This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
    I am not on board with firing Mangini. He really is a solid coach. We do need a great 3-4 DC though.
    Schottenheimer has to go though
    "The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique

Comment

• Originally posted by illmatic74 View Post
      I wouldnt be too disappointed. Could most likely find an upgrade.

Comment

I agree, I think we witnessed today what an inventive offense can do to a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
          We suck. Chad showed us why we never should have gotten rid of him today. Favre better retire and Mangini better either grow a pair and learn to be a little risky once and a while or he better be fired.
          Give me a break. Change of scenery can do wonders. Don't act like this is the same Pennington we got last season....because it isn't. MAybe better play calling, but Pennington was a whole step down last year and it cost us more than once. Pennington did well and i'm happy for him, but don't just think that we didn't get rid of him for a reason, he wasn't performing that great....

I don't think lack of being 'risky' is what cost us today....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• goodbye to mangina!! i mean, who else is to blame for this collapse besides the coaching staff?!? what a real disappointment he was; stubborn as a mule and too smart for his own good. there is absolutely no excuse when you are 8-3 and top of the east and lose to dogsh!t teams like niners and hawks. i'm sure this will be repeated over and over again by everyone on this blog, but i have to get it off my chest. bring on cowher, billick, or gruden (if he eventually gets sh!tcanned also). all 3 are champs and favre would come back for them for at least another year. on another note, what pick do we get for vilma, now that he became a stud and played the whole season for the saints? is it a 2nd rounder?
            "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
              goodbye to mangina!! i mean, who else is to blame for this collapse besides the coaching staff?!? what a real disappointment he was; stubborn as a mule and too smart for his own good. there is absolutely no excuse when you are 8-3 and top of the east and lose to dogsh!t teams like niners and hawks. i'm sure this will be repeated over and over again by everyone on this blog, but i have to get it off my chest. bring on cowher, billick, or gruden (if he eventually gets sh!tcanned also). all 3 are champs and favre would come back for them for at least another year. on another note, what pick do we get for vilma, now that he became a stud and played the whole season for the saints? is it a 2nd rounder?
              They are not going to resign him. They are going to let him hit FA and on the first day probably just sign him. The Jets will get a 3rd round for him.

Comment

• i'll take a 3rd rounder. we need WRs in the worst way. i hope we don't sign back coles..idk who didn't want to be here more at the start of the season-favre or coles. looks like they both won't be here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                  If you cant beat the backups on one of the worst team in the league, you don't deserve to go to the playoffs. And Mangini deserves the pink slip. Sadly, because the Jets have improved so much record wise, its not going to happen.

Shows what I know. :p

Comment

• Okay Jets fans, out of pure curiosity I ask; what is the deal with Vernon Gholston.

I can understand taking time to get acclimated or whatever, but he's not even playing special teams? What is going on with this kid?

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      Okay Jets fans, out of pure curiosity I ask; what is the deal with Vernon Gholston.

I can understand taking time to get acclimated or whatever, but he's not even playing special teams? What is going on with this kid?

Watching him play, it made me wonder how he got any sacks in college. I mean, his repitoire seemed to consist of.......... nothing.

Comment

• did he even play a whole game this season where he rotated in and out of plays? i mean, i know they aren't going to start him, but gimme a break, he was like a ghost. lots of jets fans including myself were very satisfied with drafting him. obviously the same people are disappointed and i think we should have taken the other route and traded the pick..but it's easy to monday moring qb everything. i just hope they don't make the same mistake they made with farrior and let him walk, thinking that he wouldn't add up to anything significant. farrior was a stud LB, and has had a great career with Pitt. the jets just never, never ever used the guy when he was here.

Comment

Okay Jets fans, out of pure curiosity I ask; what is the deal with Vernon Gholston.

He made a nice tackle on a punt on Sunday.
                          "The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            Watching him play, it made me wonder how he got any sacks in college. I mean, his repitoire seemed to consist of.......... nothing.
                            But the guy has speed, and size, and I know he was working out with Lawrence Freaking Taylor, so how is the sum of all that...0?

Comment

He made a nice tackle on a punt on Sunday.
                              Nice.. meaning he actually made the tackle.

Comment

But the guy has speed, and size, and I know he was working out with Lawrence Freaking Taylor, so how is the sum of all that...0?
                                I don't know what LT taught him, but whatever it was, it wasn't shown on the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information