Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boys honestly....we cant say anything untill we are on the draft clock....i think its going to be fun and its going to come down essentially to what is oakland going to do....and following that, what is KC going to do (jared allen etc.).

as for James Hardy, I dont think we can worry about his character concerns because honestly, New England took a chance with Randy Moss and Corey Dillon and ya i may get flack for this for relating to NE but honestly, I wouldn't count it out. I love james hardy and think he can be the big daddy in NY and we have worked him out a lot so im pretty stoked...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Jake Long is off the board

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsess...o&confirm=true
      J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
        To me, thats a good thing in that he was going to be off the board anyway. The only thing I think we have to worry about now is that the Chiefs will draft a DE fifth overall to replace Jared Allen should the Raiders go McFadden 4th overall.

Comment

• I honestly think we're in pretty good shape right now. One of Gholston, McFadden, Dorsey, Ryan, and Chris Long is going to be on the board at our pick.

The only guy I don't see us taking at all is Dorsey, and he's probably gone by pick 3 anyways. If he is there Cincinnati and New Orleans (maybe Denver) should be calling us and we can get something decent for the pick.

I'm not sold we want Ryan but if we have doubts about the QB position he's a good pick and if not teams like Baltimore, maybe Carolina who we have a good trading relationship with will want to move up.

McFadden we may have a tough time moving down if he's there but he could be a playmaker for our offense.

Chris Long is one of the best players in this draft if not the best and I think we should take him if he's there but if we don't want him there should be a lot of trade offers to move up and get him, same as with Gholston on the board. I think we should pull the trigger but there will be offers.

I'm thinking one way or another we'll be in pretty solid shape come draft day.

On another topic, what does everyone think of our supposed interest in Jonathan Stewart? I really think we should let our backs run behind our supposedly improved offensive line and from this draft want some defensive talent (corner, ILB, pass rusher, some DL talent wouldn't hurt), a wideout, and depth on the O-line along with possibly some competition at quarterback. Wouldn't mind a tight end or a big back if value presented itself.

Comment

• Im with derza....i want defense...also with a possible wideout thrown in there...my ideal draft is this

1. Chris Long
            2. James Hardy
            4. Chevis Jackson
            4. Rodrick Johnson
            4. Eric Foster

This is pending the D-Rob trade goin down...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
              Im with derza....i want defense...also with a possible wideout thrown in there...my ideal draft is this

1. Chris Long
              2. James Hardy
              4. Chevis Jackson
              4. Rodrick Johnson
              4. Eric Foster

This is pending the D-Rob trade goin down...
              That's a pretty nice mock. I'm thinking I like something along the lines of (if we get Chris Long I'm with you YNM I'm going streaking)

1. Chris Long
              2. Tracy Porter/Brandon Flowers (can't decide whether I want physicality or speed/coverage ability but I like the ball skills of both)
              4. Marcus Monk
              4. Beau Bell

Figured I wouldn't put a D-Rob trade. Another strong possibility is a guy like Greco replacing Bell and then Foster later, I really love him for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post

On another topic, what does everyone think of our supposed interest in Jonathan Stewart? I really think we should let our backs run behind our supposedly improved offensive line and from this draft want some defensive talent (corner, ILB, pass rusher, some DL talent wouldn't hurt), a wideout, and depth on the O-line along with possibly some competition at quarterback. Wouldn't mind a tight end or a big back if value presented itself.
                Like I said in another thread, with Jones and Washington in the backfield there is no reason to draft a RB unless its McFadden because he's an elite talent. I think it would be a wasted pick to draft a RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naked Jehuty View Post
                  Like I said in another thread, with Jones and Washington in the backfield there is no reason to draft a RB unless its McFadden because he's an elite talent. I think it would be a wasted pick to draft a RB.

I agree 100%. Don;t forget we signed Chatman for depth too.
                  J. MESS

Comment

• looks like Baker left the OTAs over $$$

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04232008...oop_107655.htm
                    J. MESS

Comment

• D-Mac is an elite prospect with elite speed. But so was Reggie Bush. If we draft D-Mac. We'll find a way eventually to get rid of his best friend Thomas Jones. Because of the contract we gave him. I'm just against drafting him. I'd take Marshawn Lynch over McFadden.

And if this is a copy cat league. Give me a Vernon Gholston (G-Men).

These media people throw out "Once in a decade prospect" comments too easily. I agreed with A.D. Looking at things if he can survive his own violent running style.
                      Last edited by katnip; 04-23-2008, 05:07 PM.
                      Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                        D-Mac is an elite prospect with elite speed. But so was Reggie Bush. If we draft D-Mac. We'll find a way eventually to get rid of his best friend Thomas Jones. Because of the contract we gave him. I'm just against drafting him. I'd take Marshawn Lynch over McFadden.

And if this is a copy cat league. Give me a Vernon Gholston (G-Men).

These media people throw out "Once in a decade prospect" comments too easily. I agreed with A.D. Looking at things if he can survive his own violent running style.
                        The difference is that Darren McFadden seems like someone who could break a tackle without the help of a second defensive player knocking away the first (yes, that did happen to Reggie). I'd much prefer Vernon Gholston too, but there is a very good chance that he won't be there.

As for Baker....... wow, I don't think I've ever heard of a worse player holding out of camp for more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          That's a pretty nice mock. I'm thinking I like something along the lines of (if we get Chris Long I'm with you YNM I'm going streaking)

1. Chris Long
                          2. Tracy Porter/Brandon Flowers (can't decide whether I want physicality or speed/coverage ability but I like the ball skills of both)
                          4. Marcus Monk
                          4. Beau Bell

Figured I wouldn't put a D-Rob trade. Another strong possibility is a guy like Greco replacing Bell and then Foster later, I really love him for us.
                          well let me tell you, beau bell is definately on my list becuase i have him higher then rodrick, but i dont know if he can last till the 4th. Because that guy in my eyes is late 2nd round value early 3rd. So thats another guy that id jump like a panzy for. As for the corner in the second, I prefer Tracy Porter. I just feel brandon flowers has way to bad of a rep to see him on the gang green. IF we cannot get James Hardy in the second, then Marcus Monk is a great fit. Tall strong and has those Tanginiables, so I am with you.

But, now that Jared Allen is gone, im thinking the Gang Green Is SCREWED. If your a jets fan, your praying that Glenn Dorsey goes number two. This then frees our top 3 to oakland kc and us. DON'T be shocked if we move up. I can see a possible deal sending DRob and a 4th and next years 3rd to KC to swap picks OR a possible with ATL. Atlanta is getting a lot of offers and is listening. SO don't be surprised if we move up or down come saturday.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yea. Baker's average at best.
                            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              The difference is that Darren McFadden seems like someone who could break a tackle without the help of a second defensive player knocking away the first (yes, that did happen to Reggie). I'd much prefer Vernon Gholston too, but there is a very good chance that he won't be there.

As for Baker....... wow, I don't think I've ever heard of a worse player holding out of camp for more money.
                              agreeing with you, who the **** is chris baker to hold out. shut your mouth and go play you chad johnson wannabe. I mean usually love muffin maker, but he is being a panzy right now.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think we all agree McFadden is only a possibility if Long or Gholston aren't there

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information