This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    I'd look at that and go "ruh roh". The Jets don't have the pieces in place for Jay Cutler to have a season in New York that he just did in Denver. And to take Leon Washington off the team would make that worse. If the Jets went ahead and did that deal, you'd see Jay Cutler handing the ball off to Thomas Jones and throwing nothing but short passes and interceptions despite having one of the best arms in the NFL.

Denver's wide receivers were Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Brandon Stoakley.

New York's wide receivers are Jerricho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey and Brad Smith.

In Denver, Cotchery would be the #3 guy and Stuckey and Smith would be on the bottom of the depth chart.

Denver has the receiving options in place to make best use of Jay Cutler. The Jets don't. They just don't.
    (Hypothetically) Cutler woulden't be on our team for only a year.....
    Our WR situation will get better.

I would just throw in the fact I would be absolutely shocked if the Jets actually got him. Cutler apparently is selling his house.

Comment

• Is the Brad Smith experiment at Quarterback over for you guys? I think he's underutilized in the Jets offense. Love when the balls in his hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
        Is the Brad Smith experiment at Quarterback over for you guys? I think he's underutilized in the Jets offense. Love when the balls in his hands.
        He was never picked to be the QB.
        Sorry if that is harsh, I know your feelings towards him.
        He is still the man.

Comment

Is the Brad Smith experiment at Quarterback over for you guys? I think he's underutilized in the Jets offense. Love when the balls in his hands.
          I think he works fine as a third QB/a situational guy. Agree he's underutilized, I'd imagine there are more creative ways to get him the ball because he's great with it in his hands. Still, I'm not sure if he's got much of a future with this team. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up in Cleveland when his deal expires, and I also wouldn't be shocked to see him have more success in a different situation regardless of where it is.

As a side note, looks like we signed Marques Douglas.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
            He was never picked to be the QB.
            Sorry if that is harsh, I know your feelings towards him.
            He is still the man.
            Yeah I know he was never picked to be the Quarterback, but he got reps at QB his first 3 seasons in the league.

Comment

Yeah I know he was never picked to be the Quarterback, but he got reps at QB his first 3 seasons in the league.

He's thrown less passes than Ladanian Tomlinson the past three years.

Comment

• Anyone else catch that vid on the Jets' website with B-Schott? I don't know about anyone else, but it seemed like to me that he's pretty much on the Ratliff bandwagon. The only real redeeming thing he kept going to about Clemens is his knowledge of the playbook. And in discussing Ainge, they don't really appear to serious about him being in this competition. Like the one black dude said (I don't watch Jets Nation), the offense kind of seems perfect for Ratliff's skill-set. Of course, when asked if he thought our QB was on the roster right now, B-Schott didn't seem too confident, so I'd wonder if there is some legs to Cutler interest or possibly even interest in Sanchez.

With Cutler though, I'd really like to know what our team thinks about him. Not sure if that quote about him from Rhodes was taken out of context or what. And, I guess the "prank" pulled on Cutler at the Pro Bowl Mangold was involved. So who knows. Maybe even our guys are just spiteful. Everyone else that was involved in that article talking about hating Cutler had some sort of vendetta against him. I'd hope though that we wouldn't bring in someone that's already disliked in the locker room.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Do any of you folks live in the New York/Jersey area? Have you guys heard anything about us and Cutler on the sports shows or something?
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                    Do any of you folks live in the New York/Jersey area? Have you guys heard anything about us and Cutler on the sports shows or something?
                    i sometimes hear it brought up on like SNY but when they talk about it, they say its not likely to happen but dont rule it out

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                      Do any of you folks live in the New York/Jersey area? Have you guys heard anything about us and Cutler on the sports shows or something?
                      I hadn't heard anything substantial from the NY media, mostly internet rumors..
                      J. MESS

Comment

• im also hearing rumors about us possibly picking up samari rolle because he recently asked for baltimore to release him but he would be our nickel back so idk if he would wanna do that and idk if we would wanna pay him good money

also barton signed back with mangini

Comment

• Originally posted by jetvilma51 View Post
                          im also hearing rumors about us possibly picking up samari rolle because he recently asked for baltimore to release him but he would be our nickel back so idk if he would wanna do that and idk if we would wanna pay him good money

also barton signed back with mangini
                          I don't get why all these guys keep following Mangini to the Browns. It seemed like the team didn't really like him. Is it more because these guys don't have other offers or perhaps because the reports that the majority of the team disliking Mangini were overstated?

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                            I don't get why all these guys keep following Mangini to the Browns. It seemed like the team didn't really like him. Is it more because these guys don't have other offers or perhaps because the reports that the majority of the team disliking Mangini were overstated?
                            I'd say it was a little of both. For instance, Jenkins seemed like he really liked Mangini in an interview I read. Probably one of the anonymous team sources (Coles? Baker?) that ******* and moaned a lot made Mangini seem worse than he was.

Still happy with Ryan though, and it doesn't seem Mangini is making friends with everyone there (Rodgers). The big difference between the guys following Mangini and the guys following Rex is that the guys following Mangini are considerably lower quality than a few of the ex-Ravens we've brought in. Because of that, the mediocre free agents he's bringing in have a much better opportunity to start in Cleveland than they would elsewhere, IMO, which has to be an appeal for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                              I'd say it was a little of both. For instance, Jenkins seemed like he really liked Mangini in an interview I read. Probably one of the anonymous team sources (Coles? Baker?) that ******* and moaned a lot made Mangini seem worse than he was.

Still happy with Ryan though, and it doesn't seem Mangini is making friends with everyone there (Rodgers). The big difference between the guys following Mangini and the guys following Rex is that the guys following Mangini are considerably lower quality than a few of the ex-Ravens we've brought in. Because of that, the mediocre free agents he's bringing in have a much better opportunity to start in Cleveland than they would elsewhere, IMO, which has to be an appeal for them.
                              Just to clear it up, I was by no means suggesting that I want Mangini back or that I am disappointed with Rex's job in free agency. I am just surprised that actually decent/good players like Moseley and Barton would follow mangini. Poteat and Bowens make complete sense because they are fringe players who know they have found their niche with mangini.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                                Just to clear it up, I was by no means suggesting that I want Mangini back or that I am disappointed with Rex's job in free agency. I am just surprised that actually decent/good players like Moseley and Barton would follow mangini. Poteat and Bowens make complete sense because they are fringe players who know they have found their niche with mangini.
                                I think its money, familiarity with the system and opporunity for more playing time that is bringing them to Cleveland. Not having to learn a system when going to a new team is a big help because a guy can compete right away.
                                J. MESS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information