Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care how much how tough Rex Ryan is, TO would be terrible for any young qb.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
      I don't care how much how tough Rex Ryan is, TO would be terrible for any young qb.
      Agreed, I don't want TO and his team wrecking ways anywhere near the New York Jets. And with the New York media the way it is, he'd wreck the team twice as fast as he did the Cowboys or the Eagles.

Comment

• Yeah agreed I'm thinking TO is a big mistake for us at this point. Wouldn't mind a cheap vet wideout to take some pressure off whoever we hopefully draft, but at this point I want #29 extended.

I wonder if straight shooting Rex Ryan has something up his sleeve this offseason. He's been so seemingly open it sets him up to be straight up on almost everything except one big thing and pull a major floozy on everyone. I'm curious to see if that's actually what he's doing, and if it is what he's going to pull. It's just such a perfect setup for something like that I can't help but be a little skeptical and wonder if there's something that's going to catch everyone off guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          Yeah agreed I'm thinking TO is a big mistake for us at this point. Wouldn't mind a cheap vet wideout to take some pressure off whoever we hopefully draft, but at this point I want #29 extended.

I wonder if straight shooting Rex Ryan has something up his sleeve this offseason. He's been so seemingly open it sets him up to be straight up on almost everything except one big thing and pull a major floozy on everyone. I'm curious to see if that's actually what he's doing, and if it is what he's going to pull. It's just such a perfect setup for something like that I can't help but be a little skeptical and wonder if there's something that's going to catch everyone off guard.
          It's possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up in case there's a big letdown.

In any case, the Jets were one of many teams to declare their disinterest in TO.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
            It's possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up in case there's a big letdown.

In any case, the Jets were one of many teams to declare their disinterest in TO.
            Letdown for what? Extending LW?

Don't know if it came across that I wanted TO because I absolutely don't...the something up Ryan's sleeve was completely general. I just think the straight shooting makes it easy to pull something over in one or two of those situations. We'll see what happens, just a thought.

Comment

• I swear if we even dabble the name TO in our front office, I will flip out. While he maybe probably be one of the greatest WR's of all time, he is a virus. When I say the word virus I mean that strongly because he is the prime source of destroying a locker. The guy acts younger then my sperm. I truly hope we don't. Much rather draft a guy who is young and brand new then even bother worrying about TO. We prob wont go after him but if we, ill flip out.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• We better not touch TO. I'm glad it has been made public that we aren't interested....hopefully they stand by that.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                  We better not touch TO. I'm glad it has been made public that we aren't interested....hopefully they stand by that.
                  amen to that
                  J. MESS

Comment

• Looking at the deal Olshansky got, that doesn't seem all too bad IMO. Of course, we didn't even look at him. I'd think that he'd fit our mentality and he's a good team-first guy, so that'd kind of lead me to believe we're fairly confident in our DEs. I could still see us drafting one, but I'd kind of feel as though Tyson Jackson is out of the running.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Yea I wanted to get Olshansky hes very good against the run. But I never had a problem with Coleman hes been productive and is a pretty smart player as well. Wish we would have kept Mosely I really liked him. I think he would be a good DE in the 3-4. Hope he does good with the Browns

Comment

• Damn I didn't see that we lost Mosley. He was great depth.
                        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• T.O. will never wear green you're all wasting your breath. Now lets talk a little more realistic, Losman/Garcia/Leftwich our next move?

Comment

• Originally posted by MyLostintention View Post
                            T.O. will never wear green you're all wasting your breath. Now lets talk a little more realistic, Losman/Garcia/Leftwich our next move?
                            Losman - Man I hope not.

Garcia - Would cost too much.

Leftwich - If the Jets are going to give someone a second chance, why not have it be Clemens?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              Losman - Man I hope not.

Garcia - Would cost too much.

Leftwich - If the Jets are going to give someone a second chance, why not have it be Clemens?
                              You are aware of the 3 QBs that are on the roster right?

Even if you think Clemens will be the QB, he coulden't beat out Pennington when he had the chance (not that he hasn't progressed sense). Regardless of how good he is, he better well beat out the other two QBs on the roster at this point, but that doesn't mean he is better then someone we can sign from FA. The Jets have a solid team, but at the end of the day and at this point, they don't seem to have a dependable QB on paper. They need to bring someone in, and frankly, I am a little surprised they haven't.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                                You are aware of the 3 QBs that are on the roster right?

Even if you think Clemens will be the QB, he coulden't beat out Pennington when he had the chance (not that he hasn't progressed sense). Regardless of how good he is, he better well beat out the other two QBs on the roster at this point, but that doesn't mean he is better then someone we can sign from FA. The Jets have a solid team, but at the end of the day and at this point, they don't seem to have a dependable QB on paper. They need to bring someone in, and frankly, I am a little surprised they haven't.
                                Who is the dependable QB you are talking about? Jeff Garcia hasn't played a full 16 game season since 2002 and this past season, it wasn't because he got hurt, it was because he got benched. Plus, he's a 39 year old QB with a questionable arm. Not very dependable.

J.P. Losman is dependably bad. The Jets are better off with any of the QB's on the roster. If he's the starter this year for the Jets, you're looking at a top 5 pick and a lot of happy Bills fans.

Byron Leftwich - Has been a backup for the past two years after he got cut from Jacksonville. If the Jets are going to give him a second chance, why don't they give it Clemens instead? What dependability does he provide?

Who else is there in free agency?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information