This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    Yes, the Jets have unproven talent in Clowney and Stuckey. Which would be great if it didn't seem like the Jets are going to be completely reliant on them to succeed after two seasons where they showed very little, even in the preseasons.

I'm bummed to. So far I've liked every move the Jets have made this off-season, but I'm gearing up for a big letdown come draft day. :(
    I really agree with you there, I'm just not sure exactly how far separated Clemens and Ratliff are from Clowney and Stuckey. I mean there's definitely some separation there and Clemens has clearly proved more than Stuckey, Clowney and Ratliff are probably in the same boat without really having proved much. But is the talent/experience gap really that wide? And is a WR really going to have that much of a bigger impact? I think the talent/experience and early impact all favor WR's at this point, but it's not like it's far and away the case.

Hopefully they don't let us down. And remember, with whatever pick we make, it probably could have been worse. Unless we take like Michael Johnson as somebody brought up in another thread. Then I might cry.

Comment

• Speaking of Cotchery, I was looking at some stuff and he reminds me a lot of Derrick Mason. For some reason it makes me think he'll have a better version of Mason's past season in '09.

But really, there's so many prospects I'm terrified of (at least hopefully now Vontae Davis is ruled out, who I know was loved by a lot of Jets fans), I'd probably be one of the only Jets fans excited if we actually ended up trading away our first this year.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        Speaking of Cotchery, I was looking at some stuff and he reminds me a lot of Derrick Mason. For some reason it makes me think he'll have a better version of Mason's past season in '09.

But really, there's so many prospects I'm terrified of (at least hopefully now Vontae Davis is ruled out, who I know was loved by a lot of Jets fans), I'd probably be one of the only Jets fans excited if we actually ended up trading away our first this year.
        For a first next year? Depending on the team, I could definitely dig it at this point. Down into the second I really wouldn't have too much of a problem with either, but I'd prefer the future first.

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...th-to-the-jets

This is a good man.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I saw on NFL Network about on the back page of... I believe the Times, maybe the Daily News, there was a giant warning for the Jets to not trade for Cutler. Kind of makes me feel as though we won't do it. On subjects like that, they seem to not want to stray from the perceived public opinion all too much.

Now I just need a warning about Freeman.

Comment

That would be intriguing. Especially for that price. Somewhere between a 4th and a 7th? I'd do that in a heartbeat. Wonder if its just kind of BS speculation or if there's actually something to it, though.

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
              I saw on NFL Network about on the back page of... I believe the Times, maybe the Daily News, there was a giant warning for the Jets to not trade for Cutler. Kind of makes me feel as though we won't do it. On subjects like that, they seem to not want to stray from the perceived public opinion all too much.

Now I just need a warning about Freeman.
              I wish I could write that article. I'd have it out for tomorrow's paper. Freakin journalists that know nothing about the draft...

Comment

Haha. I know you've got a thing for Troy Smith ;), but I don't see any legs for this story.

Not sure if you checked, but this article was written by a 16 year old high school student from Connecticut.

I will agree that Smith hasn't gotten too much of a chance to show what he can do.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Oh I don't take anything from the Bleacher Report to heart, but maybe, just maybe, T-Rex decided to surf the web and get some ideas for the off-season. :)

Comment

• Oh my god. Scott just said Freeman in the first, Louis Murphy in the third for our draft. He's so mean to us. :(

Comment

Oh my god. Scott just said Freeman in the first, Louis Murphy in the third for our draft. He's so mean to us. :(
                      At least Jarron Gilbert's in there...

EDIT:

Know what the worst part is? Go on most Jets forums and that's an ideal first three rounds, with Gilbert being the biggest question mark.
                      Last edited by derza222; 03-18-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Why can't we go WR in the first. Gilbert in the 2nd. Power RB in the 3rd. Its so simple!!! Enough of this Freeman crap.
                        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Cimini put up his predictions on the 3 guys we go after in the draft. Tooted his own horn a little, saying he had Revis in '07 and Gholston last year on the same list. This time he's got Maclin (says we might trade up for him), Jackson (guys like him are hard to find, Rex is a defensive guy), Freeman (rough around the edges, maybe we should trade down or back into the first for him if anything). At least he's a little skeptical on Freeman there. Better than "zomgz he's got a cannonz".

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                          Why can't we go WR in the first. Gilbert in the 2nd. Power RB in the 3rd. Its so simple!!! Enough of this Freeman crap.
                          I'd <3 that.

Comment

• Perfect. Maclin and Jackson are the guys I'm looking to get. I think we may trade up for Maclin. I know we have a new coach but Tannenbaum has shown he loves to trade up to get the guy he wants.
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                              Cimini put up his predictions on the 3 guys we go after in the draft. Tooted his own horn a little, saying he had Revis in '07 and Gholston last year on the same list. This time he's got Maclin (says we might trade up for him), Jackson (guys like him are hard to find, Rex is a defensive guy), Freeman (rough around the edges, maybe we should trade down or back into the first for him if anything). At least he's a little skeptical on Freeman there. Better than "zomgz he's got a cannonz".

I'd <3 that.
                              I think he's coming out with his list a little too early. He should wait until after the pro days, because I don't think that's what the top of our big board will look like. Then again, I may be wrong. Of course, I had Revis and Gholston to us as well, and I think others did also.

Comment

I think he's coming out with his list a little too early. He should wait until after the pro days, because I don't think that's what the top of our big board will look like. Then again, I may be wrong. Of course, I had Revis and Gholston to us as well, and I think others did also.
                                Agree that's not what the top of the big board is going to look like. I just think he took the 3 consensus needs, put our favorite guy at each (in Freeman's case the guy that has a chance to be there), and called it a day. It is early, but only Maclin still needs to have his pro day out of the three. And I do think it's pretty easy to make general calls like that at this point, plus he can fiddle around with it as time goes on.

I do want an end next year, tough. Just figured I'd throw that out there. A lot will change between then and now obviously, but that class is bonerific. At least 1 or 2 of the guys that are being looked at as studs now (Odrick from PSU, Jones from Cuse, Oghobaase from Duke, Suh from Nebraska) should be studs next year too. Not everybody's going to fall off the map. Hopefully all four are still legit by then. And I think there's a guy or two I'm forgetting there, also.
                                Last edited by derza222; 03-18-2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information