Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would definitely lean towards Revis. There's no way, or atleast i pray to god, that the FO would let him get away, he's an absolute stud and is on his way to being one of the best cornerbacks in the game.

So you have a guy who should be on our team for a while *knock on wood* and he's a baller. I would lean towards Revis.

As for cutting Moore, I don't buy it. I read that article from Jane McCutchen was it??? And I really think it's a BS article. I know OGs are easy to replace, but we have 0 depth and he was a stud in the running game and performed well enough in passpro. I just don't wanna go through a Kendal situation again.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
      I would definitely lean towards Revis. There's no way, or atleast i pray to god, that the FO would let him get away, he's an absolute stud and is on his way to being one of the best cornerbacks in the game.

So you have a guy who should be on our team for a while *knock on wood* and he's a baller. I would lean towards Revis.

As for cutting Moore, I don't buy it. I read that article from Jane McCutchen was it??? And I really think it's a BS article. I know OGs are easy to replace, but we have 0 depth and he was a stud in the running game and performed well enough in passpro. I just don't wanna go through a Kendal situation again.
      I think the difference is that he's due something like a 5 mil roster bonus, and it's possible that we could find a RG just as good if not better in the late second day of the draft.

And I'd go Revis as well, but I may be biased since I've liked him since his sophomore year at Pitt. But since there's a ton of those, maybe you'd want to roll the dice and get a Gholston or Ratliff or Clemens or Clowney jersey before it's cool to do so. Keller would be a pretty solid choice as well.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        I think the difference is that he's due something like a 5 mil roster bonus, and it's possible that we could find a RG just as good if not better in the late second day of the draft.

And I'd go Revis as well, but I may be biased since I've liked him since his sophomore year at Pitt. But since there's a ton of those, maybe you'd want to roll the dice and get a Gholston or Ratliff or Clemens or Clowney jersey before it's cool to do so. Keller would be a pretty solid choice as well.
        Right exactly, he saves us a ton off the cap. Theoretically if we slice him along with the guys TTGS stated we can get a decent guard somewhere day 2 in the draft, even in the third or fourth round. If Favre retires on top of that we could (maybe, doubt it actually happens) fill our two biggest needs (SS and ILB) with former Ravens in Leonhard and Scott and have a lot more versatility come draft day (look WR, G obviously, DE, etc).

I think I'll ultimately go with Revis. Probably won't roll the dice quite as much as the guys you mentioned, maybe Gholston taking a chance on whether or not Rex can actually get something out of him. Keller was actually my second leaning. The other option I thought of was Cotchery but I'm thinking Revis, Keller, or Gholston. Perhaps Harris as well but I think there's probably as many of those as Revis and I'm more of a Revis guy.

Comment

• Well we just parted ways with barrett

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post

Alright guys I'm looking to get a jersey but not sure who to go for. Out of the guys on the team now I've got a green Rhodes and a green Coles...all of my whites are from retired/traded guys so I'd probably like to go white. My leaning is Revis but...any other suggestions?
            I am not sure how old you are and how far back you go, but i learned he hard way about buying Jerseys for guys that are gone before I could even wash the jersey. Wasted a lot of money in the process too. I decided to stick to the all timers who will never go out of style. Curtis Martin, Wayne Chrebet, Mo Lewis etc. At least we know these guys won't get cut the next day. Besides I get a lot of compliments in my Klecko, Toon and Freeman McNeil jerseys all of the time, as oppposed to my Keyshawn, O'Donnel, Johnny Mitchell, Bryan Cox, Jonathan Vilma, Chad, Santana Moss and John Abraham jerseys.
            J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
              I am not sure how old you are and how far back you go, but i learned he hard way about buying Jerseys for guys that are gone before I could even wash the jersey. Wasted a lot of money in the process too. I decided to stick to the all timers who will never go out of style. Curtis Martin, Wayne Chrebet, Mo Lewis etc. At least we know these guys won't get cut the next day. Besides I get a lot of compliments in my Klecko, Toon and Freeman McNeil jerseys all of the time, as oppposed to my Keyshawn, O'Donnel, Johnny Mitchell, Bryan Cox, Jonathan Vilma, Chad, Santana Moss and John Abraham jerseys.
              Very good point about the jerseys. I'm 23 but have spent my fair share of money on jerseys of players who got the boot. I don't wear it to the bar or games for fear of it getting beer or food all over it, but my Joe Namath Jersey always gets compliments. Broadwayjoe will never go out of style, but that was a birthday present from my Ma a while back; not necessarily on the cheap side.

I'm just waiting for the day when I finally get outta med school and get a job, the first thing i'm buying, besides a gift for my ma, is a vintage mickey mantle jersey. The old school creamish colored ones.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                Well we just parted ways with barrett
                Had to happen, he saves us a lot of cap space and just isn't as valuable as his figure. I think he'd have been cut even if we had cap space this offseason. A no brainer.

Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                I'm in college and go back to the Neil O'Donnell days...probably farther but that's the earliest I remember. I've wasted a lot of jerseys (from your list we have O'Donnell, Pennington, Moss, Abraham) and I've got 2 retired Jets I'm happy with in Martin and Chrebet. I definitely know the risks involved but I'd just like to add a new one into the mix.

Also found it interesting that the Jets have a plan with or without Favre, wonder who they're going to get to try to restructure and who they'll cut if he sticks around, along with how much space they'll try to open up if he doesn't.

Comment

• [QUOTE=

I'm just waiting for the day when I finally get outta med school and get a job, the first thing i'm buying, besides a gift for my ma, is a vintage mickey mantle jersey. The old school creamish colored ones.[/QUOTE]

My friend has the vintage Mantel away jersey, and when we went to the second to last Yankees home game last year, by our count 11 different people stopped him to compliment on it. It is definitely a cool jersey...
                  J. MESS

Comment

• We're nearing the possibility of cap room!!!

Hopefully everything works out for Favre. Pleasantly surprised he didn't try to screw us over, and he absolutely took a chance on this team last season. Definitely changes the dynamic of this offseason a bit, and it's nice to have a decision there so early.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post

I think I'll ultimately go with Revis. Probably won't roll the dice quite as much as the guys you mentioned, maybe Gholston taking a chance on whether or not Rex can actually get something out of him. Keller was actually my second leaning. The other option I thought of was Cotchery but I'm thinking Revis, Keller, or Gholston. Perhaps Harris as well but I think there's probably as many of those as Revis and I'm more of a Revis guy.
                      haha i got a rhodes jersey his rookie season. i felt like the man. it took like 2 years until i saw another rhodes jersey and i have season tickets haha. getting someone obscure and it working out is always fun.
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• And like Derza said we may actualy have enough cap room to sign a free agent or 2 haha. probably not someone big but definitely solid guys
                        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                          haha i got a rhodes jersey his rookie season. i felt like the man. it took like 2 years until i saw another rhodes jersey and i have season tickets haha. getting someone obscure and it working out is always fun.
                          Yeah it's sweet I had a Rhodes jersey pretty early on as well. Not sure who I'd go for in that case though, Keller seems to be pretty popular and the under the radar guys are really, really under the radar. Might make sense to wait till after the draft to get a feel for who will have opportunities to play, etc. For instance if we draft a WR that gives Clowney a lot less opportunities to shine. Anyways...

Another thought I had about cutting Brandon Moore. If we do that, there's always the option to slide Damien Woody inside and draft a right tackle. So that really gives us a ton of flexibility there. With the success we've had running the ball on the right side (saw a stat somewhere that we were 3 in the league running b/w C and RG, 1 running behind RT, and 1 running off RT) it's not something I'd want to do by any stretch, but if we want to make some moves with the new coach...

Comment

• Well FAVRE has retired. So all of the speculation is over, and we now have an extra $13 million to spend.
                            J. MESS

Comment

• I kind of hope that we just end up saving the money unless it's a small addition.
                              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                                I kind of hope that we just end up saving the money unless it's a small addition.
                                Jim Leonhard/Bart Scott small? Jabari Greer small? Or smaller than one of those three?

I do agree with that, though I'd like to fill one or two of ILB, SS, CB this offseason (if we deem CB is a need). A QB like Kerry Collins who Cimini says we have interest in would be a little frustrating given the money it would take. I could definitely feel saving the money, but if we can make a few small, logical moves and get a little more flexible draft-wise that'd be great. Not like we have to sign Pro Bowlers to fill ILB and SS anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information