Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As another wideout to add to the list, TJB mentioned Nate Washington. He's obviously a good athlete and a deep threat, but his hands are pretty suspect from what I've seen of him. He fits the mold of what we're looking for-to an extent-but I'd rather take my chances with Clowney to be honest. Cheaper option to provide something very similar. If we sign Washington to a big-ish contract and expect the world of him I'd be surprised if we didn't get McCareins-esque play from him.

Comment

• Saw a rumor somewhere that we're looking at Ray Lewis for 3 years $25 million. Not sure I'd like it, to be honest. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
        Saw a rumor somewhere that we're looking at Ray Lewis for 3 years $25 million. Not sure I'd like it, to be honest. Thoughts?
        If the Jets can't get Bart Scott, I wouldn't mind Ray Lewis at that contract considering the length of it and the amount of cap room the Jets currently have. I'd hope Leonard and McAlister would be significantly cheaper than that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          If the Jets can't get Bart Scott, I wouldn't mind Ray Lewis at that contract considering the length of it and the amount of cap room the Jets currently have. I'd hope Leonard and McAlister would be significantly cheaper than that though.
          Perhaps...still a lot of cap to give up for an aging guy whose coverage skills aren't great. Given the value of the ILB position I think it's money better spent elsewhere. Seems like a splash signing and I don't really like that...the focus should be on building a good team long-term...anyways. Agree on hoping the other two come cheap.

Saw a suggestion that Chansi Stuckey could be the replacement for Coles in the starting lineup. Not sure I'd be happy with that either to be honest I've always viewed him as more of a slot guy and think he can excel and should remain in that role. Everyone else's thoughts?

Comment

• Well Stucky straight up made plays when he got the ball last year. Now im not sure if hes more then just a slot guy but maybe he can step up more this year with more plays designed for him. The phins signed Gibril Wilson so hes out of the picture. But as I stated before I love Leonhard and hope hes in a Jets uni next season

Comment

• Finally cut Moore. Not sure what to think of it. I'm going to have to imagine we're making a play for some lineman out there, but it's funny because at just about every position we've cut someone it's been mentioned that there's confidence in a back-up.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                Finally cut Moore. Not sure what to think of it. I'm going to have to imagine we're making a play for some lineman out there, but it's funny because at just about every position we've cut someone it's been mentioned that there's confidence in a back-up.
                QB - Kellen Clemens
                RB - Thomas Jones
                FB - Tony Richardson
                WR - Jerricho Cotchery
                WR - Chansi Stuckey
                WR - David Clowney
                TE - Dustin Keller
                LT - D'Brickashaw Ferugson
                LG - Alan Faneca
                C- Nick Mangold
                RG - Damien Woody
                RT - Wayne Hunter
                DE - Shaun Ellis
                NT - Kris Jenkins
                DE - Kenyon Coleman
                OLB - Bryan Thomas
                ILB - David Harris
                ILB - Cody Spencer
                OLB - Calvin Pace
                SS - Eric Smith
                FS - Kerry Rhodes
                CB - Darrelle Revis
                CB - Dwight Lowry

I'm sure the Jets coaching staff has full confidence in this as the starting lineup. :p

Comment

QB - Kellen Clemens
                  RB - Thomas Jones
                  FB - Tony Richardson
                  WR - Jerricho Cotchery
                  WR - Chansi Stuckey
                  WR - David Clowney
                  TE - Dustin Keller
                  LT - D'Brickashaw Ferugson
                  LG - Alan Faneca
                  C- Nick Mangold
                  RG - Damien Woody
                  RT - Wayne Hunter
                  DE - Shaun Ellis
                  NT - Kris Jenkins
                  DE - Kenyon Coleman
                  OLB - Bryan Thomas
                  ILB - David Harris
                  ILB - Cody Spencer
                  OLB - Calvin Pace
                  SS - Eric Smith
                  FS - Kerry Rhodes
                  CB - Darrelle Revis
                  CB - Dwight Lowry

I'm sure the Jets coaching staff has full confidence in this as the starting lineup. :p
                  Ugh, there are some craters in there, calling them holes doesn't do the weakness of the position justice.

Comment

• http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...ngs-about.html

Just got off the phone with RG Brandon Moore, who shared mixed feelings about his release from the Jets. He's disappointed that the organization didn't feel he was worth his contract, but thankful to them for giving him a chance. Remember, he originally signed as an undrafted defensive lineman out of Illinois in 2003.
                    The Jets cut him because they didn't want to pay a $7 million roster bonus. I asked Moore if they offered to convert the signing bonus into a roster bonus, a routine restructuring that would've saved oodles of cap room, and he said: "They wanted to lower my money. They wanted me to take less money. For whatever reason, unbeknownst to me, they didn't feel my value was there. It's puzzling to me. I wasn't going to take anything less. I thought what I was getting wasn't unreasonable."
                    He declined to give the specifics of the Jets' offer, saying he wanted to take the high road.
                    This is a player who has been saddled with lousy contracts throughout his career, even when he became a starter in 2004. They sweetened his deal - a little - in 2007, but it still was a below-market contract.
                    "I never had the big signing day, never had the big contract," he said. "I felt I outplayed my contract. For whatever reason, they didn't think I was worthy of it. I know the truth. I know how much I'm worth. The reasons behind it, I don't want to get into. I enjoyed my time there. I'll be forever indebted to the Jets because they gave me a chance."
                    As I've stated several times, this was a bad move by the Jets. But don't cry for Moore; he's one of the top guards in the free-agent market, and he'll do just fine. Rest assured, he'll get more than $7 million in guarantees.
                    He still will count as $385,000 in dead money on the Jets' cap, but the team will realize a savings of $7.46 million. It has been speculated that Damien Woody, a former guard, will move to Moore's spot, but I think they'll leave Woody at right tackle. Tackles are harder to find than guards.
                    Am I the only one not on Moore's side? I don't know, it kind of reminds me of Coles and Baker where they highly over-value themselves, because I really don't think Moore's worth that much. In my mind, just about every move done so far has been as much about promoting team chemistry as it has been about cutting cap, so I'm all for it until I see something negative.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I'm surprised that Chris Canty and Igor Olshansky aren't getting more talk. Both of them are young and good fits for a 3-4. Olshansky doesn't offer much in the way of versatility, but he should at least provide some competition. Canty is versatile and is a good up and comer in the league. I would rather sign either of these two than see the Jets go the tyson Jackson route in the first round.

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...ngs-about.html

Am I the only one not on Moore's side? I don't know, it kind of reminds me of Coles and Baker where they highly over-value themselves, because I really don't think Moore's worth that much. In my mind, just about every move done so far has been as much about promoting team chemistry as it has been about cutting cap, so I'm all for it until I see something negative.
                        I don't see the comparison. Unlike Coles and Baker who demanded more money, all Moore wanted was the money in his contract. Not an unreasonable demand, especially coming off of a pretty good season. IIRC, Moore contract was 6 years 23 million. Considering the ridiculous contracts guards have been getting, that doesn't seem unreasonable for a guard of his quality. I don't know why they weren't willing to just renegotiate the deal and why they wanted him to take a pay cut. So the Jets have 7 million more in cap room and a new need to fill. To me, this was the first bad cut the Jets have made.

Comment

I don't see the comparison. Unlike Coles and Baker who demanded more money, all Moore wanted was the money in his contract. Not an unreasonable demand, especially coming off of a pretty good season. IIRC, Moore contract was 6 years 23 million. Considering the ridiculous contracts guards have been getting, that doesn't seem unreasonable for a guard of his quality. I don't know why they weren't willing to just renegotiate the deal and why they wanted him to take a pay cut. So the Jets have 7 million more in cap room and a new need to fill. To me, this was the first bad cut the Jets have made.
                          Actually reading over the article again, I read it wrong the first time. I thought he said he wanted more money. So I take it back. Still don't particularly care that we're letting him go though. Of course, this leaves the Jets in quite a predicament because if TJ and Leon don't have the same kind of year and the Jets give up more sacks, everyone will act as if it's because Moore is gone.

Comment

Actually reading over the article again, I read it wrong the first time. I thought he said he wanted more money. So I take it back. Still don't particularly care that we're letting him go though. Of course, this leaves the Jets in quite a predicament because if TJ and Leon don't have the same kind of year and the Jets give up more sacks, everyone will act as if it's because Moore is gone.
                            Well, I'd say it will depend on who they replace Moore with. If the Jets truly feel his replacement is already on the roster, IMO the Jets will give up more sacks and the running game won't be as good and it will be because Moore is gone (and they didn't go and get a suitable replacement).

Comment

• Moore was one of the better run-blockers in the league. This is a huge blow. Your offense is shaping up to be very weak next season.

Maybe Super Leon will get 20 touches a game and make up for the less talented OL and shaky QB situation.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Just a few more hours...hoping a Bart Scott deal doesn't get done last minute and we can get him up here for a visit and see what we can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information