This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
    Totally off topic but Josh, I still crack up every time I see Brooks Bollinger in your sig. Time for a new sig?

Lets go Jets!
    The sig makes me crack up every time I see it too.

As far as NT's I have a feeling Raji is gone by the time we pick and he's got academic issues anyway so we may steer away from him. His teammate Brace is big and could be available around the third, some think he's actually a better NT prospect than Raji. And then you have Cody who is a monster but I think weight and academic concerns could have us avoiding him unless he's a good value, and with the hype he's getting unless he starts to slip big time I'm not sure you're going to get a good value on him. Other than that I'm not sure about draftable NT's, at least we have a good one but there's so few out there and not many teams really have a good one.

Finally, lets hope we prepared well for Seattle and are focused for todays game. Hopefully we can finally pull one out on the West Coast!

Comment

Totally off topic but Josh, I still crack up every time I see Brooks Bollinger in your sig. Time for a new sig?

Lets go Jets!
      I thought about it once or twice, but then decided against it. This sig is so old school and ridiculous. After all, even though Chrebet is retired, Bollinger no longer plays for the Jets, and Leonard graduated, the point still stands. Those three men represent a level of greatness that is not easily attainable. I should consider updating to add someone like leon washington or maybe Jericho. However, it just wouldn't be right to look down and not see that sig.

Comment

• Agreed, that sig is a classic. It just wouldn't be the same reading your posts without it. Still gets a laugh from me, though.

Game time!

Comment

• That was embarassing.

Comment

• Fire Mangini

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
              That was embarassing.
              Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
              Fire Mangini
              QFT.

If you cant beat the backups on one of the worst team in the league, you don't deserve to go to the playoffs. And Mangini deserves the pink slip. Sadly, because the Jets have improved so much record wise, its not going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                This loss doesn't change the way i view our team. We should still finish out 4-0/3-1 and be in a good position for a playoff run
                Nope..................

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                  QFT.

If you cant beat the backups on one of the worst team in the league, you don't deserve to go to the playoffs. And Mangini deserves the pink slip. Sadly, because the Jets have improved so much record wise, its not going to happen.
                  I don't know about that, this is one time when the intense scrutiny of new york may actually be beneficial

Sig by Me

Comment

Nope..................
                    Tits, Ass, Piss out of my Ass

Sig by Me

Comment

• **** **** **** **** Kill Me Now ****

Comment

• They could not beat Oakland, could not beat San Francisco, could not beat Seattle!

This team is so frustrating to watch. Score on the first drive of the game and do nothing after.

Maybe Buffalo will actually win a divisional game this coming week.

Comment

• Saw this on another board.....

You know your coach is a ****** when you have more ProBowlers standing with their hands on their hips than you do points on the scoreboard!

Comment

• Just did some research, and i found out that we are undefeated when we call more runs than passes. Which makes me ask, where the **** has the running game gone? Every game TJ should be getting 20+ touches and Leon around 10. The running game was the key to our offense when we were on our five game winning streak, and the coaches inexcusably abandoned it.

Sig by Me

Comment

• Ok now that I've calmed down Im gonna say things that aren't going to be censored. I know the team was in trouble when Mangini decided to not go for it on that 4th and 1 on the first drive. They were deep in the redzone and as the "superior" team, you need to come out and show no respect. The offense was clicking on the first drive and moved the ball down the field and the coach who has gone for it on 4th pretty often with a lot of success just decides against it for no reason. I know you can say that on the first drive you have to come out with points but you cant wimp out when so much if on the line.

The moronic theme throughout the game was that they generated no pass rush all game against a line that was decimated by injury to an extent that I can't say I have ever seen. It wasn't simply that the players didn't perform, Mangini didn't send enough guys to get pressure. I mean, SENECA WALLACE. REALLY?

The fg was not such an awful decision but at the time I did want Feely to take it but I wasn't as adamant as I was when I wanted them to go for it on 4th. Its those judgment calls that the average fan is somewhat unsure about is the call that the good coaches need to get right.

I really don't understand how this team could lose to the Raiders, Seahawks, Niners, and Chargers. Its pretty clear that it was a problem of mindset or preparation, two things that the coach needs to take care of.

I don't see Mangini getting fired by any means. The record will definitely save him, but next year could be problematic. Not awful, but maybe bad enough to get rid of Mangini. The moment when LC couldn't come down with that deep ball, there was a shot of Favre and it just looked like he wasn't coming back. Obviously at the end of a tough loss, he isn't going to have perspective, but it seems likely that if the team misses the playoffs in this embarrassing way, Favre will just get the hell out. Then next season we face a qb battle of Ratliff, Ainge, and Clemens. We have a lot of players that are borderline old so our window is closing, I'm not sure we have time to groom a young qb right now.

That whole thing was rambling and didn't really lead to any logical conclusion. I'm assuming I'll look back and see that some of this was a bit pessimistic, however, I'm a lifelong Jets fan that's how it has to be.

Comment

• Screw the Jets, they don't deserve playoffs. Give me a damn break. Get Mangini out of here. Can anyone here honestly say that they think the Jets can ever win a championship with Mangini leading them? Losing to the teams they have this year, the ways they have lost, and the stupid ass 'gameplan' and playcalling have been inexcusable. Does anyone here see the players having 'respect' for someone like Mangini? He isn't a guy who commands respect and shows leadership. Maybe i'm wrong, but when you see, when you hear, and when you watch someone, you get a feeling of 'This guy wants to win, i trust him, i'll follow him!' and he doesn't give me any of those tihngs. His gameplans have been average at best. He has won some big games, yes. However, do some big wins compensate enough to cover the inexcusable loses? I don't know if they do.

I'm very frustrated with everything. Am i overreacting? Maybe. But these aren't things that i have only thought about recently. At least it is only a 3rd rounder for Favre......we don't deserve playoffs. I hope we do make it though, and it appears as though we can beat the 'good' teams, but we get some sort of ego and mindset that we are superior when we play the poor teams....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information