This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://nyjetscap.com/salary.html

That might be where we're at, but I don't know how accurate it is.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Scott always seems to hate on the Jets. Last year with the Keller pick he took so many shots at us. Whenever it comes to the draft, he loves owning the Jets. So for all the times I agree with him, I am disagreeing right now.

I would love that to be our cap room allowing one more FA to be signed and then draft picks. I would be nice but I sadly think we are done with trades and FA signings...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm fairly certain that's roughly the right cap figure, if not too low. With that space I would like to lock up leon long term, I do not want him going anywhere. Also, I really wish we would sign Olshanksy, I was a huge fan of his when he played for oregon and he would instantly be an upgrade over Coleman, who would than make as a very good backup.

I was also going to mention Scott ragging on us going into the season with Ratty or Clemens...In fact, here's his exact quote which will make for a good quote when we make the playoffs next year :) "Scott Wright: Wow, the Jets would be extremely fortunate if Mark Sanchez fell into their laps at #17 and they'd be crazy not to take him. They will be picking in the Top 10 overall next year if they go with Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff."

Most people like to hate on the Jets, we're like the NFL's red-headed stepchild. I was hoping for Malcolm Kelly or James hardy last year, but when we selected Keller I was a bit confused, but knew the FO must have wanted him for a reason and it turned out pretty damn good.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• To be honest Tangini has been doing well in the draft (fingers crossed for Gholston) so I pretty much trust whatever he does haha
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• We have made very good draft picks of late so I trust the FO as well. And yea it doesnt matter what Scott or the others say I feel very confident about this season (especially if we pick a WR in the 1st).

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
              To be honest Tangini has been doing well in the draft (fingers crossed for Gholston) so I pretty much trust whatever he does haha
              I have always wondered how big a role mangini played in the draft process. I guess it's no longer Tangini but maybe something like T-Rex..

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                I have always wondered how big a role mangini played in the draft process. I guess it's no longer Tangini but maybe something like T-Rex..
                I'd like to hope there's a bit less of an emphasis on character and intelligence. Not that I really minded to much, but it handcuffed us some. As long as the people we're taking know what they're doing on the field, don't get in trouble off it (or have learned from their mistakes), and work hard we should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                  I'd like to hope there's a bit less of an emphasis on character and intelligence. Not that I really minded to much, but it handcuffed us some. As long as the people we're taking know what they're doing on the field, don't get in trouble off it (or have learned from their mistakes), and work hard we should be fine.
                  couldn't have said it better...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-scott#page/1

Ooh boy. He's got me all excited.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post

i didnt see the scott in the link and my first thought was 'oh my god, t.o. and jets have a mutual interest in eachother!'
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• T.O to NY? Lol I would be running to Mangini crying to come back. And yes This Offseason has got me very excited. When we draft a WR 1st round I will be the happiest man on earth and will be more excited then ever before.

Comment

• Yeah but Rex Ryan could be the guy to not take any of his ****. If we somehow did get him and he started pulling **** I think RR would just sit him haha

Comment

• Rex Ryan = Angry, Straight-Forward Fat Guy

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                              Yeah but Rex Ryan could be the guy to not take any of his ****. If we somehow did get him and he started pulling **** I think RR would just sit him haha
                              Ooo no not that Rex cant control him just the fact Mangini would never let him on our team. I dont want him near our young team that is starting to get great chemistry.
                              Last edited by GET LOOSE; 03-05-2009, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• yeah true, but i did get excited when I first thought about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information