Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Baker. I think if used correctly he could be a good TE. He has good hands he needs to improve his route running.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Does anyone know if Jeb Putzier was signed by anyone? I remember the Jets were interested in him a few years ago.

Comment

• yea i like baker, but i think we need another TE that can be an option in the passing game
        JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
          yea i like baker, but i think we need another TE that can be an option in the passing game
          Baker actually had the best hands on the team this year, but he wasn't allowed to run routes becuase our Oline was so inept. The fact that our oline is much improved, he won't have to chip the DE the entire time and will actually be able to run routes more often.

I wouldn't mind another big bodied TE who was a good blocker, but could be a threat in the red zone.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
            Baker actually had the best hands on the team this year, but he wasn't allowed to run routes becuase our Oline was so inept. The fact that our oline is much improved, he won't have to chip the DE the entire time and will actually be able to run routes more often.

I wouldn't mind another big bodied TE who was a good blocker, but could be a threat in the red zone.
            Carlson is going to be a great day 2 steal. He would do well for the Jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Carlson is going to be a great day 2 steal. He would do well for the Jets.
              I agree. I have no idea why he seems to falling on recent draft boards. I guess his straight-lined speed wasn't great, but he looked very fluid and smooth in his pass catching drills and his lateral mobility seems to be more than adequate..it's not justin keller type quickness, but it's nothing to laugh it. Notre dame has been producing some pretty good TEs the last few years and i think carlson should follow in the footsteps, he just seems like a football player.

I also like martin rucker a lot, but i would prefer carlson.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I like Carlson more than I liked Anthony Fasano, honestly.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• carlson and fasano to me are the same "prospect". i think both can thrive in the right environment. Zach Miller outplayed Olsen this year, and he ran a 4.9 i believe. Carlson won't stretch the seem, but not all TEs have to do that to be effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    I like Carlson more than I liked Anthony Fasano, honestly.
                    As do I. I like carlson a lot as a true football player and think he'd be a good fit in mangini's system. I never wanted vernon davis when a lot of people thought he was gonna be a jet, i just prefer the gritty athletic football players who'll be an assett in the running game and still be able to go out for passes.

Comment

• yeah i wasnt saying that i dont think baker is a good recieving TE i just think we should have two TEs who can catch, especially if baker leaves if we cant settle the contract disputes

and i also agree taht carlson would be great and i would really want him if we can get him day 2
                      JETS

Comment

• Wtf, Why Are The Jets Close To Signing Bubba Franks? He's A More Overrated, More Injury Prone, Older Version Of Chris Baker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Whatever happened to Darnell Bing the old USC safety? I heard that we signed him a few weeks back, but I haven't heard anything about him.

EDIT: Just found it on ESPN.

Jets January 15: Signed running back Alvin Banks, safety Darnell Bing, wide receivers David Clowney, Shaine Smith and Marco Thomas, cornerback Manny Collins, offensive linemen Stanley Daniels and Wayne Hunter, defensive tackle Thomas Johnson, linebacker Jerry Mackey and quarterback Brett Ratliff to future contracts.
                          Probably a practice squad guy next year, but you never know.
                          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                            Wtf, Why Are The Jets Close To Signing Bubba Franks? He's A More Overrated, More Injury Prone, Older Version Of Chris Baker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            He would most likely be signing a small contract, but i heard he's a favorite to sign with seattle. I wouldn't mind it, becuase the jets appear dead-set on running a two TE set, which i like a lot. Franks is still a good blocking TE and we will now have the ability to force our will upon the other team;

franks-Dbrick-Faneca-Mangold-Moore-Woody

..............................Trich
                            ...............................TJ

This is an oline that should be able to pick up most 3rd&4th and shorts without QB sneaking or lobbing it to coles. I like the move, assuming it's not for any real money.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                              Whatever happened to Darnell Bing the old USC safety? I heard that we signed him a few weeks back, but I haven't heard anything about him.

EDIT: Just found it on ESPN.

Probably a practice squad guy next year, but you never know.
                              He was only drafted a couple years ago and than was foolishly played out of position by the raiders. They tried playing him at OLB instead of his more natural position of safety and he kept getting injured; kind of like willie beamen from any given sunday. He than landed with the 49ers and i remember nolan saying he liked him a lot, but needed to see more of him and i think he was cut for roster space, but im not sure.

I'm assuming nothing has been talked about him, because of all the FA signings and the draft coming up. Once the preseason starts i would be we'll hear a lot of this kid; he has all the potential in the world. For this year i would hope he could atleast be a servicable backup and challenge for playing next year or so.

Comment

• Well, we can add on bubba franks to the list.

"Jets agreed to terms with TE Bubba Franks, formerly of the Packers.
                                Franks, 30, caught 18 passes for 132 yards (7.2 YPC) and three TDs in 2007 as Donald Lee's backup. He's slowed down quite a bit, but can still help in the run game. Franks will be the Jets' No. 2 tight end behind Chris Baker."

It seems as though mangini is dead set on running a multiple TE set and being able to oppose his will on other teams dline in the running game. Oline needed help, but now a pretty good runblocking TE and tony richardson, it seems as though he's not content running trick plays on 3rd&4th and short and wants to be able to pick them up by playing a little hardnosed football.
                                It's also a pretty telling sign that he wants to gain a little height in the redzone as well; utecht was 6'6 and franks is 6'6, i would imagine carlson or rucker would fit in nice in the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information