This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
    It could have been three 1st rounders so Im glade it was only a 2nd givin up for Cassel.
    So let me get this straight. Mangini leaves the Pats and Bellichick won't talk to him, Pioli leaves the Pats and Belichick hands him a QB as a going away present. I know Mangini went within the division but Pioli is still in the conference and if he turnes things around there the Chiefs and Pats will be in constant competition.
    J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      Yeah, I think we're all pretty happy about the moves we've made. A safety would be nice and some defensive line depth would be nice and then we should be in decent shape. Tannenbaum's doing pretty well thus far.

The offense, however, is another story. At least our offensive line is staying intact and T-Rich will be back as well.

You guys did a nice job getting Vilma back, and should be in a position to make some more solid moves this offseason. What you guys do with your first will be one of the more interesting things in the draft also, IMO.

ESPN says its for picks in 2010 and 2011

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3942420
      J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
        So let me get this straight. Mangini leaves the Pats and Bellichick won't talk to him, Pioli leaves the Pats and Belichick hands him a QB as a going away present. I know Mangini went within the division but Pioli is still in the conference and if he turnes things around there the Chiefs and Pats will be in constant competition.
        Hey better for us they gave him away for a second then getting a first. And thats all in the past we have REX RYAN!!. Im not to worried about the pats this year for some reason. There D just does not fear me. and BTW I meant two 1st rounders in my previous post.

Comment

• The Cowboys got Kitna, I was hoping he'd be the veteran that we would bring in.
          J. MESS

Comment

• Hope we sign Leonhard quick. He should be arriving in a little while if he hasnt yet.

Comment

• http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/arch...tend-lito.html

We extended Lito's contract

Comment

• Still think we should go after canty or olshansky

Comment

• Definitely would be interested in Canty.

But it seems like we paid Sheppard quite a bit considering the seasons he's coming off of. I was hoping it'd be in the 5 mil range. Hopefully the draft pick compensation isn't as bad as it sounds.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• If we sign Royal that we be nice to replace Baker with. Although hes does not have the hands Baker has hes a good blocker. Then if we get Leonhard done going after Canty or Olshansky would be a very nice. That would be some offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                      If we sign Royal that we be nice to replace Baker with. Although hes does not have the hands Baker has hes a good blocker. Then if we get Leonhard done going after Canty or Olshansky would be a very nice. That would be some offseason.
                      So long as Royal won't kill the cap, can block and occasionally catch a few passes, I'd be okay with the signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                        Definitely would be interested in Canty.

But it seems like we paid Sheppard quite a bit considering the seasons he's coming off of. I was hoping it'd be in the 5 mil range. Hopefully the draft pick compensation isn't as bad as it sounds.
                        from what i've heard, he's still only getting 3 mil this year, and since next year is uncapped, it isn't an issue that he'll be getting a raise.

Comment

• Originally posted by okay123 View Post
                          from what i've heard, he's still only getting 3 mil this year, and since next year is uncapped, it isn't an issue that he'll be getting a raise.
                          Well I was making note of it just to see that hopefully we're a little better at negotiating than the rest and we don't tend to overpay, but what's more important to me is how the draft pick compensation is worked out.

EDIT: Oh and looking at another deal, the Ravens signed Foxworth for 4 years 28 mil and he's absolutely awful in comparison to Sheppard, so we got a hell of deal. But those draft picks...
                          Last edited by thetedginnshow; 03-01-2009, 06:26 AM.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            Well I was making note of it just to see that hopefully we're a little better at negotiating than the rest and we don't tend to overpay, but what's more important to me is how the draft pick compensation is worked out.

EDIT: Oh and looking at another deal, the Ravens signed Foxworth for 4 years 28 mil and he's absolutely awful in comparison to Sheppard, so we got a hell of deal. But those draft picks...
                            At least you know you got somebody solid for those picks. Unfortunate to give up two, though. As long it takes a lot to give up the two it's alright.

With the contract Rotoworld says since he's getting some 10 million bonus before the 2010 season he'll probably either be released or renegotiated, so we basically have him on a one year tryout for 3 million. Not bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                              At least you know you got somebody solid for those picks. Unfortunate to give up two, though. As long it takes a lot to give up the two it's alright.

With the contract Rotoworld says since he's getting some 10 million bonus before the 2010 season he'll probably either be released or renegotiated, so we basically have him on a one year tryout for 3 million. Not bad.
                              Even though it is two picks, I'm also pretty happy with the deal. Getting an experienced guy that is also on the right side of 30 to fill a need is huge. With the addition of Sheppard, now Lowery moves to nickle and coleman and poteat can play dime. With maybe one cheap addition for depth, the secondary is looking really good and pretty deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                                Even though it is two picks, I'm also pretty happy with the deal. Getting an experienced guy that is also on the right side of 30 to fill a need is huge. With the addition of Sheppard, now Lowery moves to nickle and coleman and poteat can play dime. With maybe one cheap addition for depth, the secondary is looking really good and pretty deep.
                                Yeah I do like the deal, just would've preferred it was one. Really just being picky there though. He hopefully will be solid in what seemingly equates to a contract year, and solidifies a huge weakness of ours with a vet.

At this point it's looking like WR is our only big need going into the draft and then we can make depth picks elsewhere (TE, DL, OL, big back, ILB...).

Wouldn't mind not addressing SS in free agency and going for it in the draft with a trade up in the second or something, though. Would be especially nice to do if it allows us to get another stud (Canty, though that seems to be a pipe dream since we haven't been associated with him at all) or extend some of our legit guys (#29?).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information