This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
    I actually am not sure we'd be interested in bringing in another WR. It doesn't seem like there's an absolute ton of interest in people not on the Ravens, and like how Rex feels about the QBs, I kind of think he might feel the same way about the WRs in that with having a veteran position coach there, that'll be enough of a "veteran WR" for them to mimic. Plus, the WR crop is absolutely horrible. The only person they could learn anything from is Engram, but he's dying. And really, if we're ever going to see anything out of Stuckey/Clowney, bringing in a veteran WR isn't going to help that.
    They have been talking a lot about Clowney and how excited they are to give him a chance. As I said I would love to go into opening day with.....

Cotch
    Maclin/DHB
    Stucky
    Clowney

That is a pretty nice WR corps if Stucky and Clowney step up (And ofcourse if Maclin or DHB isnt a bust)

Comment

I actually am not sure we'd be interested in bringing in another WR. It doesn't seem like there's an absolute ton of interest in people not on the Ravens, and like how Rex feels about the QBs, I kind of think he might feel the same way about the WRs in that with having a veteran position coach there, that'll be enough of a "veteran WR" for them to mimic. Plus, the WR crop is absolutely horrible. The only person they could learn anything from is Engram, but he's dying. And really, if we're ever going to see anything out of Stuckey/Clowney, bringing in a veteran WR isn't going to help that.

IMO, bringing in a vet wide receiver isn't so much so Stuckey and Clowney can learn from them, but rather to compete with them to get that slot job. The Jets were supposedly talking to Kelley Washington and i was hoping they would take a flier on him given he has spent his whole career buried on some of the best WR depth charts in recent memory and has something to prove.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
        IMO, bringing in a vet wide receiver isn't so much so Stuckey and Clowney can learn from them, but rather to compete with them to get that slot job. The Jets were supposedly talking to Kelley Washington and i was hoping they would take a flier on him given he has spent his whole career buried on some of the best WR depth charts in recent memory and has something to prove.
        Oh sorry. I might've been a bit misleading there. I was saying bringing in a vet wouldn't help Clowney/Stuckey as it would detract from their playing time.

Oh and... anyone see Andre Goodman's deal? Pretty similar to Lito's. We got a hell of a deal there.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Yeah I couldnt belive they gave him that much money. Goodman is not worth 25mil.

Comment

Oh sorry. I might've been a bit misleading there. I was saying bringing in a vet wouldn't help Clowney/Stuckey as it would detract from their playing time.
            If it does, it probably should IMO.

Comment

• granted, I dont get to see these guys in practice but I would be a little disapointed if all we do to address the WR corps this year is draft a guy on day one. But who knows, maybe we'll take a flyer on a veteran with something to prove. It would be nice however to have a receiver 6'3 or taller one of these years. When you think about it, we haven't had a big, physical, reliable target since Keyshawn.

Plax anyone? (only kidding)
              J. MESS

Comment

• he wouldn't have to move. and he's already familiar with the night club scene in the area. perfect fit for everyone!
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• i agree with everyone else that it isn't worth it to get housh... too much money and we need a #1, not another #2.

i'm thinking at this point we should trade up to get maclin if he falls to the teens. and since tanny seems to love to trade up to get his guy on draft day, i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility (assuming he likes maclin, or wants to get a top WR). if we don't get maclin, i think we should trade back into the 25ish range to grab nicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by okay123 View Post
                    i'm thinking at this point we should trade up to get maclin if he falls to the teens. and since tanny seems to love to trade up to get his guy on draft day, i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility (assuming he likes maclin, or wants to get a top WR). if we don't get maclin, i think we should trade back into the 25ish range to grab nicks.
                    I wouldn't mind a trade up using the Jets third given their recent track record with that round. However, at the moment, the three people I'm hoping the Jets get one of in the first round are Maclin, DHB and Kenny Britt and I'm fairly certain one or two of them will be there at #17. If the Jets don't trade up, I'd probably be happier if the Jets traded up in the second to get the safety their have highest on their board.

Comment

• Maclin, DHB, Britt, and Nicks are all guys I really like. At 17 I hope Maclin or DHB are there. If not I would like to trade down to the lower 20s and grab Britt or Nicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                        Maclin, DHB, Britt, and Nicks are all guys I really like. At 17 I hope Maclin or DHB are there. If not I would like to trade down to the lower 20s and grab Britt or Nicks.
                        I'd be afraid to trade down for Britt. I look at who's picking and I wonder if Britt would be taken 18th if the Jets traded down.

Comment

I'd be afraid to trade down for Britt. I look at who's picking and I wonder if Britt would be taken 18th if the Jets traded down.
                          You may be right. I wonder if the bears are high on him. As long as we get 1 of those 4 I think I would be pretty happy.

Comment

i don't think britt will go anywhere higher than mid 20s, so i'm not worried about that and would be willing to trade back and take that small risk. and even if he is taken when we trade back, i would be fine with nicks.

also, regarding DHB, watch out for him being the 1st WR off the board to the raiders now that seattle will most likely not take crabtree because they signed housh. would that be crazy or what (although i know it's not likely)?

Comment

• Originally posted by okay123 View Post
                              i don't think britt will go anywhere higher than mid 20s, so i'm not worried about that and would be willing to trade back and take that small risk. and even if he is taken when we trade back, i would be fine with nicks.

also, regarding DHB, watch out for him being the 1st WR off the board to the raiders now that seattle will most likely not take crabtree because they signed housh. would that be crazy or what (although i know it's not likely)?
                              I still think Crickett's point on the Bears is pretty good, Britt fits what they need really well. Nicks would probably be a better pick for them, though.

With the Raiders, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Harvin a long look at 7 as an off the wall pick. Seems like the kind of thing Al Davis might do.

Comment

• Bart Scott's trying to recruit all the Ravens players (minus Ray Ray). Look at our leader go...
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information