Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if we trade down, what do we get out of cincy??

at nine im pickin either Harvey, Sweed, DRC, McKelvin or maybe Merling...ill continue when you say what else we get for trading down

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
      if we trade down, what do we get out of cincy??

at nine im pickin either Harvey, Sweed, DRC, McKelvin or maybe Merling...ill continue when you say what else we get for trading down
      I'm thinking we'd just pick up their third and that's enough for me to be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
        I'm thinking we'd just pick up their third and that's enough for me to be honest.
        I'd be happy with a third as well. Only moving down three spots outside of the top five, Im not even sure the Jets would get that much.

But I will say this. What if McKelvin and DRC are gone at #9? Its not likely, but if Matt Ryan plummets, it could happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          I'd be happy with a third as well. Only moving down three spots outside of the top five, Im not even sure the Jets would get that much.

But I will say this. What if McKelvin and DRC are gone at #9? Its not likely, but if Matt Ryan plummets, it could happen.
          I agree its unlikely, but don't you think Baltimore drafts Ryan at #8? I think if Ryan's there at 9 and we like him I'd be alright with taking him there. Otherwise I think I'd go with whoever the best wideout on our board is, can't think of anything much better. Wouldn't mind OL if we like the value either.

By the way, pick value chart says we should get a fifth and a sixth/seventh as well. Given Cincy has so many picks they might not mind, but I'd still definitely be alright with just the third.

Comment

I agree its unlikely, but don't you think Baltimore drafts Ryan at #8? I think if Ryan's there at 9 and we like him I'd be alright with taking him there. Otherwise I think I'd go with whoever the best wideout on our board is, can't think of anything much better. Wouldn't mind OL if we like the value either.

By the way, pick value chart says we should get a fifth and a sixth/seventh as well. Given Cincy has so many picks they might not mind, but I'd still definitely be alright with just the third.
            actually, the pick value chart says he difference between 6 and 9 is 250 (equals high 3rd round, 68 exactly), bengals pick at 77 i believe (205), so we would also probably get 45 more points (or a low 4th round pick), the bengals have a high 5th so we could swap 1sts, get their high 3 (77), their high 5, and possibly like a low 7...ill tkae that depneding on whos left, almost definitely
            JETS

Comment

• Peronsally, im not to sold on getting out of the 6 to the 9th pick inless there is not a top 5 selection available. Call me greedy, but I just dont think I can accept DRC or McKelvin at 6. This is just my own opinion. Its too much money for not a spectacular value. So if we are targetting a cornerback, trade out of the 6. If not, im stayin put. But who am I to talk? Im some mizly Jew from long island...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

After what has happened with Brady Quinn last year, I wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore makes a wtf pick and pass on him.

Comment

After what has happened with Brady Quinn last year, I wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore makes a wtf pick and pass on him.
                  Good point. As I said I wouldn't mind Ryan if we're interested as I trust what the FO is doing, although I would prefer looking in other directions.

Comment

• While we are talking about trading down (again only if our targets are off the board), how about # 6 and DRob to Denver for # 12 and their 2nd rounder (#42). Not sure if Denver would want DRob and # 6. We may have to throw in a conditional pick in there to make it work (assuming they would take a DT there). Then I think Sweed would be a good value at 12.
                    J. MESS

Comment

Peronsally, im not to sold on getting out of the 6 to the 9th pick inless there is not a top 5 selection available. Call me greedy, but I just dont think I can accept DRC or McKelvin at 6. This is just my own opinion. Its too much money for not a spectacular value. So if we are targetting a cornerback, trade out of the 6. If not, im stayin put. But who am I to talk? Im some mizly Jew from long island...

I agree with you. IMO there are 7 guys in this draft worthy of us taking there unfortunately 2 of them are DT which we don't need and shouldnt take (seeing how much $$ we have invested in Jenkins). So if the other 5 are gone we should trade down even if we dont get full value. better to get an extra pick than overpay for someone at 6.
                      J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                        Since it doesnt look like your division is scary with WRs anymore, a CB in the first isnt really needed IMO. And since there really isnt a sure DE in the 3-4 worth #6, i think a trade down would make alot of sense. Although im not a real big fan of Merling, I think that he would be a good pick in the mid 1st for you. I know that its really hard to say that Dallas would do this, but trading two firsts, and a future 1st would be good for #6.

#22 Phillip Merling
                        #28 Branden Albert
                        #36 James Hardy
                        #68 Ahytba Rubin
                        #98 Jack Ikegwuonu......
                        You have to admit if it happened that would be a sick draft though
                        I would absolutely HATE that draft...
                        22: I dont liek merling to play DE in the 34 and he wouldnt be as effective outside.
                        PICK CHANGED TO: LIMAS SWEED WR

28:Why would the Jets invest a 1st rd pick into a G when he wouldnt start this year and probably not next year. even if you project him at OT hes not a powerful mauling RT which is what we need not another DBRICK.
                        PICK CHANGED TO: QUENTIN GROVES OLB

36: I like Hardy and I think this was the only pick you made I liekd. But I think if you are going to invest in a WR who has a lot of ?s then why not take Sweed who everyone knows WHEN HEALTHY is a Roy Williams clone who could be a true #1. Hardy reminds me more of Brandon Marshall which is great but I think his risk and bust potetial is greater than sweeds injury concerns...the jerts also wouldnt need to push sweed to risk the injury having coles and cotchery they could use him situationally and prevent him from going over the middle...lets face it sweed was a top 10 pick before the injury its way better value than hardy who again I like.
                        PICK CHANGED TO: KENTWAN BALMER DE

68: The Jets traded for Kris Jenkins and DONT HAVE A 3rd pick. They also love Pouha as his backup...why take Rubin who is strong but unporven coming from iowa st and a shaky program...I used to like rubin before we signed jenkins. even after my draft the jets have needs at ILB CB RB. They also have 2 4th rd picks.
                        PICK CHANGED TO: NO ONE THEY DONT HAVE A PICK

98: Ikegwuonu is interesting but his character concerns will probably scare the jets away. he also has devlopmental questions so I don like the pick. I think in the 4th rd they take a good #2 CB who held his own and is probably a better cover cb than Ikegwunu.
                        PICK CHANGED TO: TRAE WILLIAMS CB

2nd pick in the 4th RD.: I think the Jets could go one of two ways....an ILB like Jonathan Goff or a RB of the future who is a lot like TJ. Tashard Choice. I will defer to the offensive pick this time bc the Jets need offensive help and depth for the future where as the D looks more promising. Still I think Jonathan Goff would give us a great ILB for a while...while RB can addressed in FA or the draft next year as TJ will be under contract passed next year
                        PICK CHANGED TO: TASHARD CHOICE RB

The Jets have a lot of needs and I agree trading down makes economical and football sense. I really just think your picks are outdated (meaning they would have looked great about 2 months ago) and not what the Jets need moving forward.
                        QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

I think Quinns falling had mostly to do with Cam Cameron and the Dolphins stupidity after their pick no one could afford or really needed to take a QB. Then when teams that needed a QB started to come into the picture the browns traded up to spear head the pick.

With Ryan I think odds are they take him but if they pass like the dolphins (logic somehow being that they drafted Troy Smith last year and he looked decent so they may want to give him a shot)...though if ryans there I cant see them passing and having two viable options and more likely a starter in Ryan and a good backup in Smith
                          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

Peronsally, im not to sold on getting out of the 6 to the 9th pick inless there is not a top 5 selection available. Call me greedy, but I just dont think I can accept DRC or McKelvin at 6. This is just my own opinion. Its too much money for not a spectacular value. So if we are targetting a cornerback, trade out of the 6. If not, im stayin put. But who am I to talk? Im some mizly Jew from long island...
                            well who would you recommend at 6 if the "top 5" arent there?
                            JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                              While we are talking about trading down (again only if our targets are off the board), how about # 6 and DRob to Denver for # 12 and their 2nd rounder (#42). Not sure if Denver would want DRob and # 6. We may have to throw in a conditional pick in there to make it work (assuming they would take a DT there). Then I think Sweed would be a good value at 12.
                              we would also have to throw in a late rounder probably, but i could maybe see the broncos doing this if...

1. dorsey/ellis are there, in which case they would prob prefer a pick to drob
                              2. if matt ryan is gone...so that they can draft clady/otah (because ravens may go OT, if matt ryan isnt there)
                              JETS

Comment

• what would you guys think if you drafted Early Doucet in round 4? I only ask b/c of the fourm mock I mentioned earlier(on page 147).

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information