Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idk but even if we sign Holt I hope we still draft a WR first round. Holt, Cotchery, Maclin/DHB/? would be a nice trio.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
      Idk but even if we sign Holt I hope we still draft a WR first round. Holt, Cotchery, Maclin/DHB/? would be a nice trio.
      Agreed. Part of me wonders if signing Holt would mean we go with more of a BPA approach in round 1 and try to let Clowney develop. I still hope we draft someone in the first, though.

Comment

• Torry Holt I think has a good 2 years left. He has had great production in the past and I think would make a terrific signing. Has probably one of the best hands in the game and I think has a solid 2 seasons left. If we sign him, I can see it being a 3 to 4 year deal to satisfy his needs. If im not mistaken he is 32 so it isn't so bad. Would command a solid $3m-$6m. I would be happy with this move. And then if we draft another WR, i'd be really satisfied. Heyward-Bey, Harvin, or Maclin would be the go to becuase they would start at slot. Though I wouldn't be happy with Harvin, thats what it would probably be.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• i agree. wr is one of those positions that you never can have enough of (especially at the start of summer). getting holt would really open our options at WR cause we could go after a guy like harvin.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Holt would be a nice signing. If that happenes I just hope that does not rule out WR in the 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
              Holt would be a nice signing. If that happenes I just hope that does not rule out WR in the 1st.
              I dont think signing Holt will preclude them from draftinh someone in round 1 or 2 as a WR. I think they may have to trade for hold because I cant see him being a FA (If he were released) and signing here with our QB situation.
              J. MESS

Comment

• Do any of you guys like scotts mock? I really am dissapointed with it. The only way i see us taking Harvin, is if we sign a reciever and in round two, i dont see the point in wasting one of our high draft picks on a position that isnt really even a need when we have Leon and Thomas and just because thomas is 30 dosnt mean we should take a runningback, he can still be good. we can just take a runningback in a couple years when we need one.

does anyone else feel this way too?

Comment

• Originally posted by jetvilma51 View Post
                  Do any of you guys like scotts mock? I really am dissapointed with it. The only way i see us taking Harvin, is if we sign a reciever and in round two, i dont see the point in wasting one of our high draft picks on a position that isnt really even a need when we have Leon and Thomas and just because thomas is 30 dosnt mean we should take a runningback, he can still be good. we can just take a runningback in a couple years when we need one.

does anyone else feel this way too?
                  I dont like it at all. I hate Harvin and if we go wth a RB it better be a power back.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I have never liked Harvin and even if I did like him hes not even a true WR. We have Leon to do what Harvin can do we need a true Wr like DHB who was there in his Mock. Hopefully our FO does not make that choice if faced with that situation

Comment

• feely re-signed

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...eely-re-signed

edit: terms of deal- one-year, $1.45 million
                      Last edited by jetvilma51; 03-09-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I'm pretty disappointed with it. At this point we need more of a pure wideout, and even if we sign a guy like Holt Harvin's too similar to LW for my taste and too injury prone on top of it. And as somebody said, if we draft a back I want a power guy.

Comment

• I am a big McCoy fan, but i would rather have DHB in the first. If the draft went DHB and McCoy i would be ecstatic

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                            I am a big McCoy fan, but i would rather have DHB in the first. If the draft went DHB and McCoy i would be ecstatic
                            i really dont see our organization taking a runningback this year but that miht be just me

Comment

• just to give u guys a heads up

Browns signed Hank Poteat and looking to sign Abram Elam and Eric Barton

not a big deal losing them

Comment

• Originally posted by jetvilma51 View Post
                                i really dont see our organization taking a runningback this year but that miht be just me
                                I see no reason not to. This year's draft has a lot of depth at running back and wide out is our only glaring need. I would actually be surprised if we didn't take an RB at some point during this draft. McCoy is excellent value in the 2nd round too

Sig by Me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information