This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
    Now, I have a question that I've been mulling around in my head since last night. The Favre to Minnesota trade; I know we would owe them three 1st rounders, but that's in a straight up trade. This notion leads me to my question...

What's stopping a potential three-team trade?? If Minnesota is that interested in Favre, why couldn't we trade Favre to a subsidiary team who will give us there 3rd rounder which turns conditional. This same team will then trade Favre to GB who will in turn compensate them for whatever picks they lose to us.

Now, this could very well be answered or covered in the trade agreement to Favre, however I have never seen this question covered. Just a little food for thought, I wondered if anyone knew the answer...
    this is from nfl.com...

Schefter reports if Favre were to retire after the first year and the Packers got the Jets' first-round pick, then the Packers would send the Jets a fifth-round pick in 2010. If the Packers get the Jets' second-round pick, the Jets would get back the Packers' sixth-round pick in 2010. If the Packers get the Jets' third-round pick, the Jets would get back the Packers' seventh-round pick in 2010. Additionally, in the scenario in which the Packers would get the Jets' first-round pick, Favre must play in at least 50 percent of one playoff game for Green Bay to get that compensation.

Schefter also reports that the Packers took great pains to ensure Favre would not be traded to the Vikings -- or any other NFC North team -- by inserting a "poison pill" in the deal. If Favre were to be traded to any team in the Packers' division, the Jets would have to surrender three first-round picks to Green Bay. The trade also includes provisions preventing a trade to another team if that new team were to trade him to the NFC North.
    so that answers the question, no matter how he gets to the NFC north, the jets owe the packers 3 1st rounders...and yeah so i guess if favre retires we get the packers 7th round pick next year...im hoping that pick turns into our tom brady or matt cassel haha
    JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      I just think I've watched Britt as much as any non-Rutgers fan on here and read enough about him from a newspaper standpoint being from New Jersey, and I don't see where any of it comes from. From a talent perspective if you're going to compare him from a guy like Williams you have to take into account that Williams has atrocious hands and Britt's hands are actually very good. Teel has hung him out to dry and doesn't have any touch but Britt catches what he should and then some. I just don't really see a lot of the issues. Not sure I like him at 17 but to say I wouldn't want him at all...the character concern seems to come from a lot of overanalysis and on the field he does a lot of the little things I haven't really seen him take plays off at all and while his speed is a question you're not going to get anybody at 17 with elite size, speed, and production anyway. I'd take elite size, solid speed, and very good production there.
      Well I think he body catches too much and has poor concentration and can see him being something similar to Braylon in the hands department. But that aside, there's stories specifically talking about his drops (which I was going to link to but it seems that I can't find any of them... so hold on there). And I know, you guys don't see anything wrong with his attitude or work ethic (and I think it'd probably be difficult to discern whether he's taking plays off or not hustling in practice unless someone in the media highlighted it), but it's something to keep in mind.

But anyway, Jaison has good form and everything catching the ball. He just has a serious confidence problem, which I think Rex could very easily instill in him.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        Well I think he body catches too much and has poor concentration and can see him being something similar to Braylon in the hands department. But that aside, there's stories specifically talking about his drops (which I was going to link to but it seems that I can't find any of them... so hold on there). And I know, you guys don't see anything wrong with his attitude or work ethic (and I think it'd probably be difficult to discern whether he's taking plays off or not hustling in practice unless someone in the media highlighted it), but it's something to keep in mind.

But anyway, Jaison has good form and everything catching the ball. He just has a serious confidence problem, which I think Rex could very easily instill in him.
        On Williams...perhaps. He obviously has serious issues catching the ball whatever they may be. Talent is clearly off the charts in other areas though.

And I'm being sincere and not an ass here just so you don't think I'm being sarcastic, anything you can link me too would be awesome and if it's something you can't link that you could PM would be great too. Obviously there are concerns as there are with any prospect but from a skill-set standpoint he's a really nice fit for a guy you can find at 17 which makes him very intriguing to me. Almost like a WR version of Revis...above average but not elite speed for the position, solid size/build, pretty good ball skills/hands for the position, hasn't played against top competition but should have some good tape. Anyways anything you can show me on him, or really anybody else you'd find to be an interesting prospect, would be awesome always like to learn more about these guys.

Comment

• Well I don't know how I found them before, but I can't seem to now. But in any case, like I've said before, everything that we need to know about him will come out in the coming months, as well as his physical abilities.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-is-miserable/

REPORT: BROWNS ATMOSPHERE IS “MISERABLE”
            Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 2, 2009, 7:27 p.m. EST
            Since Eric Mangini took over as head coach of the Cleveland Browns, he hasn’t exactly been a beacon of sunshine around the office, the Canton Repository reports.

According to the article, a Browns insider described “the atmosphere at headquarters is, to put it mildly, miserable. New Head Coach Eric Mangini is running the place like Napoleon.”

Ouch.

Repository columnist Todd Porter said that Mangini is already alienating players.

At a public function attended by Mangini and Pro Bowl nose guard Shaun Rogers, Rogers said he hadn’t met the coach and hoped to do so that evening. Then, Mangini reportedly walked past Rogers without speaking.

Maybe it was Rogers’ cologne? Just kidding.

Porter also took a shot at new General Manager George Kokinis and the entire regime, writing, “If you want to know what kind of flavor new GM George Kokinis has when talking to the media, stick a piece of notebook paper in your mouth and chew on it for a half hour. I give Mangini and Kokinis no more than three years before Lerner has sold the team. That’s right. Lerner will sell the team before he hires another head coach.”

Another much more favorable portrait of Mangini was painted by the Akron Beacon-Journal, chronicling his charity work, all-state high school football days, his time as a hard-working public relations assistant and ballboy for the Browns before breaking into coaching under Bill Belichick, strong family ties and self-deprecating sense of humor.

”He has another side,” Graham Martin, Mangini’s football coach at Bulkeley High School in Hartford, Conn., told the Beacon-Journal. ”You have to have a fine balance when you’re working with people, be tough but give a little love and understanding. I believe Eric is one of those people, and it’s behind his success.”
            Who's happy?

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
              LOL I am. Na but seriously I really didnt like Mangini all that much he just didnt seem like the type of coach that had the respect of the players. Rex was loved by his players and respected on the highest level and thats what it takes to have a successful team. Good luck Browns your going to need it.

Comment

• I'm happy, although i don't wish ill upon Mangini. He definitely has some talent, but he needs to understand that his mentality will only be tolerated and bought into if he wins. If he doesn't win and bring sucess, people will just consider him a cold, calculating ass, who can't win. However, if he does bring cleveland success, than he will just be a smart, but oft-putting genius etc.

That having been said, he really just needs experience. Due to his time as only a postional coach and DC, he tends to micromanage far too often. His game plans were solid for the first half, but he wasn't able to change on the fly or make half time adjustments. He must learn to have a more broader outlook and rely on his players and staff. They guy brought the '06 jets to the playoffs, he clearly has talent, he just needs to put it all together and quite frankly, lighten the hell up.

I'm 100% excited for Rex and think he's a much better fit than mangini.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Rotoworld has a quote from Ray Lewis saying playing for the Jets would be an attractive option. Doubt it happens since we have no money, but he'd obviously be a nice guy to put next to Harris inside and develop somebody behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Rotoworld has a quote from Ray Lewis saying playing for the Jets would be an attractive option. Doubt it happens since we have no money, but he'd obviously be a nice guy to put next to Harris inside and develop somebody behind.
                    yeah i saw taht on a bucnh of sites including espn.com...that would be incredible and i really think (and he even said he thinks) he would give us a chance to win now with that defense...i owuld absolutely love that but wel have to free up a lot of cap for him, and bringinig favre back will probably kill the chance we get him
                    JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                      yeah i saw taht on a bucnh of sites including espn.com...that would be incredible and i really think (and he even said he thinks) he would give us a chance to win now with that defense...i owuld absolutely love that but wel have to free up a lot of cap for him, and bringinig favre back will probably kill the chance we get him
                      Favre coming back screws us. 13 million... gross.

We should get rid of him and Barrett, which will save us 16.7 million right there.

Comment

• Farve just better retire hes done. We got 3 youg QBs on our roster and you cant tell me that none of them can not take over and have a pretty good season. They all have cannons for arms so thats a start

Comment

• Favre better retire before FA starts.

Comment

• I would have absolutely no qualms with cutting him. It's the right move, I don't care about PR or anything else. We need the cap space and he isn't nearly worth the money. If he was anybody else or maybe even played any other position he'd be gone, just get it done move on and bring some new players in.

Comment

• Look the bottom line though is this.. if you don't find a way to keep him.. you lose out on the chance at signing Ray Lewis.. he already has said multiple times playing in NY with Farve is attractive along with Rex Ryan as the HC and his defensive schemes surely to be implemented and follow his philosophies

Comment

• I don't think that factors in at all. I think that's just a name he's attracted to. I think the unquestionable big interest there is Rex Ryan. If anything, we have a better chance at getting Ray if he leaves because he wouldn't be coming here on a discount. It's highly unlikely we'd have enough money to pay him even if Favre leaves, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information