This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
    I think that its a pretty easy fix and the speed factor may be a little overrated. David Harris' instincts should help him maintain a high level of play in the 4-3. Furthermore, I know 40 time isn't the most important thing, but he did run a 4.59 at the combine and instinct make you seem faster. Also, I know this may seem stupid, but I think as a DE Gholston could be great. In his first year, at the very least he would show more or his speed and athleticism in a more comfortable role. Besides those two, just a few athletic linebackers and a defensive tackle and we're in business. Also, another safety that can cover(perhaps merely a converted big corner-Lowery?) will free up Rhodes to make plays in the box.
    There has to be a safety that can cover we can find this draft...maybe that guy from Mississippi State, Pegues? A move to the 4-3 gives us a lot of needs. I'd imagine guys like Coleman, maybe even Ellis or Bowens, and possibly Coles get cut if we change schemes just because they just don't fit and/or we have no money to sign free agents that fit the scheme. Then you're looking at trying to get a DT, WLB, FS, WR as all positions that legit need to be addressed. Hard to address them all right now, could work out alright though.

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
    The Newark Star-Ledger is reporting Brian Schottenheimer has emerged as the favorite be the Jets next head coach

Strange
    I'd cry.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      I'd cry.
      I would too.

Comment

• now that the seasons over and this is a crucial offseason im coming back to the blogs haha...

for coach, i like rex ryan over spags just because i like the improvement our 3-4 is showing and dont think we should switch back, i like the foundation weve built and think we just need to expand on it, and rex ryan would be great for this, he blitzes a lot and very well-designed blitzes which we need, cuz later in the season we were getting no pressure and werent sending enough guys, also i could see kerry rhodes doing very well as our ed reed... i read were interviewing billick which i wouldnt mind...brian schottenheimer would just be terrible though, dont even like him as the OC
        JETS

Comment

• one of you should do the forum mock
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
            one of you should do the forum mock
            I would but I don't think I have the expertise or the attention span.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetvilma51 View Post
              Im not possitive how much we have but by the looks of are players that are free agents, it dosnt look like we have many players leaving that take up much cap room except Favre and Barton
              And heres a list of are FA just to show everyone

Eric Barton -------------Abram Elam
              Bubba Franks -----------Brett Ratliff
              Mike Nugent -----------David Clowney
              Cody Spencer ----------Marques Murrell
              CJ Mosley--------------- Wallace Wright
              Ahmad Carroll------------ JR Reed
              Tony Richardson--------- Ty Law
              Jesse Chatman-----------Jay Feely
              Hank Poteat
              I'd keep around preseason stars Ratliff and Clowney. Barton and Nugent if we can get them on the cheap and I'd make the effort to keep around Richardon and probably Mosley who was a certainly doable backup.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Clowney, Ratliff, Mosley, Richardson, Poteat, and Elam should all be resigned. Should be interesting to see what happens with Feeley and Nugent tho
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                  Clowney, Ratliff, Mosley, Richardson, Poteat, and Elam should all be resigned. Should be interesting to see what happens with Feeley and Nugent tho
                  yeah somehow I missed Elam. I don't know If I like him too much but playing a little bit of backer late in the year brings versatility even if we land another safety to go with Rhodes

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• yeah versatility and depth is always a good thing (especially guys like him who can play 2 positions). plus he's great on special teams. i think elam's impact for the jets is underrated
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• We HAVE to keep Nugent! He's a Buckeye!
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        I would too.
                        throw me on that boat as well. That would be the worst possible outcome IMO.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                          throw me on that boat as well. That would be the worst possible outcome IMO.
                          My initial reaction was it could get worse, but given our candidates I don't think so. Maybe if we hire Jagz purely in an attempt to get Favre to come back because of his connection.

If Stafford, Sanchez, and Bradford all come out, do you guys think it's likely we go quarterback? I'd imagine it's quite possible one of them is available at 17. Who would you guys want out of the three?

Comment

• If B-Shott is coach he seriously needs to rethink our offense. I wonder who the players want. Probably Spagz or Ryan.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                              If B-Shott is coach he seriously needs to rethink our offense. I wonder who the players want. Probably Spagz or Ryan.
                              I'd imagine Ryan, maybe Grimm. Not sure if the defensive guys want to go through a major scheme switch which is why I'm not sure if they really really want Spags. Ryan is similar, gets less pub, but still a good coach and runs a more similar scheme.

Also, not sure if anybody checked out the interview with Jenkins on nfl.com but that was pretty cool. He actually really put in a good word for Mangini which I thought was very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                                My initial reaction was it could get worse, but given our candidates I don't think so. Maybe if we hire Jagz purely in an attempt to get Favre to come back because of his connection.

If Stafford, Sanchez, and Bradford all come out, do you guys think it's likely we go quarterback? I'd imagine it's quite possible one of them is available at 17. Who would you guys want out of the three?
                                Even if they were all available, the only one I'd want would be Sanchez. But again, unless the FO has changed their philosophy, I wouldn't expect him to be taken.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information