• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    you guys got lucky! :)

yeah your gift to the officials better be a good one

Comment

• wow. well lets not give leon the ball more. when he gets it he's nasty but no no no we only give him the ball 3 times... they need to give him more chances
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• one of the least satisfying wins i have ever experienced

Sig by Me

Comment

• Good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
            Good game.
            It was the Bowe show today.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
              It was the Bowe show today.
              Did you see that Chiefs passing stat? He had 34 receptions and the next closest WR had 5? Man, we need another WR.

That was kind of an aside.. great game. :)

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I agree, although we won, that is about as unsatisfying a victory as i have tasted. If those are the type of games we are going to play, we don't deserve anything. Props to the Chiefs for playing a great game. Boo to Favre who threw some inexcusable passes, just throwing them for grabs. He was atrocious. I almost wish Johnson had picked that and taken it to the house. Not actually, but that is how annoyed i was during that game. He was utter garbage. He saved his own ass by winning the game in the end.

What is with the coaching staff? Why in the world did they overthink the game and hardly run the ball? Some sort of reverse thinking? Again, just terrible. Anyone notice Washington was a weapon out there? Why not get him some more touches. Everytime he touched it he was electic. The screen, the run, the returns, the man was outstanding, but no, lets limit his touches, we don't want to win or anything. The guy can play, give him the ball, i don't think 15 touches is going to wear him out. Get him in space, screens, tosses, whatever, just get him the ball and see if he can keep with the magic.

Ugh, just terrible.
                Props to good participation by Chief fans, all the best the rest of the way.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Maaaan. I was a big fan of Gholston going to the Jets. I thought he was the perfect fit.

.....ouch.

I never seen a lazier player in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Maaaan. I was a big fan of Gholston going to the Jets. I thought he was the perfect fit.

.....ouch.

I never seen a lazier player in my life.
                    I wasn't super pumped over him, but i too was expecting a whole lot more. I figured he would be a stiff bull rush type guy without enough agility and little pass coverage, but who could at least push the pocket. Thus far he has far from underperformed even my modest expectations. Lazy, lazy, lazy. I can't believe it. There is learning a new position and taking time to adjust, and then there is just straight up a lack of effort.

I don't even want to talk about him.....i'm just going to stop.

You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• I liked him leading up to the draft then I started to have some doubts and now I am cursing that pick. We gave him a huge contract and he has done absolutely nothing. Gholston hasn't even showed a flash of being a semi-decent player so far and it is frustrating the sh*t outta me. At least Pace is continuing to be a beast, Thomas has performed better than I expected, and Jenkins is a god.
                      LAX

Comment

• The excessive contract is typical of all high draft picks, you know that going in, and is basically another punishment of finishing so poorly. On one hand you get what appears to be an extremely talented player, but on the other hand you have to shell out a rediculous amount of money to someone who has proven nothing and may cripple your cap down the line. We came on the wrong end of this one. I say that based on not just ability, as he can turn it around still, but the appeared lack of effort, which makes me think things will stay this way. I just want to see some hustle, and i don't, that is why i'm demoralized.

Any thoughts on what i percieve to be terrible coaching last game?

Comment

• Brett Favre and Vernon Gholston:

Two horrible decisions which will probably hurt our franchise long term.

*sigh*

Comment

• As for coaching, it was absolutely horrible.

Offensively, blatantly obvious that the play calling sucked. Let's rush Leon twice, watch him get 62 yards and a TD, and then not give him another carry. Wait, no, he got one more carry. So 3 carries for 67 yards. That's not the kind of thing you would want to expand on. He also only had 3 receptions. I mean, Leon is definitely not a 20 touch guy, but he should be getting AT LEAST 10, especially in a game with that bad of a rush defense (seeing as they can't tackle, and Leon's specialty just happens to be making people miss). Jones got 14 carries, should have had around 20.

Defensively, there were at least 3 times Lowery was matched up in single coverage against Bowe, where Bowe flat out beat him. Now, I love Lowery, but seriously? KC has ONE wide receiver, and if you're not going to double him, at least have Revis covering him. I understand that with zone it's not going to always work, but then they should always have the double coverage rotated to Bowe's side (and for sure two of the times he was beat it was simply Lowery on Bowe in man, I'm sure of it).

Our gameplan sucked, but we managed to squeak out a win.

Favre also sucks.

That is all.

Comment

• Glad someone else see's the same thing as me...

Comment

• A couple points.
                                1. Still not enough touches for Leon, so ridiculous. He should be our Reggie Bush, he just doesn't get the ball.
                                2. I gotta believe that Favre is hurting more than he lets on. He has taken so many hits and some of his throws are just absurd.
                                3.Defensively we need to get more aggressive. The last few years, with less talent, once we got a better pass rush our defense has greatly improved. For some reason, now that we have better personnel for it, we aren't taking risks.
                                4. Everyone needs to chill on Gholston. Let's see what happens. It is so early to call him a bust. We all knew that he is a good athlete and really raw.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information