Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i despise Chad Johnson, i would argue he is one of the major parts of the problems with the Bengals these days- T.O. at least is a winning player, Chad hasnt done sh*t in his career besides be a distraction.... no thanks

^^Sig From Nvot9
    J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Can anyone see a trade like-

Jets give-
      Dewayne Robertson
      #6 overall

Eagles give-
      Lito Sheppard
      #19 overall
      3rd rounder

I'm not sure if the trade would work without the 3rd rounder cuz isnt Sheppard's value like a bottom 1st early 2nd?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
        If Robertson was willing to restructure his deal, he'd probably be a Bengal right now.
        May be true...but his value (both in trades & contract) have taken a tumble since then. doesn help when you failed multiple physicals.
        J. MESS

Comment

• it sounds like the teams who are actually interested in d-rob want him for free. and at this point, he is going be acquired by a team for next to nothing. the only way lito sheppard was going to come here was if there was some kind of package deal with a pick + coles..other than that, i cant see philly being that dumb.
          "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• we are not getting lito sheppard im positive...too much value

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
              it sounds like the teams who are actually interested in d-rob want him for free. and at this point, he is going be acquired by a team for next to nothing. the only way lito sheppard was going to come here was if there was some kind of package deal with a pick + coles..other than that, i cant see philly being that dumb.
              Why? According to the trade value chart, that trade would put Lito's value at very early second round level, which sounds about right. And that assumes Robertson's value as very late sixth round.

Comment

• What would you guys think of this deal?

NY Jets receive:
                Pick #78 (3rd Rd)

NO Saints receive:
                DT Dewayne Robertson
                Pick #102 (4th Rd)

That value roughly adds up to a very early 4th round pick (#98).

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  What would you guys think of this deal?

NY Jets receive:
                  Pick #78 (3rd Rd)

NO Saints receive:
                  DT Dewayne Robertson
                  Pick #102 (4th Rd)

That value roughly adds up to a very early 4th round pick (#98).
                  I'd love it as a Jets fan. Probably not so much as a Saints fan because of Robertson's cap number.

Comment

I'd love it as a Jets fan. Probably not so much as a Saints fan because of Robertson's cap number.
                    I second this. That deal is more than enough compensation for D-Rob, especially with his massive contract (obviously it would be more appealing for other teams if he reworked it). Interesting that there seems to be some interest in Robertson as the draft gets closer hopefully the Jets manage to get something.

Comment

• I think the reason why there happens to be so much interest is because D-Rob can be got for cheap value and can be a starter (a great one is another questions)...I can see it happening draft day...

Whats your take on Jared Allen getting traded? Because its looking like if that goes through....we are ******..

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think if he gets traded were still fine...I think it gives KC more room to pick who they want bc his tender is 2 1st rd picks. With that trade and then pick I think they take Matt Ryan and use Vikings or whoever they trade him to's pick to go OT or DT. They would have that flexibility. I also dont think the trade will go down before draft day. More likely after the Cheifs pick

My question is what does everyone think of Jerome Simpson, should we not get James Hardy or a Limas Sweed Sized WR? Simpson is 62 200 4.45. He has 11 inch hands and crazy long arms. He can jump out of the gym and while he wont be physically as big as Hardy or Sweed he migth play closer to their size than his measurables would indicate as he holds Carolina records for broad and high jump. I have him on the Jets WR chart as 4. behind Sweed Hardy and Kelly Not as 4th best WR but best fit for what our Wideout need is...size with decent speed (ala not dwayne jarret)

I also like Paul Hubbard in the later rounds. For all those who like Monk, while he has all I look for the 2 knee surguries IN 1 YEAR are SCARY and he really showed me nothing in the bowl game despite team keying on McFadden and Jones. I just think he is the most one dimentional of the tall WR type need we have, at least the rest while all red zone threats have an added value in another part of their game, monk would just be a redzone WR.

Thoughts on WRs for Jets?...I really dont want to hear about the next LC or JC bc essentially if your talking about a 5'11 or 6'0 WR who has good hands and decent YAC I will blow my brains out as we do not need that...I could see an argument for a smaller but speedy WR who can stretch the field but honestly where did the Jets screw up more last season? when they were in the redzone and couldnt score or on their own 20 and didnt have santana moss breeaking 80 yard TD catches? I just think small speedy WR who are possesion guys otherwise are not as good FOR THE JETS as the aforementioned taller WRs. Basically unless you guarantee me Steve Smith or give me that very good potentially I say no to that smaller poss WR.

You?
                        Last edited by hcbrad08; 04-20-2008, 05:55 PM.
                        QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

Why? According to the trade value chart, that trade would put Lito's value at very early second round level, which sounds about right. And that assumes Robertson's value as very late sixth round.
                          yeah, but robertson is a proven bust..don't get me wrong i would love to have lito shepart, its just that he is an above average player, and no team is this league is going to make that trade for a player who was supposed to be great, but was only great in college. then only coach i can see doing that is shanahan, because he took risks in the past and some worked, some didn't.
                          "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• In all of Wright's mock drafts he had us taking James Hardy in the 2nd. No doubt he seems to be the perfect big red zone threat wr that we need. However, there are some legit character concerns. Do you guys think his off field issues are enough to have us pass on him if hes there in the 2nd? Or even if hes draftable at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Jehuty View Post
                              In all of Wright's mock drafts he had us taking James Hardy in the 2nd. No doubt he seems to be the perfect big red zone threat wr that we need. However, there are some legit character concerns. Do you guys think his off field issues are enough to have us pass on him if hes there in the 2nd? Or even if hes draftable at all.

Well as always it depends on who else is on the board. Unless there is a big dropoff in talent I suspect they will always go with the character guy.
                              J. MESS

Comment

• It almost sounds like a lock that no one worthwhile will be available at our pick, sadly. Hopefully, if that happens, we'll be able to get a deal in place to move down.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information