X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL-New Jets head coach Ryan wants Favre back

Comment

• I mean, all he said was that he thought he is a tremendous player and who woulden't want a guy like that on the team. This question probably came up in the press conference.

But I'm not saying that he doesn't want him back.

I don't think Favre is going to come back anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
        I mean, all he said was that he thought he is a tremendous player and who woulden't want a guy like that on the team. This question probably came up in the press conference.

But I'm not saying that he doesn't want him back.

I don't think Favre is going to come back anyway.
        Right, I don't think he says that he doesn't want him back anyway. Just doesn't make sense to say that at this juncture, especially with Favre probably retiring anyway. It was a question in the presser. Not that he necessarily doesn't want him back, but I'm not sold he really and truly wants Favre on the team next year based on those comments in that context.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          EDIT: Just so I don't basically double post I just watched the presser and had a couple other thoughts. One, I thought it was interesting he solidified that Rhodes is going to be a FS, at least he specifically referred to him as a free safety so we'll be looking for a SS in the draft or FA.
          I did find that interesting. If he does truly feel that Rhodes can be like Reed and more of a FS in his system, that sort of changes who I'd like us to look at in the draft. If that's the case, I'd be expecting someone more along the line of Delmas or Chung.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
            I did find that interesting. If he does truly feel that Rhodes can be like Reed and more of a FS in his system, that sort of changes who I'd like us to look at in the draft. If that's the case, I'd be expecting someone more along the line of Delmas or Chung.
            My thoughts exactly, which is really nice because we can get a guy in that mold in the second round. Honestly I've been warming up to Maualuga quite a bit recently, to the point where I think I'd be cool with trading up to secure him provided we fill a need or two in free agency, and I really am not a big fan of trading up. Wouldn't be shocked if we went after Leonhard for the safety need either but I think we'll be in good shape to grab a guy in the second round if we don't.

One thing that does bum me out a little is I don't think we're going to take Maclin with Ryan and his all weather offense. I do like the all weather offense idea though as well as running the ball, just not sure if we're going to get that speedy wideout. Then again I think Maclin could play a very Santonio Holmes-like role in an all weather offense, but I just don't see it happening anymore unfortunately. My gut says he puts his staple on the defense first, and Rey would be perfect for that. He can grab an end or two next year with that nasty 3-4 end class and our front 7 would be in very nice shape. Who knows though.

Comment

• i really like the idea of signing leonhard and would be comfortable with him and rhodes as our starting safeties, but would still like to bring in another S in the mid rounds

for LB, i really hope he can make gholston like suggs which ive been thinking about a lot, doesnt even have to be as good, just a legit player unlike this year, cuz pace and gholston could be a nasty tandem outside...inside of course david harris, and the issue comes up who plays next to him...i dont dislike barton but have people that i would much much rather alreayd on the top of my head...of course ray lewis is my #1 but with our cap situation i dont think that works out, and i think theres a very good chacne we end up with bart scott which i definitely would be ok with and want, unless we could get mauluga instead but theres no way of insuring that unless we traded up, so i want one of those 3 playing next to harris

as for dline, another NT would be great because you could just see how much worse our defense was in the 2nd half of the year when jenkins was hurt/tired...at de, i wanna keep ellis if we can afford it but i thnk for cap reasons colemans gotta go...i konw trevor price isnt a FA but he has said how mcuh he loves and wants to play for ryan so if he got out of the ravens i would definitrly like that...if tyson jackson is there at our spot, and all of our other top options/priorities are gone/taken care of, then im okay with that...otherwise, im fine with a smaller FA or mid-late round guy to play end for now at least

i like that westhoff and callahan are gonna stay (wouldnt mind callahan as OC) and dont konw much about pettine but trust ryans judgement there

with the offense, i dont even wanna talk about QB right now until we hear about favre...i would like maclin in the 1st, maybe even harvin, but other than that theres nobody i really love in the 1st round (of course if crabtree slipt, idc that hes not a fast guy, hes just incredible)
              JETS

Comment

• couple of thoughts here. in the press confrence Rex also said he would probally call the plays for the defense so i think thats good. another is about gholston who ofcourse I thought would b a star 4 us but if we can get him to b a good blitzer and rotate him around i would b haooy with that. I still have hope 4 him so really hope he can show up this year now that mangini is out of the way.

Comment

• Damn. We retained Schotty.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Damn. We retained Schotty.
                    Hopefully Ryan makes him run the damn ball, and give it to Washington some more.

Comment

• To bad we don't have Vilma anymore...give him a mini-Rey Lewis to groom. I guess David Harris will have to do....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• dam i really wanted 2 get rid of schotty. I hope his play calling involves running the ball and a few deep balls instead of throwing 10 yard passes all game long

Comment

• I hear our new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine is looking forward 2 working with Gholston and feels he can take his talent and turn it into productivity. Definitly glade 2 hear that. He also said we have 1 of the best corners in the game which we and many of the gr8 recivers already know lol.

Comment

• He also said that Gholston lacks consistency. So essentially, if we don't see anything much out of Gholston this coming season, he's officially a bust.

Comment

He also said that Gholston lacks consistency. So essentially, if we don't see anything much out of Gholston this coming season, he's officially a bust.
                              Yea hopefully he can learn how 2 show up and give 100% every down.

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                                Yea hopefully he can learn how 2 show up and give 100% every down.
                                If he can't do it for Rex Ryan, a coach that ,by all accounts, is regarded as not only a good players coach, but also an intense motivator capable of getting everything out of his players, then he will never be able to. I'm not looking for a complete 180 this season into an elite player, because that seems pretty unrealistic, but I think it is conceivable to hope for him to get consistent playing time and a level of production. With the addition of Ryan and Pettine, a former linebacker coach, and the reports of LT agreeing to work with him, Gholston has every opportunity to succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information