This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
    I understand your treipdation about drafting DHB, although I feel differently, but I will have to disagree with selection Ron Brace. Last year, when Jenkins went down and Pouh-bear was in, teams ran right at us and we basically were as effective at stopping them as a mesh condom stopping pregnancy. It might seem a bit overkill drafting a person who is going to be considered as mainly a backup, but I think his presence will be felt as more than just a backup.

Towards the end of the season, Jenkins was clearly wearing down and when he wasn't playing up to his standards, our team drastically suffered. Besides keeping Jenkins fresh and thus our defense stout and running on all cylinders, Brace could be used in the 4-3 type of alignments right next jenkins.
    Oh I definitely think we should draft a back-up, but I just don't think that's something you do with your 2nd rounder. Not only is that wasteful but if I were Jenkins, I'd see it as an insult. And nothing really says definitively that Brace will be a great NT, so I don't see why we can't wait a couple rounds and draft someone like a Sammie Lee Hill much later.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• One thing I'm going to say based on Tim's mock and the responses.

Lets assume for a minute that the Jets do what (most of) we want and draft one of the high profile speedy wide receivers in the first round. What then? After the first round, the Jets don't really have much in the way of needs beyond depth. So just about anyone makes sense regardless of position. I'd say the lone exception to that is center.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
        Is there any word of us going after any veteran QBs currently?
        Every question that has been asked to Tanubaum about our QB situation, he has said dont rule out signing a QB but i highly doubt we pick one up. the organization seems to be confident with the QBs on our team and there hasnt been one media source of us talking to any free agent QB

Comment

• I figured. I really think we are going to be looking at all 3 even though we are at #17. A lot of trades are going to go down I have a feeling. Im starting to think Peppers wont be dealt till then and will shake up the draft. Also, the real question is going to be what happens at Seattle's #4 and then at Oakland becuase if all works out we could wind up with Possibly Maclin, Sanchez, or maybe even Crabtrizzle....Doubtful but its going to be interesting to see hte trickle effect I really just want to stay away from DHB...Something about a virtual workout warrior isnt selling me...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            One thing I'm going to say based on Tim's mock and the responses.

Lets assume for a minute that the Jets do what (most of) we want and draft one of the high profile speedy wide receivers in the first round. What then? After the first round, the Jets don't really have much in the way of needs beyond depth. So just about anyone makes sense regardless of position. I'd say the lone exception to that is center.
            Yeah beyond that it's just schematic/skill set picks. A running back would be great...but I want a big one. If we draft a little quick guy with nice hands you can color me confused. So I really don't think you're going to see anybody say **** we took position X, but it's going to be an issue if the guy doesn't fit something that we need at the position. Or if we take some 6'1 290 pound defensive lineman who clearly doesn't have the frame to play the nose...things like that can be questioned but outside of that I see little issue position to position.

Comment

• After we take WR in the 1st (im praying we do) then anything is possible. DE is probably the only other position that sticks out as a need. Coleman is solid but it would be nice to get a power guy in there. And Ellis probably still has a good 2 years left in him but after that im not to sure. So WR and DE should both go in day 1. After that we take BPA that would fit into our type of play. Gotta say that I dont think I have ever been this excited considering we dont have to reach for a need. Should be a great draft as well as a great year.

Comment

Is there any word of us going after any veteran QBs currently?

Word on the street is that Rex wants to ride and die with the three we have now and thinks the heir apparent to Favre is currently on our team. It's possible that we could sign one, but Rex seems to be a straight shooter and has given no reason to think otherwise. He feels as though a vet wouldn't allow us to evaluate the talent that we currently have on our team and I agree.

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                Oh I definitely think we should draft a back-up, but I just don't think that's something you do with your 2nd rounder. Not only is that wasteful but if I were Jenkins, I'd see it as an insult. And nothing really says definitively that Brace will be a great NT, so I don't see why we can't wait a couple rounds and draft someone like a Sammie Lee Hill much later.
                Understandable. I am a proponent for drafting Brace early, but I can see why one wouldn't be. I definitely would like a DE, considering I was quite dissapointed with losing out on Kendal Langford last year.

I really wish we would entertain the thought of signing Igor Olshanksy this year in FA, but I'm sure there's a reason we aren't.

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                One thing I'm going to say based on Tim's mock and the responses.

I have a gut feeling, along with yours, that we will be dissapointed when we don't get a first round WR this year. However, if we do get our first round WR, than I really wouldn't be upset with going BPA as long as it's not a C or QB.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I think there is still a very large chance we are going to sign a guy by the name of Tyson Jackson and then a WR in the second round. While Defense was probably the stronger side of the ball last year (first half of hte year), he looks as if he wnats to address this very much and a DE is on of the most important parts of the 3-4 defense...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

I think there is still a very large chance we are going to sign a guy by the name of Tyson Jackson and then a WR in the second round. While Defense was probably the stronger side of the ball last year (first half of hte year), he looks as if he wnats to address this very much and a DE is on of the most important parts of the 3-4 defense...
                    I wouldn't be very happy if the Jets drafted Tyson Jackson ahead of the DHB or Maclin but I could very easily see it happening. If the Jets decided to wait until the second round to go WR, who would they take? I would think the best candidates left would be Louis Murphy and Brian Robieski. Louis Murphy is...... a florida wide receiver and Robieski is more of a Cotchery substitute than a complement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                      I wouldn't be very happy if the Jets drafted Tyson Jackson ahead of the DHB or Maclin but I could very easily see it happening. If the Jets decided to wait until the second round to go WR, who would they take? I would think the best candidates left would be Louis Murphy and Brian Robieski. Louis Murphy is...... a florida wide receiver and Robieski is more of a Cotchery substitute than a complement.
                      Thats the problem is that I think we can easily solve this problem of DE by signing Betrand Berry or Igor Olshanky. Both are proven and can both play. While one's tire tread is running low, I believe the other one is a better acquistion and played on a terrifying defense the last few years. I think by getting a proven Veteran, you solve the problem and allow the Jets to draft the position we all want at WR.

Now the odds of this happening: Very doubtful.

We all know the Jets for being the great organization they are when it comes to drafting and make great acquisitions. i.e. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+Blunders&aq=f

I really think once you get past Kenny Britt, the receivers aren't known for being number one receivers and I think the value drops vastly. I would love to see Maclin. Considering Rex said he wants to use Leon as more of a tailback, I think Maclin solves the problem at WR and PR/KR. The only person I'd take in the second round is Underwood. He is a deep threat and has caused a lot of problems for other teams at Rutgers.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think you're overrating Underwood pretty considerably. From watching him play myself I couldn't see taking him before the mid-rounds, maybe round 5, and most seem to think he's a late round prospect.

There really are no wideouts in this draft that we'll be able to get after the first round that really fit what we need (a #1 guy) very well.

If we are going to go defensive end we can probably get better value and fit with a first round wideout and then a second round end. Particularly because we at least have a halfway decent starting end combo, and only have one starting wideout.

Comment

• Apparently the Bucs signed Mike Nugent to a deal. I remember the Jets offering him a deal but him rejecting it.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4215392

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                            Apparently the Bucs signed Mike Nugent to a deal. I remember the Jets offering him a deal but him rejecting it.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4215392
                            Not a shocker. Still would like to see what exactly we plan on doing about our kicking situation. With some uncertainty at QB and generally on the offensive side of the ball outside of the line/backs and a ton of money going into the defense we may need to be a FG kicking team, so it would be nice to make sure we actually convert our opportunities there.

I think I see what TTGS was saying about us maybe still drafting a safety after seeing some possible figures for the Leonhard deal. Rotoworld says its 3 years, $6 million. Not only is that a fantastic deal for us to get a potential starting safety, but it does allow us to upgrade if he doesn't work out. Very, very happy with the signing.

Comment

• Im not gonna quote, but I am pretty sure Berry already signed and I've heard nothing about the Jets having interest in Olshansky. I would love to get Olshansky if it could be done for a reasonable amount of money because he is a good DE and he is Jewish.

I agree that after Nicks, DHB, Britt, and Maclin, the wrs no longer possess the potential to be a #1. As for Underwood, he is an incredibly fast guy who did do great things in college, but he seems to be more of a slot guy/potential 2 to me. If we take a position other than wr in the first, that may be the best we can do. However, I wouldn't want the Jets to plan on taking another position in the first to take Underwood in the second.

Comment

• Haha. Coles signed with the Bengals. We're playing them this year. That's going to be interesting.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information