Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im not gonna quote, but wouldnt a team like the packers, saints, or perhaps the broncos look to take a guy like Jenkins?

Comment

• If Antrel Rolle didn't fall out of the top ten, I don't think Jenkins will fall out of the top 15.
      Last edited by Crickett; 02-10-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Oh I'm not saying he will fall to us by any stretch, but with the speed questions and the position change questions perhaps he starts to fall. Strange things happen all the time, and Mayock already had him ranked in the mid teens. I'm starting to think we're going to have somebody with a really good value slip down to our pick and have a tough decision to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          Oh I'm not saying he will fall to us by any stretch, but with the speed questions and the position change questions perhaps he starts to fall. Strange things happen all the time, and Mayock already had him ranked in the mid teens. I'm starting to think we're going to have somebody with a really good value slip down to our pick and have a tough decision to make.
          I definitley believe that because this draft lacks the obvious elite talents, it is probable that a good value will fall. I don't care so much about Jenkins' speed. Because at the very least he will be a great safety. And also, I'm sure plenty of good corner's can't run a 4.5, they make up for it with smarts and toughness.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
            I definitley believe that because this draft lacks the obvious elite talents, it is probable that a good value will fall. I don't care so much about Jenkins' speed. Because at the very least he will be a great safety. And also, I'm sure plenty of good corner's can't run a 4.5, they make up for it with smarts and toughness.
            Right, I think he'd be technically sound enough for us to be decent across from Baby Lockdown, especially with the aggressive scheme. His ball skills are solid and I think he should be fast enough. Worst case we try him at FS and let Mr. Rhodes roam the box a little more and play deep some which I think would be a good fit for him. Although Ryan has said he sees Kerry as a FS I think he'd be better off with a FS type next to him, maybe it's just me though. Don't think he'll have to move to FS for us, though.

Comment

• I'd really like for free agency to get underway so we can get a better idea of where we're probably going looking forward.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Mike Nugent has decided to not return with the team and the Star-Ledger was previously incorrect when they said we have 37 million under the cap, it actually is 27 mill

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...clines_of.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jetvilma51 View Post
                  Mike Nugent has decided to not return with the team and the Star-Ledger was previously incorrect when they said we have 37 million under the cap, it actually is 27 mill

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...clines_of.html
                  while I was for the drafting of Nugent I never thought he reached the expectations of that hihg a pick. I was happy with Feely last year and hope we keep him.
                  J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                    I'd really like for free agency to get underway so we can get a better idea of where we're probably going looking forward.
                    Agreed. It's hard to tell with a bunch of positions possibly going either way.

Hope those rumors of Scott being close to re-signing with the Ravens are premature/BS.

Also not shocked on Nuge, I agree he never was the kicker we drafted him to be. What an awful draft, plus the Doug Jolley trade. Gross. Could've had Heath Miller instead...not that I'm unhappy with Keller.

Comment

• Oh and I forgot about Stacy Andrews. Tannenbaum has been high on him for a couple years now, so I wouldn't be surprised if we still were. He's coming off a big time knee surgery though and I don't know how many OL come back fine from that. But, he might come on the cheap.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                        Oh and I forgot about Stacy Andrews. Tannenbaum has been high on him for a couple years now, so I wouldn't be surprised if we still were. He's coming off a big time knee surgery though and I don't know how many OL come back fine from that. But, he might come on the cheap.
                        True story. He's got that swing ability at RT and RG. Think the Bengals are going to let him walk, and he's obviously quite talented. If he comes on the cheap I think we could go after him with a Hunter/Turner possibility if he gets hurt on the outside. Only concern I would have besides the injuries is he was pretty bad this past year, he may need to play on the inside which leaves Woody on the outside. If he gets hurt then we probably shuffle Woody in where I think we'd rather have him in the first place...intriguing guy though.

Comment

Agreed. It's hard to tell with a bunch of positions possibly going either way.

Hope those rumors of Scott being close to re-signing with the Ravens are premature/BS.

Also not shocked on Nuge, I agree he never was the kicker we drafted him to be. What an awful draft, plus the Doug Jolley trade. Gross. Could've had Heath Miller instead...not that I'm unhappy with Keller.

But he had a sports hernia. [/sarcasm]

Sorry, this bring back bad memories as I really wanted the Jets to draft Heath Miller, hated the trade and hated the Nugent pick even more when so many Jets fans I talked to were in favor of it. The promise of a kicker who was automatic from 50+ never materialized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            But he had a sports hernia. [/sarcasm]

Sorry, this bring back bad memories as I really wanted the Jets to draft Heath Miller, hated the trade and hated the Nugent pick even more when so many Jets fans I talked to were in favor of it. The promise of a kicker who was automatic from 50+ never materialized.
                            Such an awful draft. Usually I can make myself believe we made an alright move and find some sort of positive, and while I was somewhat able to do that I knew that we ****** up big time.

Comment

Such an awful draft. Usually I can make myself believe we made an alright move and find some sort of positive, and while I was somewhat able to do that I knew that we ****** up big time.
                              Exactly. At the time I remember a lot of Jets fans saying how a good kicker was the only reason the Jets failed in the playoffs and even if it seemed like Nugent was drafted too high, we needed him.

Worst draft ever.

Comment

• Espn 2 said Coles is being released
                                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                                Coples is that dude.
                                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information