Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely agree BBD, I don't particularly like Clemens' awareness. That and his accuracy are his big question marks for me. That said, he won us some games and his arm strength and mobility are pluses. He's probably going to have to start for us this year, see if he can work through things and gain some experience. If he doesn't it sends a bad message to him. At the same time if he's not the QB of the future for us it really sets us back big time. Hopefully he matures this year and can run a mistake free offense and keept he defense honest with his arm. If he manages to do that I'll consider it a successful season.

Also, I found it amusing that Jerry Jones stated he will not trade up into the top 5 to get DMC. Wonder what happens if he slips to 6... I doubt anything happens but with all of the trade talk on this board I found it interesting.

Comment

• Looks like the Coles deal is finally settled.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3317177

Comment

• Yeah I'm pretty sure it is, I'm just not sure if it's an extension or a guarantee of the final two years because there's conflicting reports. Regardless, glad he can stop his complaining and play some football. Now we've got to get Rhodes done.

Comment

• They really do have to make sure they lock Rhodes up....

Comment

• Yeah I have a feeling Rhodes will be going into the season pretty unhappy if he doesn't have a new deal. Given he's arguably the team's best player, and definitely one of the best, he's really massively underpaid. Most of all we need to make sure we have this guy locked up for awhile, he's a huge playmaker for our defense and a team leader. On the bright side the franchise tag for safeties isn't huge and we can just keep him here and negotiate next offseason like that, but I'd rather just get it done. Mediocre safeties are getting ridiculous deals, look at Madieu Williams and Gibril Wilson. We should just lock him up before things start to get too far out of hand and we don't have the money to. Honestly it was a mistake not to extend him before this offseason IMO.

Comment

• hey guys, I am doing a fourm mock and I have the jets. So far I took D-Mac and Kentwan Balmer. Comments on these picks. Also, who should I take in the 3rd round.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• we dont have a pick in the 3rd.
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                  hey guys, I am doing a fourm mock and I have the jets. So far I took D-Mac and Kentwan Balmer. Comments on these picks. Also, who should I take in the 3rd round.
                  First two picks are very solid, i definately like Balkmer in the second, but we don't have a 3rd. We do have two 4ths though.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Completely agree BBD, I don't particularly like Clemens' awareness. That and his accuracy are his big question marks for me. That said, he won us some games and his arm strength and mobility are pluses. He's probably going to have to start for us this year, see if he can work through things and gain some experience. If he doesn't it sends a bad message to him. At the same time if he's not the QB of the future for us it really sets us back big time. Hopefully he matures this year and can run a mistake free offense and keept he defense honest with his arm. If he manages to do that I'll consider it a successful season.

Also, I found it amusing that Jerry Jones stated he will not trade up into the top 5 to get DMC. Wonder what happens if he slips to 6... I doubt anything happens but with all of the trade talk on this board I found it interesting.
                    he looked real good against Baltimore, then other times looked terrible. i think his inconsistencies come with inexperience. perhaps with more time he'll put it together.

a running game would help too of course. i expect to see strides this year. this year ill sit down and evaluate his game for a couple of games and break him down. after studying Eli, Rivers and Ben for 4 years id say i have developed a pretty good judgement at qb evaluation :)

first and foremost is ability to read defenses. i want to see if he develops that ability this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                      hey guys, I am doing a fourm mock and I have the jets. So far I took D-Mac and Kentwan Balmer. Comments on these picks. Also, who should I take in the 3rd round.
                      My only comment about McFadden was, "was Gholston off the board"? If so, the pick is just fine.

The thing about the Jets second round pick is us. Unless the Jets really blow and do something stupid like draft the same position in the second that they do in the first or draft a quarterback, its gonna be hard for them to blow barring a monster reach.

3-4 defensive end works
                      #2 cornerback works
                      #3 receiver who could develop into something more works
                      Pass rusher/running back - whichever they don't take in the first works
                      I don't like the idea of getting rid of Vilma and drafting an ILB this early, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world considering Barton's age.
                      Heck, even maybe another offensive line depending on how the team feels about Brandon Moore.

So basically

QB
                      LT
                      LG
                      C
                      Slow possession WR
                      Defensive player who doesn't fit the 3-4 well
                      Special teamer
                      Whatever position the Jets addressed in the first round
                      Ginormous reach

As long as they stay away from those, I would be happy with just about anyone. Except Mario Manningham.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        he looked real good against Baltimore, then other times looked terrible. i think his inconsistencies come with inexperience. perhaps with more time he'll put it together.

a running game would help too of course. i expect to see strides this year. this year ill sit down and evaluate his game for a couple of games and break him down. after studying Eli, Rivers and Ben for 4 years id say i have developed a pretty good judgement at qb evaluation :)

first and foremost is ability to read defenses. i want to see if he develops that ability this year.
                        He really did look fantastic in the Baltimore game, but as you said he's an inexperienced guy. Hopefully the supporting cast helps him. You hear people say that we're building an offense for Pennington, playaction passing and the like, but I disagree. I'd like to think we're building a run-first offense to help take pressure off of Clemens. We'll see what happens in the draft, a big play wideout could be a nice piece for the offense if we're trying to build something good for Clemens. If we can fortify the front seven and get a wideout I'll be very happy with the draft.

I'll definitely be interested to see what you think of Clemens after a couple of weeks this season. I do hope we don't ask him to do too much, and he gains some experience without losing confidence. Not looking for a breakout year, but a year where he manages games and learns how to play at the pro level.

I'd also be interested to see what you think of our defense, what we need to add and how you like the Pace addition (I wasn't around for that if you did say anything). I think if we help out the front 7 (pass rusher, beef at end) this draft and maybe even a corner because we've just got question marks across from Revis we could be solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                          My only comment about McFadden was, "was Gholston off the board"? If so, the pick is just fine.

The thing about the Jets second round pick is us. Unless the Jets really blow and do something stupid like draft the same position in the second that they do in the first or draft a quarterback, its gonna be hard for them to blow barring a monster reach.

3-4 defensive end works
                          #2 cornerback works
                          #3 receiver who could develop into something more works
                          Pass rusher/running back - whichever they don't take in the first works
                          I don't like the idea of getting rid of Vilma and drafting an ILB this early, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world considering Barton's age.
                          Heck, even maybe another offensive line depending on how the team feels about Brandon Moore.

So basically

QB
                          LT
                          LG
                          C
                          Slow possession WR
                          Defensive player who doesn't fit the 3-4 well
                          Special teamer
                          Whatever position the Jets addressed in the first round
                          Ginormous reach

As long as they stay away from those, I would be happy with just about anyone. Except Mario Manningham.
                          Gholston was off the board(beleave me I would have easily taken him if he was on the board.) and in round 4 I will take DB(I'm not sure if I should go CB or Safety) and WR(matbe Earl Bennet from Vandy?)

SPLOOSH

Comment

• If you're going DB I'd go corner over safety, and at WR I'd go for a big guy. Monk maybe if he's around? He can't be that much of a reach given his combo of size, speed, and production.

Comment

• I'm not sure if i've posted this before, but here is the little nfl film synopsis on the kellen vs. baltimore game; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqK5YbOzdg

It's basically just kellen in the 4th and shows how good he can be. When the oline gave him time (when they had a TE chipping and a RB staying back to block) he showed tremendous poise, his footwork was fine and he stepped up into the pocket and into his throw, delivering nice crisp, on the money passes. I don't know what happened the rest of the season, but this first game he was in, baltimore was considered a legit playoff threat and their defense was playing quite well at the time.

BBD, i know it's only a few throws, but what can you take away from this 4th quarter?? He didn't seem to have "happy feet" when he was given time, when he was rushed he stepped up in the pocket to buy a little more time and all his throws were on the money; especially the one to mccareins at the end of the game.

Kellen can make all the throws and shows good accuracy when given time, but we shall see if he can make the correct reads all season long, I'm excited to see what he's got.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I guess my theory is, as of now, D-Rob is getting cut with us recieving no compensation and Penny will be in TC and we'll see what happens from there. Don't see us doing much more in FA, right now the FO needs to concentrate on keeping Rhodes long-term before he raises his value to ridiculous levels (we need to cut D-Rob first) and the draft. Hoping for anything more than that is just being very hopeful though IMO.
                                i agree completely...i seee us cutting drob but i would really take anything in a trade for him if its draft day and if its before that i would want liek a 5th or 6th for him...i woudl defintely trade penningotn but i mentioned before why i dont think he will get traded...and as for rhodes, we NEED to lock him up long term, hes the best player on our team and we cant have him unahppy, yes we can franchise him next year but he still wont be happy and thtne were constantly in the same situation with him year aftre year which i dont want
                                JETS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information