This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
    Oh and I hope the NY media doesn't follow Scott Wright's lead and try and push for the positions he listed as our actual needs. I pray they're on the WR/S bandwagon (though I sort of assume Rex will do what Rex does).
    Yeah I was pretty thrown off by what he has listed there. Left a comment but no reply from him...his needs for us kind of went against the logic of what he had for other teams also (had RB at the top for the Bengals because of who they had on the roster, well who do we have at ILB or S?).

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      Yeah I was pretty thrown off by what he has listed there. Left a comment but no reply from him...his needs for us kind of went against the logic of what he had for other teams also (had RB at the top for the Bengals because of who they had on the roster, well who do we have at ILB or S?).
      I agree, I guess Scott wasn't really listening to use here on the Forums when he put that together. I don't think he was terribly wrong (i am a glass half empty guy) but I think we have other more pressing.

I would also like to say that I think we need OL help too. granted our starters are solid but we have no depth. Perhaps a RT on day one would be well spent. We could groom him for a year or so and have the flexiblity to move Woody inside if an injury occurs.
      J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
        I agree, I guess Scott wasn't really listening to use here on the Forums when he put that together. I don't think he was terribly wrong (i am a glass half empty guy) but I think we have other more pressing.

I would also like to say that I think we need OL help too. granted our starters are solid but we have no depth. Perhaps a RT on day one would be well spent. We could groom him for a year or so and have the flexiblity to move Woody inside if an injury occurs.
        Definitely, on both counts. Not that we don't have needs or question marks at the positions he listed, but we have other considerably more pressing needs in other spots. And at some point I think drafting a RT or a G or both to develop and eventually start would be a very good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          Definitely, on both counts. Not that we don't have needs or question marks at the positions he listed, but we have other considerably more pressing needs in other spots. And at some point I think drafting a RT or a G or both to develop and eventually start would be a very good idea.
          Yea I wouldnt be against drafting a RT and then move Woody inside and get rid of Moore. It would also clear up some cap.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
            Yea I wouldnt be against drafting a RT and then move Woody inside and get rid of Moore. It would also clear up some cap.
            I'd rather not get rid of more. Logically it sounds great but our right side was huge in our run game last year and the offensive line was solid. Given it's not broken I'd rather not mess around with it. Now if we have awesome value with a RT somewhere or somebody that could maybe play G I'd give it a whirl but I'd just stick to developing dudes for now.

Comment

• I really like Leonhard hes hard working football player and is always around the ball. Pluse as you guys said he will be cheap.

I like Moore so I dont want to get rid of him. But yea we should draft a guy in the 3rd maybe even 2nd if we do things right in FA. Then in a year or 2 we can put him in there.

As for scotts Jets needs I was dissapointed as well but hey as I said if we get Bart and Leonhard and just work on WR next year then those will be the biggest needs

Comment

• Looks like we sliced Bowens and Kassell, neither shocking, saves us 3 million. Possibly cutting Ellis as well, I know I mentioned it awhile back and it still seems unlikely, but I really wouldn't be shocked. Depends what Ryan thinks he brings to the table in the scheme and what the FO thinks we could do with the extra 4 million or so instead.

Comment

• I just want to say I'm glad for you folks because reading what the Jets fans have to say on other forums and the comments they post in the articles on the two big Jets sites makes me want to stab myself.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Out of curiosity, I wonder if we can come to a consenus here as to what our top 5 needs are, and in order?

I'll take a stab

1. ILB
                    2. CB
                    3. QB
                    4. S
                    5. WR

I left DE off for now, only because I think we could get by for now. OL depth still bugs mey because I am still gunshy from our OL fiasco of the 2007 season. If Scott and Leonhard come on board we can get # 2 and 4 off of the list and then move OL and DE into the mix. Lets not forget punter too..lol

Is it me or do we have more holes than a typical 9-7 team?
                    J. MESS

Comment

• according to rotoworld

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Jets have decided to release TE Chris Baker.
                      The Jets would like to re-sign Baker to a cheaper deal, but they weren't going to fork out $9M for his March 5 roster bonus. Baker will test the market before deciding whether to return to the Jets or not. Dustin Keller's emergence in the passing game has made Baker a fantasy afterthought. Source: NFL.com
                      J. MESS

Comment

• I'd go...

1. QB - The guy could be on our roster, but that #1 spot on the depth chart is by far, IMO, the most pressing matter.
                        2. WR - Regardless of who our QB is he's going to need a WR. I know we're going to emphasize running the ball, but you need someone you can count on when the going gets tough, and that's definitely not Coles and I'm not sure anyone else could step up either.
                        3. RB - That being said, if we're going to run the ball a lot, we're going to need another RB. I know, two Pro Bowlers, but Leon's obviously not a franchise back and I'd find it hard to believe that T.J. will have a repeat performance. We'll need someone that can take a man's share of the carries.
                        4. S - I've always been a big proponent of the Safety position since it's what I like to play and to me, one of the most important positions on defense (even if it's not highly regarded). We already have one stud, but Rhodes should be allowed to be that centerfielder. With a guy that can stuff the run, we could be deadly against the rush.
                        5. ILB - I don't really feel as though the ILB is important in the 3-4, but the LB core is so it'd be best if we could shore it up. If we could find a great coverage linebacker, there wouldn't be a whole lot that could get through our front seven.

That being said, I think how we address the positions in the draft will be a little different. Barring Sanchez dropping to us, I'd believe that in some order our first two picks will go to two of WR, DE (only if we cut Ellis), LB, CB, and S.

EDIT: I should say, however, that Rex said we only have one or two holes on defense, so he sees less than most do there. ILB obviously has to be one, so the other is CB or S.
                        Last edited by thetedginnshow; 02-20-2009, 05:03 PM.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Oh and is this true?

http://blog.nj.com/jets/2009/02/jets..._eye_line.html

Are we really that far under the cap? That seems to be crazy, but I guess it'd make sense. I won't get my hopes up yet, though. Hopefully, however, if we do have that much, we don't find it necessary to spend every last dollar.

Comment

Oh and is this true?

http://blog.nj.com/jets/2009/02/jets..._eye_line.html

Are we really that far under the cap? That seems to be crazy, but I guess it'd make sense. I won't get my hopes up yet, though. Hopefully, however, if we do have that much, we don't find it necessary to spend every last dollar.
                            We got 8 million back when Favre retired so its probably true. If it is true I hope we go after a couple big names free agents.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I just want to say I'm glad for you folks because reading what the Jets fans have to say on other forums and the comments they post in the articles on the two big Jets sites makes me want to stab myself.
                              Not sure were but on another site two Jets fans said we should trade up to get Knowshon and then trade for Tjack. Makes me sad to know I share an intrest with these people

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                                according to rotoworld

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Jets have decided to release TE Chris Baker.
                                The Jets would like to re-sign Baker to a cheaper deal, but they weren't going to fork out $9M for his March 5 roster bonus. Baker will test the market before deciding whether to return to the Jets or not. Dustin Keller's emergence in the passing game has made Baker a fantasy afterthought. Source: NFL.com
                                Looks like Moore is good night moon as well. Interesting move, obviously both give us a lot more versatility in FA and the draft depending on who we sign and whatnot.

I'm also really glad you guys know a thing or two as well. Reading Hutch's article about our interest in Davis and Freeman, along with potentially Clay Matthews and Brian Cushing to fill our hole at ILB made me want to cry. The icing on the cake was when he broke down Freeman's junior year with the Jayhawks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information