Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else think mangold deserves the C for offense?

and maybe shaun ellis for defense because hes a vet and has been here for a whiel, but idk about that
    JETS

Comment

• You know its slow when were still talking about who should be captain...

Any news on Coles?

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
        anyone else think mangold deserves the C for offense?

and maybe shaun ellis for defense because hes a vet and has been here for a whiel, but idk about that
        i would give it to mangold..its his 3rd year, and at this point who else are you going to give it to. as for defense, you have to give it to ellis. he is prob. the only guy who has been on the team for 5+ years straight anyway beside chad. on a different subject, im pissed that LC is getting a deal done..it just goes to show you that if you b!tch and moan you get what you want without even being one of the top 10 receivers in the league. broadwayjoe is right, why are you a captain? you are supposed to lead by example and show the newjacks to shut your mouth and win games..instead, veterans like coles continue to show the younger players that they always get what they want, even though they might not deserve it, but get it anyway because they have the franchise by the b*lls. its true, if LC goes we have nobody, but we could always trade for someone else and draft someone younger..that is just my opinion.
        "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
          i would give it to mangold..its his 3rd year, and at this point who else are you going to give it to.
          A QB....Chad's more deserving...Kellen might be too for the reasons Broadway listed. I'd also consider TJ.
          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
            A QB....Chad's more deserving...Kellen might be too for the reasons Broadway listed. I'd also consider TJ.
            Chad could be more deserving, but it would be sending kellen a bad message that the team respects the backup more than him...it might not be too bad, just as long as everyone agrees that kellen is the starter.

The team elects 6 captains i beleive, or something along those lines. Ben graham was one and a few other guys; not sure on the exact numbers or names, but theres a handful of them.

It's really starting to get interesting how the top of this draft is going to pan out. I know we had private workouts setup with matt ryan, gholston, avril, groves and mcfadden etc. I'm sure a lot is just playing the game and setting smoke screens, but it really is interesting to see where we're going.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Where'd all my fellow Jets fans go?
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                Where'd all my fellow Jets fans go?
                I went to study for midterms. Hopefully I'm back now. Although I've got that poly sci midterm on Thursday.....

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                  Where'd all my fellow Jets fans go?
                  march madness + dead spot in offseason
                  JETS

Comment

• Spilled water on my computer, killed it, had to get it fixed. I should be back in full swing by Monday.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                      Spilled water on my computer, killed it, had to get it fixed. I should be back in full swing by Monday.
                      Youch.

One thing I'm starting to get worried about The nightmare scenario of what if Vernon Gholston, Darren McFadden and Jake Long go #2, #4 & #5 and the Jets can't trade down?

Comment

• ive had vacation and have been in some interestin situations with the ladies so trying to work that out...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                          Youch.

One thing I'm starting to get worried about The nightmare scenario of what if Vernon Gholston, Darren McFadden and Jake Long go #2, #4 & #5 and the Jets can't trade down?
                          Ya, that is a rough situation to be in. We've been discussing it for a bit and it seems that no one can agree on where we would go; i wouldn't at all be surprised if we traded down, but took less value for it. Like trading down to the middle and than picking up just a second instead of a second and a third, or however the value works itself out.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                            Ya, that is a rough situation to be in. We've been discussing it for a bit and it seems that no one can agree on where we would go; i wouldn't at all be surprised if we traded down, but took less value for it. Like trading down to the middle and than picking up just a second instead of a second and a third, or however the value works itself out.
                            yeah i woulndt be surprised nor would i be so upset about trading down for a little lesss than value...we shouldnt pikc there for money and talent reasons

with thta scenario, 2 of the 3 of ellis dorsey and matt ryan (not sure who you have falcons taking at 3, and assuming that you have c long #1) which are all prospects taht teams would love to trade up for...in scotts blog he spoek aobut the possibility of trading up for sedrick ellis and pretty much the same goes for dorsey
                            JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              In my mind that is the worst possible scenario for us, and yes I believe we would get less value in trading down. But these things do have a way of working out sometimes. If we could end up trading into the middle of round 1 and getting Sweed, and possibly packaging the extra # 2 with our own and getting into the late 1st round to take Groves IMO I would be happy.
                              J. MESS

Comment

• 1. MIA Jake Long
                                2. STL Vernon Gholston
                                3. ATL Glen Dorsey
                                4. OAK Darren McFadden
                                5. KC (Probably not Chris Long) Ryan, Ellis, Clady, CB, etc.

Then we end up with Chris Long. As good of a prospect he is, if Gholston is still on the board after Miami then I think he will fall past the rams and then on to us. That'd be great.
                                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information