This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://jets.lohudblogs.com/2009/02/2...hardson-signs/

Yay. T-Rich back, though we knew it was going to happen.

Looks like our top targets are Scott, Kemorefer (Steelers OG), and Leonhard.

Scott turned down a contract that would give him 7 mil a year, so we'll probably offer 8 a year and it'll be a done deal. Whatever he gets, wherever it is, keep in mind Pace got a 6 year 42 mil contract from us last year, and Scott's a better player.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
      http://jets.lohudblogs.com/2009/02/2...hardson-signs/

Yay. T-Rich back, though we knew it was going to happen.

Looks like our top targets are Scott, Kemorefer (Steelers OG), and Leonhard.
      The Jets released Moore so they could sign that guy???? :( :( :(

Comment

• Bart Scott was just on NFL Live. He seems like a real cool guy. He needs to get on that plane...
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Bart Scott was just on NFL Live. He seems like a real cool guy. He needs to get on that plane...
          Absolutely, I'd love him here, and he did seem really cool. Not sure what the deal is with Keomendergen but I figured we'd at least look at a right tackle to replace Moore and slide Woody inside. Apparently not...would be slightly frustrating to spend a ton of money on another guard when Moore is solid unless they've caught something we didn't, and I'm skeptical about that (I sound too much like that guy after the Marino pick to take a theory like that seriously). Awesome to get T-Rich re-signed too that was clutch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            The Jets released Moore so they could sign that guy???? :( :( :(
            eh Rex Ryan has been planning against him so he knows what he can do.
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
              eh Rex Ryan has been planning against him so he knows what he can do.
              He's also very large. Would add some nice beef to our line.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                He's also very large. Would add some nice beef to our line.
                Im just gonna have faith that Tannenbaum and Ryan know what they're doing. Seemingly it doesn't make sense, but perhaps they know of stuff they can do in free agency that will make up for it.
                I don't know about his contract and stuff, but would it make sense as a possibility that he resigns with a new deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                  Im just gonna have faith that Tannenbaum and Ryan know what they're doing. Seemingly it doesn't make sense, but perhaps they know of stuff they can do in free agency that will make up for it.
                  I don't know about his contract and stuff, but would it make sense as a possibility that he resigns with a new deal?
                  Moore? We asked him to take less and he said no, to be honest he was on a reasonable contract anyways. Kemoeatu I think will require a contract that's more than Moore would have gotten so unless he's that much of an upgrade or Moore was a locker room issue...

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...ngs-about.html

Am I the only one not on Moore's side? I don't know, it kind of reminds me of Coles and Baker where they highly over-value themselves, because I really don't think Moore's worth that much. In my mind, just about every move done so far has been as much about promoting team chemistry as it has been about cutting cap, so I'm all for it until I see something negative.

No you are not the only one. This is a move that I dont agree with at all. He is a pretty good guard and was not getting a lot of money. I would like to see us find someone as good as him for less money. But the move is done and we will have to live with it. I hope we sign Scott or Leonhard by tomorrow.
                    Last edited by GET LOOSE; 02-27-2009, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                      Moore? We asked him to take less and he said no, to be honest he was on a reasonable contract anyways. Kemoeatu I think will require a contract that's more than Moore would have gotten so unless he's that much of an upgrade or Moore was a locker room issue...
                      Thanks, I haven't been able to keep up on news in the sports or the world in general these days. I've had a few essays and exams monopolizing my time.

Comment

• Something semi random, but we might bring in Jabari Greer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXhbK...eature=related
                        Last edited by thetedginnshow; 02-27-2009, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                          Moore was one of the better run-blockers in the league. This is a huge blow. Your offense is shaping up to be very weak next season.
                          I think their plan was to never give Moore the 7 mill this year. The only thing is he played much better last year than they thought.
                          J. MESS

Comment

Something semi random, but we might bring in Jabari Greer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXhbK...eature=related
                            Not surprised, it's a move that could make some sense.

Saw somewhere we have a standing offer of 4M/year for Kemoeotu. Makes me wonder how much better we felt he was than Moore, but at least we're not going to give him one of those disgustingly large guard contracts if we do sign him. Not happy about it, but could be far worse.

We got Bart Scott!!!!!!!!!!! Our LB corps looks pretty solid right now.
                            Last edited by derza222; 02-27-2009, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• *Crosses starting ILB off of the list of Jets needs.*

They're also saying that the Jets are looking at Corey Ivy. I'm much rather Chris McAlister.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                                *Crosses starting ILB off of the list of Jets needs.*

They're also saying that the Jets are looking at Corey Ivy. I'm much rather Chris McAlister.
                                Agreed. Possibly it means there's faith in Lowery? I guess if Ivy comes cheap it's no big deal given we have really awful corner depth and he can play nickel. McAllister is nice though because I could see him at least potentially starting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information