even been mentioned at all in free agency for any team? and then thoguth about signing him...i would like the move but agree not for very long...he could defintiely start across from revis and let miller/coleman develop and then the question would be where to draft a CB becuase it woudl create some clutter, especially with the woolfolk signing (idk if hell make the team when the time comes) and with barret still on the team (whats his deal? why is he still here? we really have to cut him already)
      JETS

Comment

• Not sure why he'd rather come to the jets than the pats
        maybe it was mangini that he loved...mangini did coach him as DB coach for a while

somehting that i just htought about though...maybe hes just doing this in an effort to get the pats to step up and come with a good offer soon
        JETS

Comment

• i heard from a friend that the jets and eagles were in talks for a trade: lito shepard for coles- but the jets were the ones who declined...just wanted to know if any one heard anything..
          "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
            i heard from a friend that the jets and eagles were in talks for a trade: lito shepard for coles- but the jets were the ones who declined...just wanted to know if any one heard anything..
            I would definitely take that but then we'd have to take a WR day 1
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• I think I'd do that trade to be honest...

That would then make the likes of Justin Miller or David Barrett (preferably Barett) expendable for a pick...
              Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                I think I'd do that trade to be honest...

That would then make the likes of Justin Miller or David Barrett (preferably Barett) expendable for a pick...
                I don't want to trade Justin Miller. He's got so much potential and was apparently improving before his injury. I doubt we trade him though because Mangini has a man-crush on him.

Comment

i heard from a friend that the jets and eagles were in talks for a trade: lito shepard for coles- but the jets were the ones who declined...just wanted to know if any one heard anything..
                  I hadn't heard that, but it's very interesting. It would leave a gaping hole at WR and it would certainly need to be addressed in the draft.

I don't think this is the last trade rumor we'll hear either. I have a feeling that amongst coles, pennington and drob that one of the 3 won't be with us this coming season.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• i would relaly like that, and then want to sign bryant johnson and still draft one on day 1
                    JETS

Comment

Marginal to moderate upgrade at CB and a gaping hole @ WR is not a good trade off. Even drafting a WR on Day one doesnt necessarily mean he can fill Coles' shoes.
                      J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                        I would definitely take that but then we'd have to take a WR day 1
                        Probably day two as well. People have been talking about a Laveranues Coles trade for a while, but his absence would leave a huge gaping hole in the offense and would turn the Jets from what will be a run first offense into a run only offense.

Lito Sheppard would be a great addition. He's a better corner than Coles is a WR IMO. But the Jets need Coles more.

Comment

• also, just to throw it out there, supposedly utecht and the jets are close to an agreement....any more rumors? thoughts? by the way, how do you attend the draft anyway? is it a lottery, first come first serve, buy tickets, etc? just wondering. thanks

Comment

also, just to throw it out there, supposedly utecht and the jets are close to an agreement....any more rumors? thoughts? by the way, how do you attend the draft anyway? is it a lottery, first come first serve, buy tickets, etc? just wondering. thanks
                            Not sure if they changed it, but it's usually been first come first serve. However, i beleive they have rooms you can rent in advance.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• i was thiking about this before, because i think it coud really effect where we go with the pick if...
                              lets say the falcons dont take matt ryan, what aare the odds the chiefs gtake him?

im not saying i think/want us to go matt ryan, but if gholston/c long/run DMC are all gone at 6, matt ryan would give us the best chance to trade down
                              JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                                i was thiking about this before, because i think it coud really effect where we go with the pick if...
                                lets say the falcons dont take matt ryan, what aare the odds the chiefs gtake him?

im not saying i think/want us to go matt ryan, but if gholston/c long/run DMC are all gone at 6, matt ryan would give us the best chance to trade down
                                i could see a team wanting to trade up with us to grab ryan...minnesota, detroit, chicago, baltimore are desperate for a qb..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information