Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty clutch getting Moore back, Lito for a fourth wouldn't be awful even though it seems those are the only picks we consistently hit on. I'm pretty happy with our offseason thus far, hopefully we keep doing a solid job.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      Pretty clutch getting Moore back, Lito for a fourth wouldn't be awful even though it seems those are the only picks we consistently hit on. I'm pretty happy with our offseason thus far, hopefully we keep doing a solid job.

The Jets and Eagles have agreed to a trade that will send a 2009 fifth-round pick and a 2010 conditional pick to the Eagles for CB Lito Sheppard.
      The 2010 pick could be anywhere between a second and fourth-round pick, presumably depending on Sheppard's playing time. The price is too big for our tastes, but Sheppard would fill a big void opposite Darrelle Revis. We give the Eagles a lot of credit for holding on to Sheppard last year and getting this excellent value

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=140337&id=755

Not a bad trade. I would imagine that the conditional pick is tied mostly to # of games and of course performance. The only way I really see Lito not being worth his pick is if he gets hurt; when healthy, he is a solid #2 CB.

I think a lot of people on different sites overvalue their draft picks and if we can get a very solid #2 CB for a 5th and a 2nd, than it shouldn't be too upsetting.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Not a fan of giving up a future second unless its some kind of pro bowl incentive or something. :(

Comment

• Yeah, hopefully it's a Pro Bowl appearance or something. But anyways, we've been doing some solid work so far. Not about that draft...
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
            Yeah, hopefully it's a Pro Bowl appearance or something. But anyways, we've been doing some solid work so far. Not about that draft...
            AGREED. So far so good, If we add Leonhard then other than WR and QB (depending on where you stand with that) most of our glaring needs were met.
            J. MESS

Comment

• SICK offseason so far. Love it.

Comment

• i'm really happy about the fa period so far.

scott is a HUGE get and will be a very important piece to our defense, especially since he already knows exactly how ryand and pettine work. harris, scott, and jenkins in the middle = SCARY!

sheppard is meh. giving up a 5th this year is fine, however, the possible escalation to a 2nd next year bothers me. it's apparantly based on playing time, and since i'm assuming lito is gonna be the #2 corner opposite revis, that doesn't bode well. i'm going to expect we give up a 3rd next year as well (which, i mean, is that really bad? when was the last time we drafted a solid contributor in the 3rd?).

looks like we'll also get ivy, who would be another great addition in my opinion because he'll also know exactly what ryan and pettine will be doing. plus, our corner depth would also go from dreadful to incredible. 1. revis 2. sheppard 3. ivy/lowery 4. lowery/ivy.

finally, it looks like we're going to get yet another raven in leonhard. another solid contributor who ryan seems to love.

maybe we'll go after canty/olshansky too? looks like we'll definitely take a WR in the 1st which i am happy about (let's go maclin!).

Comment

• Originally posted by okay123 View Post
                  i'm really happy about the fa period so far.

scott is a HUGE get and will be a very important piece to our defense, especially since he already knows exactly how ryand and pettine work. harris, scott, and jenkins in the middle = SCARY!

sheppard is meh. giving up a 5th this year is fine, however, the possible escalation to a 2nd next year bothers me. it's apparantly based on playing time, and since i'm assuming lito is gonna be the #2 corner opposite revis, that doesn't bode well. i'm going to expect we give up a 3rd next year as well (which, i mean, is that really bad? when was the last time we drafted a solid contributor in the 3rd?).

looks like we'll also get ivy, who would be another great addition in my opinion because he'll also know exactly what ryan and pettine will be doing. plus, our corner depth would also go from dreadful to incredible. 1. revis 2. sheppard 3. ivy/lowery 4. lowery/ivy.

finally, it looks like we're going to get yet another raven in leonhard. another solid contributor who ryan seems to love.

maybe we'll go after canty/olshansky too? looks like we'll definitely take a WR in the 1st which i am happy about (let's go maclin!).
                  I'm not thrilled with the idea of the Jets surrendering their 2010 2nd rounder, but otherwise, I'm ecstatic with the Lito Sheppard acquisition. He's a pro bowl corner who was pushed to the back burner when the Eagles signed Asante Samuel. The Jets haven't had a duo of corners even close to this good since 2001 when they had Aaron Glenn and Marcus Coleman. I feel the Jets need to sign him to a long term deal however.

All the Jets need to do is get Jim Leonhard and sign some low cost depth guys at positions such as RB, WR, TE and DL and then begin focusing on the draft. But who knows. I didn't think they'd get Kris Jenkins last year and I didn't think they'd look at Lito Sheppard this year, so maybe the Jets will continue to provide pleasant surprises.

Comment

• Absolutely think they'll have to extent Lito, same idea as the Jenkins trade last year really. If this trade works out about 1/4 as well as that one I'll be damn happy with it. Giving up potentially a future second kind of sucks, but to be honest I'll take that over the fourth. Means we have a hole filled as opposed to giving up a pick for basically nothing.

Kind of hope we don't sign Ivy, at this point we may as well get corner depth from the draft in the mid rounds or something. If we do sign him then not for much, but with Revis, Lito, and Lowery whoever we sign is a #4 or pushes Lowery to #4 which I don't want to see.

At this point if we sign Leonhard I wouldn't mind looking at another safety at some point in the draft, but it looks like WR, depth on both lines, maybe ILB or corner depth, tight end of course, and maybe a big back. Should be pretty interesting.

Got to say I'm very happy with all of the moves, but I think the best one may have been admitting the Brandon Moore mistake after Kemo was gone and getting him back on board.

Comment

• You guys are really building up your defense.

I think that's a damn good trade for Lito. I'm sure the 2010 value all depends on # of snaps he takes and whether he reaches the Pro Bowl, ya know, real incentive laden.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                        You guys are really building up your defense.

I think that's a damn good trade for Lito. I'm sure the 2010 value all depends on # of snaps he takes and whether he reaches the Pro Bowl, ya know, real incentive laden.
                        Yeah, I think we're all pretty happy about the moves we've made. A safety would be nice and some defensive line depth would be nice and then we should be in decent shape. Tannenbaum's doing pretty well thus far.

The offense, however, is another story. At least our offensive line is staying intact and T-Rich will be back as well.

You guys did a nice job getting Vilma back, and should be in a position to make some more solid moves this offseason. What you guys do with your first will be one of the more interesting things in the draft also, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          You guys are really building up your defense.

Yep, and the Jets clearly aren't even done yet looking to sign Jim Leonhard and Corey Ivy. I just hope they pay some attention to the offense and add some decent depth at WR, TE and OL.

Comment

• Not to put a damper on things, but did you folks know the Pats have four picks before the end of the second round now? That's... saddening.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Oh actually... hopefully most of those picks will go to Peppers. So that's... uh... a good way at looking at it...

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                                Not to put a damper on things, but did you folks know the Pats have four picks before the end of the second round now? That's... saddening.
                                It could have been three 1st rounders so Im glade it was only a 2nd givin up for Cassel.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information