Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always does around this time. Waiting for training camp.

Comment

• the football magazines for the season are coming out, so that is providing some reading material. I get so annoyed when i buy a mag for the $9 and some of the stuff is just so stupid. Lists for the top at each position are especially draining. I'll point out 2 key ones from this mag: Ray Lewis still the top MLB, and Bernard Pollard the #4 Strong Saftey. That's right, Pollard, above Adrian Wilson and LaRon Landry among others. (Keep note that it is just SS, but still).

So i ask, is Pollard extremely good? I'm not going to say i saw more than i think 2 chief games all the way through, but i didn't really point him out at any point. He's one place behind Kerry Rhodes, and i'd say i notice Rhodes pretty fast when watching the Jets D.

Maybe i'm wrong, but that seems like a little glitch that makes a mag lose respectability pretty fast

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Our thread is very slow.

In other news Pennington is selling his long island house for 4.095 mil...
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• New York Jets Discussion War Room

How did the NYJ Discussion thread get closed DURING THE SLOWEST PART OF THE YEAR!...I could understand if it was draft time or close to the season but really, come on? Heres a new General Jets Thread

To start:
          http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...960.xml&coll=1

Im not so much interested with John Lynch so much as I am with the fact that Victor Hobson got cut, to all of those who said WE HAVE TO MOVE HIM INSIDE we shouldnt cut him...He didn't help your cause. The Pats cut him bc he couldnt hack it OLB and they tried him at ILB and he was terrible.

In other news, I was extremely surprised at the Posciask cut, and where did he sign...BIG SURPRISE, New England.

Bummer News: Chatman got suspended for steroid use (masking agetn, illegal dieuretic) I dont know but I was wondering why he was playing well in the preseason.
          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Pociask could end up being a nice complement to Ben Watson in NE which would suck for us. He's already a good H-Back, Blocking TE, he just had to work on his receiving skills.
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Thread unlocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Thread unlocked.
                Oh thank god. It just hasn't been right seeing it locked even though we didn't use it much in the dead period after the draft.

Comment

• It's gameday! Very excited for the season to start, though I won't be able to watch the game since I don't get it down at school I'll be following it very closely on some site, nfl.com most likely. Anybody that has any thoughts based on how people played instead of just the stat sheet would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• i won't be at my computer while i watch the game or i would help you out, sorry bud.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                      It's gameday! Very excited for the season to start, though I won't be able to watch the game since I don't get it down at school I'll be following it very closely on some site, nfl.com most likely. Anybody that has any thoughts based on how people played instead of just the stat sheet would be greatly appreciated.
                      You should get a slingbox. I have had one the last 2 years when I am at college out of state. Truly worth it.

Go Jets!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                        You should get a slingbox. I have had one the last 2 years when I am at college out of state. Truly worth it.

Go Jets!
                        I've strongly considered it, almost purchased one this offseason actually. However, I understand it's going to be tough to get it working because my cable box and router at home are incredibly far apart. Hopefully I'll figure something out, for the moment I'm going to try to hit some sports bars with friends once everyone's acclimated and just hope I can find a streaming clip.

What do you guys think the biggest matchup this game is? I've got to say it's our front 7 against the Dolphins offensive line, especially in the run game. If we can dominate up front and stop the run I don't really think they have much of a chance. Also looks like Lowery will start today, hopefully he can hold his own out there. Not like the Dolphins really have any stud wideouts so a poor performance is magnified some. Hopefully he can get his hands on a couple of Pennington floaters.

Comment

• What happened to Nugent. I missed the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                            What happened to Nugent. I missed the first.
                            Seems like his left leg slid on his plant on a FG attempt in the first. I believe they said it was a quad. Hopefully it's just a pull and we don't have to sign a guy this season.

EDIT:

Incredible pair of PD's in the end zone by Lowery.
                            Last edited by derza222; 09-07-2008, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• REVIS IS GOD. that is all

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                                REVIS IS GOD. that is all
                                and Dwight Lowery is Jesus

Sig by Me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information