Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No I dont want to trade Coles to the Lions I want the picks. If that trade went down it would be williams and the 15th pick for the 6th and that would equal value. Coles included would tip it in their favor immensely.

I want Roy Williams but not his FA a$$ next year.
    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
      No I dont want to trade Coles to the Lions I want the picks. If that trade went down it would be williams and the 15th pick for the 6th and that would equal value. Coles included would tip it in their favor immensely.

I want Roy Williams but not his FA a$$ next year.
      Very true. Williams would be great to nab in a trade like this, it almost makes sense. I personally don't see a reason why it couldn't happen, but i don't think it will. We'd have coles, cotch and williams; that should be enough of a security blanket for clemens' development. It would also allow us to live without coles should he end up on a different team.

It would than beg to ask who would we draft?? I would say with a WR of williams' caliber, we would definately go McKelvin, DRC or even talib depending on who the FO likes.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• New York Jets
        Depth Chart
        1. Wide Receiver: After talking about it for a couple of years they finally "jettisoned" Justin McCareins so depth is needed. If he keeps complaining about his contract Laveranues Coles could be gone too.
        2. Cornerback: Darrelle Revis looks like he's the real deal but Justin Miller seems like he has become a permanent fixture in the coaching staff's doghouse and there really is not a whole lot of depth either.
        3. Safety: Kerry Rhodes has quietly emerged as one of the premier safeties in the league but Erik Coleman bolted as a free agent and they will need to find someone better than Abram Elam next to him.
        Scott's Team Needs

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/fea...needs.html#nyj
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post

I would have to agree with the first two and definately the order they are in. We definately need a #1 WR, especially since it seems coles could be on the outs. I agree with a #2 CB being a need, but not for the reasons he gave. Justin Miller isn't in the doghouse with mangini, mangnini actually praised him for the strides he made in the offseason, I'm expecting a solid year at CB for this guy.

I disagree with the safety being a need. I think abram elam played quite well last year, especially since he didn't have a complete offseason to learn the defense. Eric smith also played quite admirably and i think those two together will make a good tandem. There is also the darkhorse in Darnell Bing who could challenge for a spot down the line, should he finally utilize all of his physical

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
            Very true. Williams would be great to nab in a trade like this, it almost makes sense. I personally don't see a reason why it couldn't happen, but i don't think it will. We'd have coles, cotch and williams; that should be enough of a security blanket for clemens' development. It would also allow us to live without coles should he end up on a different team.

It would than beg to ask who would we draft?? I would say with a WR of williams' caliber, we would definately go McKelvin, DRC or even talib depending on who the FO likes.
            i agree with taht but think woudl could also possibly go balmer, merling, groves, or harvey there...we have a lot of options there...but i would rather get a mckelvin DRC or jenkins
            JETS

Comment

I would have to agree with the first two and definately the order they are in. We definately need a #1 WR, especially since it seems coles could be on the outs. I agree with a #2 CB being a need, but not for the reasons he gave. Justin Miller isn't in the doghouse with mangini, mangnini actually praised him for the strides he made in the offseason, I'm expecting a solid year at CB for this guy.

I disagree with the safety being a need. I think abram elam played quite well last year, especially since he didn't have a complete offseason to learn the defense. Eric smith also played quite admirably and i think those two together will make a good tandem. There is also the darkhorse in Darnell Bing who could challenge for a spot down the line, should he finally utilize all of his physical
              wow i couldnt agree more, its weird cuz withotu seeing this, i said almost the same thing on the stickied thread in the NFL Draft Forum as a response to scott
              JETS

Comment

• FYI: NEWSDAY says we are only 4.5 millionunder the cap now...SO we really really need to unload some salary as we will likely need atleast that much to sign our draft picks...
                J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                  FYI: NEWSDAY says we are only 4.5 millionunder the cap now...SO we really really need to unload some salary as we will likely need atleast that much to sign our draft picks...

Well, cutting or trading DRob clears $7.7M if we take his entire hit this year. However, if we designate him as a post 6/1 cut, we would than split the cap hit in '08 and '09, we'd have $9.8M this year (this leaves a$2.1M residual hit in '09).

If we trade drob we must take the entire cap hit this year, so we'll most likely be an additional 7+ million under the cap, which leaves us a little more than 12 million under the cap. This should be more than enough to sign all of our rookies, but we may need a little more to give rhodes his big extension.

I'm not worried about it considering tannenbaum is a genius when it comes to the cap.

Comment

Well, cutting or trading DRob clears $7.7M if we take his entire hit this year. However, if we designate him as a post 6/1 cut, we would than split the cap hit in '08 and '09, we'd have $9.8M this year (this leaves a$2.1M residual hit in '09).

If we trade drob we must take the entire cap hit this year, so we'll most likely be an additional 7+ million under the cap, which leaves us a little more than 12 million under the cap. This should be more than enough to sign all of our rookies, but we may need a little more to give rhodes his big extension.

I'm not worried about it considering tannenbaum is a genius when it comes to the cap.
                    I agree about Tannenbaum. The one thing I do trust him with is the cap. However with signing the rookies, and posisble Utecht/Law & anyone else we could potentially run out of room fast.
                    J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                      I agree about Tannenbaum. The one thing I do trust him with is the cap. However with signing the rookies, and posisble Utecht/Law & anyone else we could potentially run out of room fast.
                      Utecht signed with the bengals, so we don't have to worry about him anymore, which is nice. I'm not sure what's gonna happy on the law front, but i personally hope nothing happens.

Comment

• i was dissapointed to here that the bengals signed utecth to an offer sheet, and i doubt the colts sign it but either way, we have to move on at TE...cottam? what do you guys think?
                        JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                          i was dissapointed to here that the bengals signed utecth to an offer sheet, and i doubt the colts sign it but either way, we have to move on at TE...cottam? what do you guys think?
                          I like cottam alot, but since we don't have a third we'd have to nab him in the top of the second and i'm not sure how i feel about that value. There's other guys to have in the lower rounds who are pretty decent prospects; Kellen Davis, Martin Rucker and i've heard Gary Barnidge is a guy whos rising up some boards who'll be a 6th round type of pick.

Comment

• I can't believe Martin Rucker is a late round prospect. Yeah his blocking may not be great but he's a great playmaking, receiving TE. Hopefully Bill O'Callahan can teach him how to block if we draft him.
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I like cottam alot, but since we don't have a third we'd have to nab him in the top of the second and i'm not sure how i feel about that value. There's other guys to have in the lower rounds who are pretty decent prospects; Kellen Davis, Martin Rucker and i've heard Gary Barnidge is a guy whos rising up some boards who'll be a 6th round type of pick.
                              yeah i agree, defintely wouldnt wnat to go for a TE (especially cottam) in the 2nd
                              JETS

Comment

Utecht signed with the bengals, so we don't have to worry about him anymore, which is nice. I'm not sure what's gonna happy on the law front, but i personally hope nothing happens.
                                i guess we are stuck with baker for another year...he is a decent blocker, but not a threat to anyone's secondary. as for law, i hope we don't get him again. we have other needs at this point and you know he is going to command a lot of $$. not signing utecht was a huge blow in my opinion. we should use a draft pick on a TE in the 3rd or 4th i guess.
                                "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information