Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • There was some reports that we'd go after Ray Lewis too which seems crazy.

    I don't know about McAllister though. I think there's a reason he got cut and I'm assuming he's not even on their radar, considering his age, fading talent, and I'm pretty sure he had attitude issues at least there at the end.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

    Comment


    • Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
      There was some reports that we'd go after Ray Lewis too which seems crazy.

      I don't know about McAllister though. I think there's a reason he got cut and I'm assuming he's not even on their radar, considering his age, fading talent, and I'm pretty sure he had attitude issues at least there at the end.
      Well, there's probably a few reasons. The Ravens needed all the cap relief they could get in order to try to sign Suggs, Lewis and Scott. McAlister was due something like $8 mill and he's coming off injury at 32 years old.

      I'm personally hoping that we get Jabari Greer for a decent contract. He would be an excellent #2 CB opposite Revis.

      Sign Chris Kemoteau for $4 mill a year and we addressed ILB, CB and OG this offseason, with plenty of cap space left.

      Anyone else have a feeling we are going to do something crazy?? I know some of the money could be used to extend Leon, but we still have a significant amount of money under the cap, even with all these moves.
      Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 02-27-2009, 11:22 AM.

      "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        There was some reports that we'd go after Ray Lewis too which seems crazy.

        I don't know about McAllister though. I think there's a reason he got cut and I'm assuming he's not even on their radar, considering his age, fading talent, and I'm pretty sure he had attitude issues at least there at the end.
        Im sure they're not going to get both Lewis and Scott. As for McAlister, I'd like to see the Jets try to sign him because I figure he will be a short term answer at cornerback while Lowry continues to develop. Due to his age and injury history, I am kind of figuring he will be a lower (wont say low) cost signing.

        Comment


        • If we do happen to get Kemo, here's a vid on him on Shaun Rogers.

          http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=3507
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

          Comment


          • I think signing Kemo speaks to what Rex said about attitude and toughness. Kemo sure looks intimidating.
            J. MESS

            Comment


            • Scott is waiting for the ravens to match our offer and Kemo is staying with the steelers. Damn.

              Comment


              • Kind of cool about Kemo. I'm sure we can find a good Guard in the draft and now we have even more money to spend!
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                Comment


                • Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                  Kind of cool about Kemo. I'm sure we can find a good Guard in the draft and now we have even more money to spend!

                  Way to stsay positive. :D

                  Im very excited to bring in Scott and hope we bring in Leonhard very soon.
                  I hear we expect a vist from Ivy as well. Not to high on him but Rex knows more then I do and he will be very cheap
                  Last edited by GET LOOSE; 02-27-2009, 02:03 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                    Way to stsay positive. :D

                    Im very excited to bring in Scott and hope we bring in Leonhard very soon.
                    I hear we expect a vist from Ivy as well. Not to high on him but Rex knows more then I do and he will be very cheap
                    I wasn't a fan of signing Kemo for that kinda cash so Im glad he is back in Pittsburgh. Im still hoping the Jets realize the mistake that was releasing Brandon Moore.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                      I wasn't a fan of signing Kemo for that kinda cash so Im glad he is back in Pittsburgh. Im still hoping the Jets realize the mistake that was releasing Brandon Moore.
                      Yea I want Moore back I dont know what we were thinking.

                      Comment


                      • Not too bummed about missing out on Kemo, but wtf is going on with Scott here? This thing is dragging out way longer than it needs to be. Remember the Antoine Winfield fiasco? At this point I wonder if we actually end up with him.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          Not too bummed about missing out on Kemo, but wtf is going on with Scott here? This thing is dragging out way longer than it needs to be. Remember the Antoine Winfield fiasco? At this point I wonder if we actually end up with him.
                          Agreeing in principle and then going to another team and saying "will you offer the same or more?" isn't really agreeing in principle at all. :(

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            Agreeing in principle and then going to another team and saying "will you offer the same or more?" isn't really agreeing in principle at all. :(
                            Just frustrating, he would be such a huge add to our team and everybody's reporting he's on board but then he backs out last second...

                            Comment


                            • Something funny, but Reggie Williams was just caught with pot, so that's probably a no go. lol
                              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                              Comment


                              • As for Bart Scott, he wants the Ravens to assure him that he will be the leader of our defense, as well as higher pay from the Ravens in order for him to return. The Ravens have 2 choices, overpay him, bring him back and lose Ray, OR let Bart go to New York, and potentially get Ray Lewis back. However, if WE get Bart, Ray has been rumored to consider retirement or he could go to the Jets. So I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

                                Basiclly

                                Ravens get Bart, Jets get Ray.
                                Ravens get Ray, Jets get Bart.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information