• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Cutler stuff...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11919325

sounds like he is either angling for a contract or a trade
    J. MESS

Comment

• Just read elsewhere that Rex is real interested in Marques Murrell, a guy I believe is currently on our practice squad, I'm assuming using him as a pass rusher. I think Mangini tried to use him as an ILB, but not sure. In any case, I think it'd make sense to put him at OLB. But ANYWAYS, I decided to look up some stuff about him and he actually put up gaudy stats (D1-AA, but still) and was actually the more touted prospect on App State of the DE tandem he created with Jason Hunter (which is a guy I liked back in the... I think '05 draft). And I guess his brother played for us back in the day so he might have a real tie to the time. Here's some info on him:

An incredibly productive player with good blood lines: brother, Adrian, played 10 seasons in the NFL with the New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals, Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys. Murrell was: a candidate for the Buck Buchanan Award given to the top defensive player in NCAA Division I-AA football, a 2006 1-AA All-America Team, named to first-team All-America selection by The Sports Network and ranks among ASU’s all-time leaders with 55 career sacks, 59 tackles for loss and 18 forced fumbles proving that last year’s All-America campaign was not entirely the result of playing opposite another All-America defensive end in Jason Hunter. Also the first player in ASU’s long line of standout defensive linemen to lead the squad in sacks three-straight seasons adding 15 pounds to his six-foot-two frame in the offseaon combining speed and power to frustrate offensive tackles and get to the quarterback or ball carrier.
      2005: Consensus first-team All-American, first-team all-Southern Conference selection, placed ninth in voting for Buck Buchanan Award, and led the SoCon in sacks (13) and tackles for loss (26.5)tied with teammate Jason Hunter for ASU single-season sack record.
      Murre llwas one of just three players to rank among the top 10 nationally in sacks (13; t-9th), tackles for loss (26.5; 5th) and forced fumbles (7; 3rd)and led Mountaineers in forced fumbles (7), quarterback hurries (8) and fumble recoveries, he even came up with perhaps the biggest play in Mountaineer history when he stripped Northern Iowa quarterback Eric Sanders of the ball in the fourth quarter of the 2005 national championship game, Hunter scooped up the fumble for what turned out to be the winning touchdown of the Apps’ 21-16 triumph had eight tackles, 3.5 for loss, 2.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and two QB hurries in the triumph over EKU and seven tackles, 2.5 for loss and a sack in 30-3 rout of nationally ranked Coastal Carolina all three of his tackles at The Citadel were behind the line of scrimmage (including two sacks) also returned a fumble 89 yards for a touchdown versus the Bulldogs, en route to SoCon Defensive Player of the Week accolades he was named I-AA.org National Weekly All-Star for efforts in title game.
      2004: Earned first-team all-SoCon honors from the league’s media and second-team plaudits from the coaches and led the conference with 7.0 sacks and ranked third in the league with 12.5 tackles for loss on the season recorded at least one stop behind the line of scrimmage in eight of 11 games and turned in his best stretch of the season versus three-straight top-five opponents, combining for 19 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and three sacks in wins over No. 2 Furman and No. 5 Wofford and had a sack, forced fumble and two quarterback hurries in thrilling 30-29 triumph over No. 2 Furman in his best performance he recorded a career-high 2.5 TFL and forced a fumble in 38-17 rout over Wofford.
      2003: Played in all 11 games, mostly on special teams posting12 tackles, including four for loss with 1.5 sacks as well as a forced a fumble against Chattanooga and had his first quarterback sack versus Hawaii.
      And a video:

Might just be a case of Mangini using another guy improperly. Might just be that we have the next James Harrison on our hands...
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Speaking of random dudes on the team, a guy I liked last year when he played in one of the last gamed of the season, was Jason Trusnik. He always seemed to be near the ball and stopping guys just short of where they needed to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
          And I guess his brother played for us back in the day so he might have a real tie to the time. Here's some info on him:

Hey..."back in the day" wasn't that long ago..lol...his brother did have 2 1,000 yard seasons and is the guy Curtis replaced at tailback.
          J. MESS

Comment

• So I had this horrible dream. We somehow traded up to the second overall pick. Everyone was pumped and for some reason I thought we were taking Curry, but anyway the selection came in and we took... Brandon Tate. We weren't at Radio City Music Hall though, we were in some library/grocery store where apparently a lot of the draft picks were. Everyone was laughing and Tate who was there stormed out crying. He was complaining about how this was going to be his legacy and everyone was going to be bashing him (the guy looked more like Ty Lawson though). Then it cut to his coach peeing on a statue (but it wasn't his coach, it was Heihachi) talking about all the rigors he put his players through at 6 am, but then he slipped and hit his head on the stairs. Then it cut to a promo for Tekken 6. And then I woke up.

...So now I'm all worried. :(
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Just read elsewhere that Rex is real interested in Marques Murrell, a guy I believe is currently on our practice squad, I'm assuming using him as a pass rusher. I think Mangini tried to use him as an ILB, but not sure. In any case, I think it'd make sense to put him at OLB. But ANYWAYS, I decided to look up some stuff about him and he actually put up gaudy stats (D1-AA, but still) and was actually the more touted prospect on App State of the DE tandem he created with Jason Hunter (which is a guy I liked back in the... I think '05 draft). And I guess his brother played for us back in the day so he might have a real tie to the time. Here's some info on him:

Might just be a case of Mangini using another guy improperly. Might just be that we have the next James Harrison on our hands...
              Great video bud, what a dream that would be if he developed into a James Harrison.

Where did ya hear that Rex was interested in him?? Was it from a radio show or something? It's not that I doubt you at all, just this time of the year the papers need something to write and this just got me quite excited. I want to know whether to temper my expectations or not haha.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• -Josh Freeman idea is scaring me more and more. I'm just never high on raw talent. I really don't know because while this guy can be Dan Marino, I have a bigger feeling he is going to wind up like Ryan Leaf. Just something about him scares me and I want to stay away.

-Murrell video was great. I can definately see a situational player in that guy and could be good for third down at OLB. Like what I see....

-Im starting to think that we should give Ratliff a shot. I just wanna see what this kid has under his gun. Im excited to see what he is capable of.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

So I had this horrible dream. We somehow traded up to the second overall pick. Everyone was pumped and for some reason I thought we were taking Curry, but anyway the selection came in and we took... Brandon Tate. We weren't at Radio City Music Hall though, we were in some library/grocery store where apparently a lot of the draft picks were. Everyone was laughing and Tate who was there stormed out crying. He was complaining about how this was going to be his legacy and everyone was going to be bashing him (the guy looked more like Ty Lawson though). Then it cut to his coach peeing on a statue (but it wasn't his coach, it was Heihachi) talking about all the rigors he put his players through at 6 am, but then he slipped and hit his head on the stairs. Then it cut to a promo for Tekken 6. And then I woke up.

I'll try to analyze that dream just a litte. Firstly, you are g a y and you have intimacy issues. No doubt. Lastly, you clearly have an irrational fear of pineapples.

Comment

So I had this horrible dream. We somehow traded up to the second overall pick. Everyone was pumped and for some reason I thought we were taking Curry, but anyway the selection came in and we took... Brandon Tate. We weren't at Radio City Music Hall though, we were in some library/grocery store where apparently a lot of the draft picks were. Everyone was laughing and Tate who was there stormed out crying. He was complaining about how this was going to be his legacy and everyone was going to be bashing him (the guy looked more like Ty Lawson though). Then it cut to his coach peeing on a statue (but it wasn't his coach, it was Heihachi) talking about all the rigors he put his players through at 6 am, but then he slipped and hit his head on the stairs. Then it cut to a promo for Tekken 6. And then I woke up.

At least i'm not the only person who has NY Jets dreams.....half the time i don't know if they are a good sign or bad.....why does the draft have to be so far away....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                      Great video bud, what a dream that would be if he developed into a James Harrison.

Where did ya hear that Rex was interested in him?? Was it from a radio show or something? It's not that I doubt you at all, just this time of the year the papers need something to write and this just got me quite excited. I want to know whether to temper my expectations or not haha.
                      I'd be interested to hear that as well. Murrell will definitely be an interesting guy to keep an eye on in that case, and he's only 23 which is good. Are you sure the profile and everything match up though? Based on that his last year was in '05 but he's only 23 which means he would've graduated at 19 or 20...the total sacks and the sum of the sacks in each season don't add up either. One is like in the 50's and the other is in the 30's...unless the one in the 50's is from HS and I didn't notice.

The draft is also way too far away. One thing I've noticed recently is that Freeman has supposedly been flying up draft boards recently after a great Pro Day and whatnot. So perhaps we don't even have to worry about him being on the board at 17. In that case the concern would be falling in love with him and trading up to get him. Could you imagine...? I mean I'll obviously be rooting for the guy if we draft him but I think we'd all rather not go down that path. Maybe some team...besides us...falls in love and drafts him ahead of Sanchez. Should be an interesting, albeit frightening, situation to follow as the draft nears.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure '06 was his last year and they just got the bio info off the school site and you know how a lot of school sites don't put up the Senior year for players. In any case, I got the info from some guy that has Jets Confidential which I believe is the Insider info thing for the Jets' scout.com page.

EDIT: Actually, he says it's not from scout. So I have no idea. Jets Confidential though.
                        Last edited by thetedginnshow; 03-16-2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Anyone see the vid of Bart Scott on the Jets' site? The dude is money. He's going to be giving us quotes all year. He talks a mile a minute. lol

Comment

Anyone see the vid of Bart Scott on the Jets' site? The dude is money. He's going to be giving us quotes all year. He talks a mile a minute. lol
                            Didn't see it but I'll be sure to check it out. The quotes are great, I'm confident he fits in very well in the locker room and on the field, supposedly he's great in the community. Still really, really love the signing. He's pretty eloquent too which makes him even more fun to listen to.

Comment

• Pats are close to getting Peppers!!!!
                              That really sucks

Comment

• Agreed. The Pats are going to be impossible to beat next year

Sig by Me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information