This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
    Chris Mortensen is saying that Favre is angling for the Jets to trade him to Minnesota, however if i recall correctly there was an addendum to the trade last year saying if the Jets traded Favre into the NFC North they would owe the Packers multiple # 1 picks..
    Hey Favre, the problem isn't the team, its you!

(Assuming this is true)

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
      Hey Favre, the problem isn't the team, its you!

(Assuming this is true)
      Lol shhh dont tell him that yet. Lets just wait till he plays for every team then he will retire at about 70

Comment

• We would lose 3 1sts if we traded him to Minnesota. That makes no sense. He would need to be cut to end up on Minnesota next season, unless Minnesota forks over a **** load of picks to offset the ones we have to give to GB.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
          We would lose 3 1sts if we traded him to Minnesota. That makes no sense. He would need to be cut to end up on Minnesota next season, unless Minnesota forks over a **** load of picks to offset the ones we have to give to GB.
          Right. And from their perspective there's no way the ****load of picks they'd have to give up is worth Favre, so there's no way it's happening.

In other news, rotoworld says Richardson might follow Raye out to San Fran which would suck. Opens up the possibility to draft a FB like Quinn Johnson I guess, we'll need to bring in somebody in FA or on day 2 because using tight ends to block did not work when we tried it.

EDIT:

Just found something else that says Richardson wants to come back. We'd better get it done, really stupid move if we don't. And I say we just release Favre soon because odds are he's just going to force our hand by not making up his mind and forcing us to cut guys and tying up our ability to sign other FA's anyway.
          Last edited by derza222; 02-01-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• T-Rich is 37 though. We might just want to grab a FB anyway to at the very least learn under him for a year.
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
              T-Rich is 37 though. We might just want to grab a FB anyway to at the very least learn under him for a year.
              Agreed, but it changes the type of FB we might want to go after. Not that it's a huge deal but I'm sure there are more NFL ready guys and more raw guys. We also have Caulcrick so I'm not sure what the general consensus is on him and we haven't really seen any of him or how he has improved but I can't see him being a lead blocker type anyway. Maybe though.

Comment

• Watching Holmes and Fitzgerald that game just made me want a legit WR all the more.
                Last edited by derza222; 02-01-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Dam disappointed. Fitz cant be stopped and Boldin had a nice game as well. I would love to have someone like them to pair up with Cotch.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Watching Holmes and Fitzgerald that game just made me want a legit WR all the more.
                    Yea but those guys are arguably both top 5 WRs.

We don't have a QB to throw one the ball. I understand that having a legit #1 on the field, his presence alone can make such a huge influence, but bottom line, Kurt was able to get those guys the ball.

I think you only see that kind of infulence when you have a top 5 WR in the game.
                    You think if we had Kellen Clemens throwing to Braylon it would make that big of a difference?

Maybe, but I'm not completely sold. Either way, I'm not going to argue that we need another WR.

Comment

• I think it'd be pretty hard to argue Santonio is a top five WR in the league.

But anyway, it's definitely true we need our QB too. It might be one of these guys though. You don't know. Brees looked like a bust early too, so we'll see. I would like to see us trade for a certain someone though.

I'm just not completely sure how sold Ryan would be and maybe even Tannenbaum on the need at WR considering the type of offense Ryan seems to want to sport. I don't know. I just wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go WR early.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                        I think it'd be pretty hard to argue Santonio is a top five WR in the league.

But anyway, it's definitely true we need our QB too. It might be one of these guys though. You don't know. Brees looked like a bust early too, so we'll see. I would like to see us trade for a certain someone though.

I'm just not completely sure how sold Ryan would be and maybe even Tannenbaum on the need at WR considering the type of offense Ryan seems to want to sport. I don't know. I just wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go WR early.
                        yeah i wouldnt be surprised at all...and anyway i think most of us agreed taht we wouldnt want to go WR unless its early on (or someone that somehow slips or someone like ramses barden)
                        JETS

Comment

• Watching santonio in this game makes me really believe that if Maclin was around for our pick he would be a stud.

Holmes doesn't dominate the stat chart all throughout the season like Fitzy, but it just seems receivers like Holmes, who have that unique skill set are so dangerous and effective in these championship type games. I can't tell if it's the longer time the OC's get to gameplan, but it always seems that during the championship games or superbowls, these fast receivers create such amazing mismatches and opportunities that they always seem to have big games.

That could very well just be me, but i just get the sense that there skill sets are utilized better in these bigger games.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Lets say Sanchez and Maclin are both there during our pick, who would you guys rather take?

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                              Lets say Sanchez and Maclin are both there during our pick, who would you guys rather take?
                              That's extremely difficult; I'm not going to even pretend that I'm some great talent evalutor, especially of QBs, so I would say whoever our FO chooses.

But if it was my choice, I would choose Maclin. I really couldn't get a sense of how good sanchez was from only one year. I'm always willing to give Clemens a chance (or ratliff), with our running game, offensive line and defense. I think he got a bad rap; he went 3-4, which should have been 4-3, with that aweful team we had two years ago. But this of course brings along the course of how much do we like our QBs.

I love Maclin and what he brings to the table, but if Sanchez is the real deal than you just don't pass on him. If he's given an opportunity to win the job in camp and clemens wins it and performs well, than we have a San Diego/Cleveland dilemma, which isn't the worse thing to have.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                                Watching santonio in this game makes me really believe that if Maclin was around for our pick he would be a stud.

Holmes doesn't dominate the stat chart all throughout the season like Fitzy, but it just seems receivers like Holmes, who have that unique skill set are so dangerous and effective in these championship type games. I can't tell if it's the longer time the OC's get to gameplan, but it always seems that during the championship games or superbowls, these fast receivers create such amazing mismatches and opportunities that they always seem to have big games.

That could very well just be me, but i just get the sense that there skill sets are utilized better in these bigger games.
                                You have to get to the championship first. lol

I get what you're saying though, and to some extent I agree. Generally teams are a little rusty after the brief hiatus and speed is definitely helpful. I don't think I could take that thought to heart though since Holmes and Maclin are so different, but I think the play of the WRs in this game may help us out in getting another playmaker.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information