Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TimDris View Post
    i have my fingers crossed for either smith or elam stepping up. but if barrett can prove he play FS then that'd be great
    While his size isn't ideal for safety, I think Barrett could prove to be a better fit than either elam or smith at safety this year. They are both obvious in the box safeties that are week in coverage. Barrett can obviously cover enough for safety because he could still be an adequate nickel corner. As I've said earlier I want a better coverage safety to free up Rhodes to roam.

    Comment


    • I really cannot pinpoint one part of the game where the jets played terribly...I can tell you they are poorly coached on the offensive side of the ball. Brian Schottenheimer's play calling is poor to say the least. I think hes gone after this season....

      If you dont agree:
      -Long pass-->RUN
      -Long Run--> RUN

      he is way too predicatble and doesn't use thomas jones and leon in the right ways.

      Also whenever Jenkins comes out of the game the opposing team runs right at Pouha... Get some extra guys up there (get 1 guy) the dolphins did it and the pats did it a lot today.
      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

      Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

      Comment


      • Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
        I really cannot pinpoint one part of the game where the jets played terribly...I can tell you they are poorly coached on the offensive side of the ball. Brian Schottenheimer's play calling is poor to say the least. I think hes gone after this season....

        If you dont agree:
        -Long pass-->RUN
        -Long Run--> RUN

        he is way too predicatble and doesn't use thomas jones and leon in the right ways.

        Also whenever Jenkins comes out of the game the opposing team runs right at Pouha... Get some extra guys up there (get 1 guy) the dolphins did it and the pats did it a lot today.
        Agreed, they were just extremely flat. THe early FG miss deflated them and they never re-energized



        Sig by Me

        Comment


        • Yeah our play calling does suck. Its just terrible at times. 3 runs in a row when its 1st and goal inside the 5. I mean seriously why wouldn't you try a PA or something.

          Chansi Stuckey is an interesting guy right now. I expect him and Favre to get some great chemistry as the year progresses.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

          Comment


          • The Jets defense is scary good. The pass rush was devastating against us and we couldn't really run the ball effectively until the fourth quarter. Kerry Rhodes is still an absoulte monster and Calvin Pace was really impressive, too.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              The Jets defense is scary good. The pass rush was devastating against us and we couldn't really run the ball effectively until the fourth quarter. Kerry Rhodes is still an absoulte monster and Calvin Pace was really impressive, too.
              At times the Defense was great but then again when we got gashed by the run in the 4th we werent so great.

              Comment


              • ughhhhhh come on now....

                i wanted it to be at least a bit closer
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

                Comment


                • We suck again this year....don't we? :(

                  Comment


                  • Nice sig......

                    But come on Zim, you looked at the schedule before the season started right? Just by being a realist, you knew they were probably going to go 1-2 their first 3 games.

                    Look at the next two, Oakland and KC, both very winnable games, followed by a critical game against Buffalo.

                    Miami just crushed NE, and we get a second shot right after we play STL. Its only week 4. It also helps when you look around at how banged up the AFC is this year.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                      Nice sig......

                      But come on Zim, you looked at the schedule before the season started right? Just by being a realist, you knew they were probably going to go 1-2 their first 3 games.

                      Look at the next two, Oakland and KC, both very winnable games, followed by a critical game against Buffalo.

                      Miami just crushed NE, and we get a second shot right after we play STL. Its only week 4. It also helps when you look around at how banged up the AFC is this year.
                      Conceivably, going into week 9 we could be 5-2 with wins against Arizona, Cinci, Oakland, and KC. Then after a tough one against Buffalo, we play against St Louis, one of the more inept teams in the league. i won't look ahead any more than i already have because I've already looked ahead more than I should. The point that Alec made is true, its too early to say we suck again. We have a talented team we just lost to a very good opponent. If they stay relatively healthy i expect the team to only get better as the new guys continue to build chemistry.

                      Comment


                      • The New York Jets, in yet another attempt to bolster their pass rush, have resigned former punter Ben Grahm. However, with Reggie Hodges already listed as the starter, the Jets will move the 6-5 235 former Australian football star to OLB. Unorthodox yes, but Mangini and the Jets believe that with ability to put a weird back spin on the ball will give him some kind of edge rushing off the corner.


                        He will still handle holding duties for field goals.

                        Comment


                        • I feel good about the start of the 08 season. as you guys said the next few games are against less then average teams and i see alot of potential so far. darrell revis has done an amazing job on guys like randy moss ,larry fitzgerald ,and chris cambers. and our pass rush has been amazing. as long as farve and the offense can get some more chemestry each week were gonna b a very good team.

                          Comment


                          • Last year we were making jokes about the Jets not being able to handle the bye week.

                            6 TD passes last week? I didn't get to see the game because I was watching Mets (ugh).

                            WHat happened to the D? They really let up it looks like after a great start.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                              Last year we were making jokes about the Jets not being able to handle the bye week.

                              6 TD passes last week? I didn't get to see the game because I was watching Mets (ugh).

                              WHat happened to the D? They really let up it looks like after a great start.
                              They played great in the first half, really looked elite. Then they just gave up the middle of the field and Warner cut them apart.

                              Comment


                              • The first half the D was in Warner's face and in his head. The pass rush was solid. In the second half, the team really seemed to become casual, thinking the game was over. The Cardinal offense is a really good one, and once they hit rhythm they were hard to stop. The D letting up mentally was a key factor, but the Cardinal offense picked the team apart, plain and simple.


                                Is anyone else as stocked about Revis as i am. I'm loving his game this season (not to say i didn't love it last year, but i'm just getting more and more pumped)


                                Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

                                Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information