This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
    I disagree, Cotchery, Stuckey and Clowney as 1,2,3 would be well below average. There is certainly potential but i dare say they would have one of the worst receivers in the league on paper. I know TJ Housh is a Free agent, and would fit in nicely (though we still need someone to stretch the field).

If we could trade Coles, what do you think the value would be?
    Im not saying we would be great but I think we could be decent with Keller in the middle and Bennie and leon in the backfield. anyway I agree i want a real #1 reciver in Crabtree or Maclin. Moving up to get 1 of them would be good. And coles would give us no more then a 3rd I doubt a 2nd but we could pray.

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
      Im not saying we would be great but I think we could be decent with Keller in the middle and Bennie and leon in the backfield. anyway I agree i want a real #1 reciver in Crabtree or Maclin. Moving up to get 1 of them would be good. And coles would give us no more then a 3rd I doubt a 2nd but we could pray.
      Coles wouldn't get the Jets anything with the contract he has and the season he did. How do you guys feel about possibly Darrius Heyward Bey if Maclin is off the board?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
        Coles wouldn't get the Jets anything with the contract he has and the season he did. How do you guys feel about possibly Darrius Heyward Bey if Maclin is off the board?
        I like DHB but I dont think hes worth that 15-20 range i like him more at a mid 20s pick. So we could trade down. But hey ill take him at 17 if we feel good about him.

Comment

I dunno I really like the guy but something about him worries me. As was said I like him more in the mid 20's. If we made the pick I'd be fine with it but I can't say I wouldn't have more than a few concerns.

It would almost be a Gholston-esque pick if you will. The guy's got all the tools and really flashed at times when you watched Maryland. But more than the lack of production what worries me is you could watch a quarter or even a half of a Maryland game and you'd have no idea the guy was going to be a first round pick, or even on the field at times. He'd be a pretty awesome guy to try and develop, though.
          Last edited by derza222; 01-25-2009, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Bottom line I want Maclin at WR

Comment

Bottom line I want Maclin at WR
              I would too, but he can't be the only option. If there is only one person you want your team to draft in the first round, unless the pick is a #1 overall lock, you will usually be disappointed. In 2004, the only person I wanted the Jets to draft in the first round was Dunta Robinson. They missed him but got Jonathan Vilma who was great for the Jets while they were using a scheme he fit in.

Comment

I would too, but he can't be the only option. If there is only one person you want your team to draft in the first round, unless the pick is a #1 overall lock, you will usually be disappointed. In 2004, the only person I wanted the Jets to draft in the first round was Dunta Robinson. They missed him but got Jonathan Vilma who was great for the Jets while they were using a scheme he fit in.
                Wait I didnt mean hes the only man I want I was just talking about at WR. Hes not even my 1st choice only at WR. I would love 2 get Rey or Jackson, or Jenkins. I have a good 8 players I wouldnt mind taking in the 1st round

Comment

Yeah unfortunately I'm not sure there's too many guys any of us would really want at 17. I mean if I had to come up with a list of guys I'd be comfortable with it'd probably be pretty short. Plus I'd rather not take a QB but both of those QB's would have to be on that list so if you take them off it's even shorter. Something like:

Stafford, Sanchez, Wells, Jenkins, Curry, Maualuga, Crabtree, Maclin, Raji is who I'd understand taking at 17 and that's only 9 guys. Presumably you'll have 4 OT's gone before us as well so that's 13. I'd be comfortable saying Orakpo should be taken ahead of us also, and probably Everette Brown. So either 2 teams take guys not on this list and we get one of those guys, or we're forced to reach into that pool of guys with more question marks: (Heyward-Bey, Nicks, Tyson Jackson, Vontae Davis, Alphonso Smith, DJ Moore, Sintim, Freeman MAYBE though I'd rather not, William Moore, Delmas) be they need or the player himself. It'd be awesome if guys like Aaron Maybin, even Laurinaitis, Percy Harvin, Peria Jerry, Brian Cushing, Eben Britton, Knowshon Moreno, Pettigrew, etc ended up rising up and going ahead of our pick.

Comment

• I'd much rather prefer Nicks to Heyward-Bey.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I was reading this article touching over our needs and they were talking about how well Elam played at Safety this year and it got me worrying that we might just stick with him. I would laugh if our draft was Tyson Jackson in the first and Josh Freeman in the second.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Elam didnt play horrible, he made some plays this year. Obviously theres better out there but i think we could live with him and he should only get better with experiance

Comment

• Originally posted by jetvilma51 View Post
                          Elam didnt play horrible, he made some plays this year. Obviously theres better out there but i think we could live with him and he should only get better with experiance
                          Elam is ok and if we got Jenkins or Vontae Davis next 2 Revis I would say our secondary is pretty good. CB is a bigger need for us than S.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            I'd much rather prefer Nicks to Heyward-Bey.
                            I think I agree. On one hand I think Heyward-Bey is a better fit for adding something different to our offense as far as stretching the field goes. But I like Nicks more as a player and would rather draft a guy that I'm more sure going to be successful. Love him after the catch.

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            I was reading this article touching over our needs and they were talking about how well Elam played at Safety this year and it got me worrying that we might just stick with him. I would laugh if our draft was Tyson Jackson in the first and Josh Freeman in the second.
                            Funny because I think I'd cry.

Comment

Elam is ok and if we got Jenkins or Vontae Davis next 2 Revis I would say our secondary is pretty good. CB is a bigger need for us than S.
                              I disagree. First of all Vontae Davis scares the crap out of me, he got benched this year and is a huge boom or bust guy that I've got to imagine is going to bust. Second of all a good safety that won't get burned in coverage will allow Rhodes to roam more and could make up for some of the deficiencies opposite Revis in deep coverage. Our attacking defense will help too. I think Lowery deserves another chance to start this year, he'll never be a #1 but in the right situation could be a very good #2 for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                                I was reading this article touching over our needs and they were talking about how well Elam played at Safety this year and it got me worrying that we might just stick with him. I would laugh if our draft was Tyson Jackson in the first and Josh Freeman in the second.
                                Please dont even say that you might jinx us. A QB besides trading up for Stafford would make me cry. Im not a big fan of Sanchez but if he dropped to our 17th pick ill take him. Besides those 2 scenarios I DONT WANT A QB. Plus I love Ratliff give him a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information